• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Yesterday I went to 'Sprouts' to get some oatmeal.  They had a nice system: a line to get in the store with marks on the pavement every 6 feet, one person leaves/one goes in, inside same marks for checkout.

Unfortunately, I get inside and most of the prices have been marked up 30%.  3E6S7jKzV9C7gWlAl_Gi.gif

In other news, now that our so-called health experts have decided that..."Hey, maybe masks might help," I found three brand new n95 masks in a tool box at home.  :whee:

Challengers of the Unknown

I've never seen this before.  Check out the cast.  Jo Ann Worley? :D

TV Guide – September 20th, 1964 – Challengers of the Unknown on CBS

uFWwRiu.jpg

Spoiler

April Fools.  I stole this from another site.  :)

1 hour ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Yesterday I went to 'Sprouts' to get some oatmeal.  They had a nice system: a line to get in the store with marks on the pavement every 6 feet, one person leaves/one goes in, inside same marks for checkout.

Unfortunately, I get inside and most of the prices have been marked up 30%.  3E6S7jKzV9C7gWlAl_Gi.gif

In other news, now that our so-called health experts have decided that..."Hey, maybe masks might help," I found three brand new n95 masks in a tool box at home.  :whee:

Well, you are paying for the organic junk.

Are you from California, as the only Sprouts I've seen was in Yorba Linda

8 minutes ago, greggy said:

Actually, their oatmeal isn't organic for some reason.  Whole Foods used to charge 2X what Sprouts charged, and it was labeled as organic.  As soon as I found Sprouts, I stopped buying oatmeal from Whole Foods - "Organic" is a religion I don't subscribe to. :)

Yeah, I'm in the SF Bay Area.

1 hour ago, greggy said:

They're all over - I've seen 'em in Texas, Kansas, Florida and I'm sure they're elsewhere.  That being said, I've never stepped into one.

8 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

They're all over - I've seen 'em in Texas, Kansas, Florida and I'm sure they're elsewhere.  That being said, I've never stepped into one.

No one asked you :p

1 minute ago, JazzMan said:

My knowledge is freely given to those who want it, my friend.  Isn't your nap time coming up?  Someone needs a nap.

I have barely napped for my now extended 6 week paid leave.

I have been bingeing a bunch of good shows. 

1 minute ago, JazzMan said:

What have you been watching?

Finished the following:

1) Mandalorian

2) Watchemen

3) Westworld

4) Ozark

Currently working on Killing Eve

1 minute ago, greggy said:

Finished the following:

1) Mandalorian

2) Watchemen

3) Westworld

4) Ozark

I liked The Mandalorian and Watchmen.  I've hear that Ozark is good.  Star Trek: Discovery is the one I've been binge watching for the past week.  Liking it so far.

22 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

We just got our new rules...

What's allowed, and what's not, under the new Bay Area shelter-in-place rules until May 3

Under the new rules, bulk foods are not allowed to be sold.

Bulk food in bulk food bins. I was startled thinking I wouldn't be able to buy dry beans. lol

2 hours ago, JazzMan said:
2 hours ago, greggy said:

Finished the following:

1) Mandalorian

2) Watchemen

3) Westworld

4) Ozark

I liked The Mandalorian and Watchmen.  I've hear that Ozark is good.  Star Trek: Discovery is the one I've been binge watching for the past week.  Liking it so far.

Picard is good too.  I like it better than Discovery.

vhQzrhm.gif

2 hours ago, steveinthecity said:
2 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

We just got our new rules...

What's allowed, and what's not, under the new Bay Area shelter-in-place rules until May 3

Under the new rules, bulk foods are not allowed to be sold.

Bulk food in bulk food bins. I was startled thinking I wouldn't be able to buy dry beans. lol

Correct!  I should have been more clear.

BTW - for black beans, I found Smart & Final has the best prices.  I must have 20 lbs in the pantry.

2 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Picard is good too.  I like it better than Discovery.

vhQzrhm.gif

Finished Killing Eve...new season on April 12th

I got a recommendation to try out Black Mirror.  Thankfully, these are standalone episodes. 

15 minutes ago, greggy said:

Finished Killing Eve...new season on April 12th

I got a recommendation to try out Black Mirror.  Thankfully, these are standalone episodes. 

They are stand alone for the most part but some clues to other episodes are hidden in others. You might not even notice them-- unless you watch the easter egg type review shows on youtube sites like GameSpot Universe