• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:
1 hour ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

An absolutely incredible artist.  Very sad news.  I have the complete Metabarons hardcover, which is fantastic.

And earlier, his work was always a highlight of Heavy Metal magazine.

I loved his Heavy Metal work.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:11 AM, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

This might help with the boredom...

A)

CBS All Access Offers Free Month Trial

Using the code “GIFT,” fans can sign up for CBS All Access for free, anytime before April 23, 2020. After creating an account, CBS allows you to cancel the plan immediately and still use the entire month. Simply scroll to the bottom of the account page and hit “Cancel Subscription.” No need to remember to cancel at the end of the trial. 

B)

Free, no need to sign up, through May 15th

https://www.siriusxm.com

&

C)

Comics Service Izneo Offering 1,800 Titles for Free

On 3/28/2020 at 5:28 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Here's one more while it's quiet JLW. Again, an issue of ASM.

Most covers have a nicely centered image. Which ASM has all this white nothing at the very centre of it?

See if you can guess first without looking them up....

45_LI.thumb.jpg.0f5ea4b6b969239e5eca76850be7f15f.jpg  45p.thumb.jpg.23f149a7b2f6e0478b1038aa83d48278.jpg

Unless I missed it, no one had a go. It was ASM #45. I just thought it was interesting how much of the centre of the cover had nothing on it.

Anyway, carry on.

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:
On 3/28/2020 at 10:28 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Here's one more while it's quiet JLW. Again, an issue of ASM.

Most covers have a nicely centered image. Which ASM has all this white nothing at the very centre of it?

See if you can guess first without looking them up....

45_LI.thumb.jpg.0f5ea4b6b969239e5eca76850be7f15f.jpg  45p.thumb.jpg.23f149a7b2f6e0478b1038aa83d48278.jpg

Unless I missed it, no one had a go. It was ASM #45. I just thought it was interesting how much of the centre of the cover had nothing on it.

Anyway, carry on.

Are you sure you don't mean some other book?

I'm not seeing it.  (shrug)

rXtmt7F.gif

No, it's the right book Ditch. I just took this...

45.thumb.jpg.3b9382a88f4d33171cad0dd60681d611.jpg

...blocked out everything in black - not precisely - apart from the area in the middle and got this:

45_LI.thumb.jpg.cf6bd7eed34bdb98261eeca7a3898460.jpg

The point was that it's odd for a book to have such a big bit of the cover centre image with nothing on it. And it was a chance for someone to try and guess which ASM it was. No big deal.

This explanation showed that it failed completely of course but you can't have everything can you.

Always fun to have to explain a bit of fun isn't it :p

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

The point was that it's odd for a book to have such a big bit of the cover centre image with nothing on it. And it was a chance for someone to try and guess which ASM it was.

Gotcha.  (thumbsu