• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resubmitting a 9.8 question

33 posts in this topic

What are the stats on people resubmitting a 9.8 only to have it come back 9.6 or lower? I'm thinking of cracking a 9.8 slab on a book to have Stan Lee sign it this coming Friday but worried it will come back lower grade even if lots of care is taken. The book I have is super rare in 9.8 right now but having Stan sign it would be so much better. I think the answer is just "it's a risk you take" :(

What are the stats on people resubmitting a 9.8 only to have it come back 9.6 or lower? I'm thinking of cracking a 9.8 slab on a book to have Stan Lee sign it this coming Friday but worried it will come back lower grade even if lots of care is taken. The book I have is super rare in 9.8 right now but having Stan sign it would be so much better. I think the answer is just "it's a risk you take" :(

Why don't you find a book you're comfortable having Stan sign?

I have other books I'm having him do but I'd really like to have him do this one book I already have graded. I'm just curious as to others experiences with doing this (I.e. I resubmitted a 9.8 and it came back 9.8 again, or it came back 9.6)

I have other books I'm having him do but I'd really like to have him do this one book I already have graded. I'm just curious as to others experiences with doing this (I.e. I resubmitted a 9.8 and it came back 9.8 again, or it came back 9.6)

Take a really good look at the book. If it looks like a solid 9.8 then go for it.

If it looks like a tweener then don't.

Why don't you find a book you're comfortable having Stan sign?

New avatar :luhv:

Ask yourself this question: Is a 9.8 Universal better than a 9.2 Signature?

If you believe the 9.8 Universal is better, then don't crack the book. It's not worth the possible drop in grade (which does happen often). Especially if it's the only 9.8 on the census.

If the 9.4 Signature is better, then crack it cause it's totally worth the very likely drop in grade. 2c