• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade Competition: Part 2, hosted by Nikos and UV

405 posts in this topic

ArAich

justiceleaguer

We need 2 more players for a team.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

1 more player.

ArAich

justiceleaguer

Zonker

Just put Supapimp down. I will pick him and will ignore his input just as I would if he were playing for real on my team, so it'll be the same as if he agreed to play in the first place. thumbsup2.gif

We might end up having someone in that is better than Supa crazy.gif

Supa is an excellent grader. He's just a whiny beeyatch who refuses to play in such reindeer games.

hi.gif Supa

Fine i will put down Supa. crazy.gif

Forget greggy then frown.gif

If Supa refuses then i will hold you responsible for the hold up. flowerred.gif

Now, i just need to think of a way that you are forced to choose Cal and Supa 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've never seen Greggy join one of these, but if he's willing and Supa is not, then add Greggy. makepoint.gif

I have PMd him but it just depends if he is up to it confused-smiley-013.gif

I haven't seen him on since the end of SD so he might be sleeping 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Count me in - thanx Redhook for putting me in this. If I am selected I will take the time to do a great job grading. Promise! hi.gif

CAL

It has been decided.

Teams will be done through a draft system.

Three groups will be randomly done and each team captain will choose one player from each.

There will be a random way in which the captains order is done.

Nothing more will be said on this matter.

mad.gif

i like the way you guys have listened to some input and then made a decision that you will stand by. also, you've been very flexible in allowing the number of teams to expand to meet the growing demand of those who are just tuning in. thumbsup2.gif

i think this is going to be a lot of fun and thank both of you for all your efforts so far 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

just don't release the order of the draft so some of us can retain our dignity.... grin.gif

and i'm going to make a prediction that someone/ones will be posting before long that if the team captains would just have listened to them, they would be in the lead..............before half dozen rounds.......... devil.gif

and i'm going to make a prediction that someone/ones will be posting before long that if the team captains would just have listened to them, they would be in the lead..............before half dozen rounds.......... devil.gif

So, like, we have to keep our own individual scores??? makepoint.gifdevil.gifforeheadslap.gif

It has been decided.

Three groups will be randomly done and each team captain will choose one player from each.

mad.gif

i like the way you guys have listened to some input and then made a decision that you will stand by. also, you've been very flexible in allowing the number of teams to expand to meet the growing demand of those who are just tuning in. thumbsup2.gif

i think this is going to be a lot of fun and thank both of you for all your efforts so far 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

just don't release the order of the draft so some of us can retain our dignity.... grin.gif

As a captain I can assure you that I will do everything in my power to compile the proposed grades from the team, enter them into a spreadsheet, run a customized grading averaging algorithm, compare the resultant value with the standard deviation values from our previous scores, make the appropriate age-adjustment, and subsequently submit my grade for the team. You in?? confused-smiley-013.gif

ArAich

justiceleaguer

We need 2 more players for a team.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

1 more player.

ArAich

justiceleaguer

Zonker

Just put Supapimp down. I will pick him and will ignore his input just as I would if he were playing for real on my team, so it'll be the same as if he agreed to play in the first place. thumbsup2.gif

We might end up having someone in that is better than Supa crazy.gif

Supa is an excellent grader. He's just a whiny beeyatch who refuses to play in such reindeer games.

hi.gif Supa

Fine i will put down Supa. crazy.gif

Forget greggy then frown.gif

If Supa refuses then i will hold you responsible for the hold up. flowerred.gif

Now, i just need to think of a way that you are forced to choose Cal and Supa 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've never seen Greggy join one of these, but if he's willing and Supa is not, then add Greggy. makepoint.gif

I have PMd him but it just depends if he is up to it confused-smiley-013.gif

I haven't seen him on since the end of SD so he might be sleeping 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just offer a DC 100 pager as one of the prizes and greggy will show up. cool.gif

Is the draft going to be this week?

Not Tuesday (tomorrow) I hope.

I'll be getting drilled at the dentist and when I come I'll probably feel like 893censored-thumb.gif, take a pain killer and hit the sack without going on-line tomorrow night.

Will there be a chance to get some questions clarified? Like:

1) Are any questions about the book/scan allowed (eg. is that a water mark? is that a scratch on the case or a crease on the cover?, etc.)? If so, will answers be made public to all teams?

2) Can a team change its grade prior to the closure of a round?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Will there be a chance to get some questions clarified? Like:

1) Are any questions about the book/scan allowed (eg. is that a water mark? is that a scratch on the case or a crease on the cover?, etc.)? If so, will answers be made public to all teams?

2) Can a team change its grade prior to the closure of a round?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Teams can ask questions in the thread that Nikos starts.

All question answers will be made public.

You can change your grade as many times as you want, but it must be before the closure time.

It has been decided.

mad.gif

So you are assigning people to three groups of 14 or 15, and each captain picks one from each group? I assume that the picking order will vary from round to round (meaning the same captain does not pick first all three rounds)?

Very interesting method of choosing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thats not a draft thats something diffrent then what were talking about a draft is where Captains take turns picking players all the way down the line thru the 3 rounds! To be honost Id rather it was random then divide the guys up into 3 random groups! A Draft is a draft all the way thru or just go random! Just my 3 cents worth.

Davidking623

It has been decided.

mad.gif

As a captain I can assure you that I will do everything in my power to compile the proposed grades from the team, enter them into a spreadsheet, run a customized grading averaging algorithm, compare the resultant value with the standard deviation values from our previous scores, make the appropriate age-adjustment, and subsequently submit my grade for the team. You in?? confused-smiley-013.gif

CHEATER!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

As a captain I can assure you that I will do everything in my power to compile the proposed grades from the team, enter them into a spreadsheet, run a customized grading averaging algorithm, compare the resultant value with the standard deviation values from our previous scores, make the appropriate age-adjustment, and subsequently submit my grade for the team. You in??

Hmm.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It has been decided.

mad.gif

So you are assigning people to three groups of 14 or 15, and each captain picks one from each group? I assume that the picking order will vary from round to round (meaning the same captain does not pick first all three rounds)?

Very interesting method of choosing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thats not a draft thats something diffrent then what were talking about a draft is where Captains take turns picking players all the way down the line thru the 3 rounds! To be honost Id rather it was random then divide the guys up into 3 random groups! A Draft is a draft all the way thru or just go random! Just my 3 cents worth.

Davidking623

Agreed. But it's their game their rules.