• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Two 9.4s?? Oh boy, here we go.. Wonder if, in the end, the DC census will actually catch the Marvel census after all? Not so long ago we all truly believed that GL 76 was somehow scarcer than it turned out to be too!

There`s either 2 9.4s and 1 9.2 (Brian`s copy), if the second 9.4 is the Toth copy upgraded, or 2 9.4s and 2 9.2s if it`s a completely new 9.4.

Two 9.4s?? Oh boy, here we go.. Wonder if, in the end, the DC census will actually catch the Marvel census after all? Not so long ago we all truly believed that GL 76 was somehow scarcer than it turned out to be too!

I hope there are more high grade copies out there! Been wanting to upgrade my copy.

My biggest regret is not picking up the 9.0 copy in the Heritage auction back in 2007 or so...I believe it sold for just north of $10k...also the 9.2 Toth copy a couple years later for $35k...now probably can't buy a 8.5 copy for $35k :tonofbricks:

Ther was an earlier 9.0 that sold on EBay for around 5K too. A few months before the Heritage copy. I thought the 10K was a good deal too.

It's already sold. I got a number that I am very, very happy with.

Here's the deal guys, although I could hang onto it and I'm sure it "might" appreciate, I'm just as happy with a 7.0 or whatever of this book.

I never feel the need to max all the way out on the book. Might it be a six figure book? Sure it might be. Was I very happy with how close I got to that. Sure am.

How long did you have the book before you sold it? No reason, just curious.

Depends on how you look at it. I had the book raw for a few weeks. After it was graded, I probably had it a few hours.

There were 7 possible buyers I had to call. I never made it past the first, who took the book with almost no negotiation.

There`s either 2 9.4s and 1 9.2 (Brian`s copy), if the second 9.4 is the Toth copy upgraded, or 2 9.4s and 2 9.2s if it`s a completely new 9.4.

I believe there are 2 9.4s and 2 9.2s now.

My 9.2 is a brand new book to market.

Depends on how you look at it. I had the book raw for a few weeks. After it was graded, I probably had it a few hours.

There were 7 possible buyers I had to call. I never made it past the first, who took the book with almost no negotiation.

Dang what % profit did you end up making? Just curious why the quick sale and if it was a reflection of a great initial purchase.

Dang what % profit did you end up making? Just curious why the quick sale and if it was a reflection of a great initial purchase.

While you're at it, why don't you ask for Brian's salary and social security number? (tsk)

Edited by tth2

So you think the new 9.4 copy is also new to market, and not an upgrade of another copy that was in the Census?

How does one get on that 'list' of possible buyers to call for future offerings of equivalent interest?

That means you sold it too cheap! :baiting:

Yeah, you may be right, but when you factor in auction fees, I'm not so sure. And I'm never in the "I have to max out category".

I had a buyer. That's why I sold it.

How does one get on that 'list' of possible buyers to call for future offerings of equivalent interest?

I know some of the collectors/dealers who would be interested in a book of this magnitude. It really just depends... most of the people who I know are people who have bought or traded or even sold me big books.

So you think the new 9.4 copy is also new to market, and not an upgrade of another copy that was in the Census?

Hard to say. I didn't know much about the old 9.2