• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I think it's a lighting issue, not color strike.

I'm not guessing. The scans are slightly different but that doesn't account for the colour differences. There is a colour contrast difference between the two books that stems from publishing.

Agree with Roy. Look at the 28's that are on Comic Link now. 2 have the dull colors and the rest have the bright colors.

I stand corrected; on my prior post I was looking off my mobile phone. But looking from my desktop the are clearly two color strikes and it seems the printer used a different ink color for what should be blue. Notice how in the 8.0 book all the blues are grey -- the "AMERICA", Manhunter's cape and boots, and WW's shorts; the described items in the 7.5 book are all blue.

Very cool.

Haha, I'm tempted to ask if you believe in global warming, cause you totally blew off my "scientific" explanation earlier....

You can't expect a bunch of numbnuts who compare books based purely on scans from different scanners to understand science. :gossip:

Your papers do seem to be in order. However, this is not the B&B 28 club thread hm

You weren't by any chance driving behind that armored truck that $170k fell out of the other day! You came into some amazing books there!

Ooh sorry officer Boba... Just a long time lurker that finally decided to join some clubs.... Move along, move along. (Jedi mind trick)

lolNot at all, post away, I'm not saying you shouldn't.

Besides the B&B 28 club thread was lost anyway. I had to search using Google to find it, not even the search here seemed to know where it was.

Great Book there (thumbs u I sold (my soul) a year or two back, and all I think about is getting another.

Haha. But even Vintage is buying the alternate cover theory too!

You're saying there are not two different colour schemes from the publisher?

Ya' know....in spite of all the press and movies and such......BB28 is STILL undervalued and underappreciated.

I'll prove it thusly:

Today was the first day in a long while that anyone joined or bumped the BB28 club. There hasn't been a single post in that dusty cob-web filled thread in deep time.

To boot even this thread has seen better days.

It took Mongkorn to shake it out of catatonia.

It seems like there's a never ending drove of folks with their Marvel keys. This key truly deserves a higher pedestal by now considering all that's transpired in the last few years.

Haha. But even Vintage is buying the alternate cover theory too!

You're saying there are not two different colour schemes from the publisher?

Absent any definitive record from Sparta or DC that there were two printings, yes, I'm saying that the color differences people are pointing to here are the result of different scanning setups and/or different ink levels on press that day. The light blue can shift easily by either of those issues from blue to grey and even a greenish tint.

Edited by aman619