• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Wonder if there's going to be any movement in the next few hours...

That bid hasn't budged since my prior post. Last minute price war or does someone walk away on the cheap?

17% over what a B&B 28 8.0 went for just 9 months ago is cheap? This hobby scares me at times.

It's just MHO, but I think the last 8.0 was a steal comparing it to the 45K sale for the 8.5 that sold about a year ago. The only prior recorded GPA sale for a non-pedigreed 8.0 universal was in 2008 for markedly less. Anyway, it's just one man's opinion. Carry on. :)

Ahh. Got you. But since there are 20 on the census at 8.0 and only 17 total at 8.5/9.0/9.2/9.4 I would expect a bit of a drop off between those grades. Again, just one man's opinion.

Yeah, different ways of looking at it for sure. All valid, but ultimately the market determines the FMV. :thumbsup:

Comics sold last night pictured below.

CGC 7.5 last GPA was 9-14 OW pages $13,700

CGC 7.5 OW/W pages sold last night on CC $20,500

CGC 8.0 last GPA was 3-14 CR/OW pages $19,200

CGC 8.0 OW/W pages sold last night Clink $25,350

Can someone explain the color loss on the 8.0? What happened to the blue and green colors? Is this a printing error or fading? It really stands out in AMERICA. One is blue and one is gray. Look at Comiclink and they currently have a 8.0 and 8.5. with same color differences.

Comiclink Brave & Bold 28's for sale

BampB75brightcolors_zps68c3834f.jpgBampB28dullcolors578x931497x800_zpsb947169f.jpg

Leroy, I think that book came with two different colour strikes from the publisher. One more blue, one more grey.

(thumbs u

I think it's the lighting on the scan.

Look at the white in the "7.5" box and contrast it with the white in the "8.0" box. The white in the "8.0" box is darker. I think it's a lighting issue, not color strike.

I think it's a lighting issue, not color strike.

I'm not guessing. The scans are slightly different but that doesn't account for the colour differences. There is a colour contrast difference between the two books that stems from publishing.

I think it's a lighting issue, not color strike.

I'm not guessing. The scans are slightly different but that doesn't account for the colour differences. There is a colour contrast difference between the two books that stems from publishing.

Agree with Roy. Look at the 28's that are on Comic Link now. 2 have the dull colors and the rest have the bright colors.

Lots of 28 here

As far as I know BB28 has two different color schemes - one more greyish and one more bluish.

This definitely sounds like it could devolve into: "Which one is more rare?" like Walking Dead #1 with the white or black printing.

I hadn't noticed it either, but now I'm going to have to check my copies...lol.

You can't judge by scans on Comiclink, or anywhere else... Too many variables from scanners, to their settings, to the amount of Photoshop cleaning they get. The difference between the 7.5 and the 8.0 here is the huge amount of yellow throughout the 8.0 scan.

The light blue sky is made of cyan and magenta dots. And smaller yellow dots. When the yellow plate is too strong, they get bigger and affect the blue appearance. The result is grayish because when C M and Y are equally printed the result is grey. Therefore the extra yellow pushed toward a grey appearance in the sky, and elsewhere.

Look at the restof the cover. See how the ground goes from orange/ peach to golden yellow? And Starro goes from bluish grey to green.

I'm sure it's evident to most folks, but it's pretty amazing that DC/WB has the following heroes on-screen in live action:

Constantine

Firestorm

Flash

Green Arrow

The Atom

To a lesser extent I guess "Batman" is also on television, but I don't count Gotham as being a true 'hero' show.

Not that I'm hating on Marvel, but they've got basically "Gotham-esque" shows on television that aren't showcasing their big names. It's cool that they do reference the larger Marvel universe and occassionally have crossovers to or cameos from the movies....but they aren't playing at the same level on television currently. I love both franchises, but I've gotta say I'm very impressed with the sudden and overwhelming presence of these three shows from DC/WB on different channels to boot. They've got NBC, CW and FOX wrapped up like a Christmas present. If someone doesn't watch one, they may be watching another on a different channel. If you want to get some Marvel love, you've got ABC as your only outlet right now.

Official scorecard:

DC/WB: +3

Marvel/Disney: +1

Plus DC/WB has other live action stuff in the works for television on CBS (Supergirl), TNT (Teen Titans), FOX (Lucifer)

If that happens you've got DC saturation of the market, leading up to multiple blockbuster movies.....

Someone certainly pushed the pedal to the metal on this project.