• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

This seems to still be there:

http://www.heronext.com/listings

I thought those prices were long gone... :popcorn:

42% over what the last one went for 4 months ago and you think the price is low? And the one that sold 4 months ago was an all time high? I think you have unreasonable expectations on the growth rate of comics.

For some reason I thought it was a 4.0. Must have changed the book since I was looking at the site 15 minutes ago ;)

But looking at the FMV prices that price doesn't seem to be buying any 3.5, so 3.0 is probably the best possible for that price. But you are still right of course.

Edited by AlexanderM

I decided to check out the graders' notes on it due to the lack of large high res scans from Clink as I was curious to see what was wrong with it. Now, I am not so sure it will hit the $5500 - $600 range. It is a nice looking copy, though.

Edited by kimik

I decided to check out the graders' notes on it due to the lack of large high res scans from Clink as I was curious to see what was wrong with it. Now, I am not so sure it will hit the $5500 - $600 range. It is a nice looking copy, though.

What's the issue with that slab identified in the notes?

So...any thoughts on where this one will land?

comic link - BB28 5.5 - linky link

I'll go out on a little bit of a limb and say $5500-$6k.

-J.

It could hit that high as well. I guess $1000 per grade point is not outrageous.

Makes sense until 5.0ish, after that it spikes.

Book seems to be hitting a lull post movie announcement and character pictures, but pre-trailers for the next Superman movie. I think there is still a bit of runway on books 4.0 and above that present well.

That said, I amount around $5-6kish as well for this sale.

What's the issue with that slab identified in the notes?

Hey, I had to pay for them. lol

incredible for demand for af15, hulk 1, daredevil 1 and sc 4 at megacon...virtually no demand for Bb 28 at this show ( a little disappointed)...

sold multiple copies of the others at well over "gpa" (but at fmv) and even offered to discount a bb 28 but no taker... hm

incredible for demand for af15, hulk 1, daredevil 1 and sc 4 at megacon...virtually no demand for Bb 28 at this show ( a little disappointed)...

sold multiple copies of the others at well over "gpa" (but at fmv) and even offered to discount a bb 28 but no taker... hm

Folks probably think they 'missed the boat' on the pricing or they still think there's deals to be found in them-thar hills.

I'm still on the prowl without getting my panties in a bunch about price. I have felt that this book for awhile is largely undervalued and apparently underloved.

Lots of Marvel hysteria, but methinks the tides of change are a'comin. I think there'll be alot of insanity relating to this title once more post BvS trailer and of course after that movie in preparation for JL1.

Folks probably think they 'missed the boat' on the pricing or they still think there's deals to be found in them-thar hills.

I'm still on the prowl without getting my panties in a bunch about price. I have felt that this book for awhile is largely undervalued and apparently underloved.

Lots of Marvel hysteria, but methinks the tides of change are a'comin. I think there'll be alot of insanity relating to this title once more post BvS trailer and of course after that movie in preparation for JL1.

+1. Great time to get an extra copy or two of BB28 before it gets out of control. All that demand for AF15, Hulk1, DD1 and SC4 is driven by current movies or TV or, in the case of Spidey, the Sony-Marvel movie arrangement. This is the calm before the storm for BB28.

As much as I think BB 28 is a major SA key, I am just not feeling the book :( So for those who are looking to buy a copy, now might be the best time..

Major key, undervalued, rare 8.0+, iconic cover, intro of a major s'hero team.

I love it. Wish I had a nice one in OW/W (or W !).

A book that cannot be discarded. :makepoint:

As much as I think BB 28 is a major SA key, I am just not feeling the book :( So for those who are looking to buy a copy, now might be the best time..

Just my personal preference :foryou:

Didn't Stan Lee got his idea forming the Avengers from the Justice League?

Didn't Stan Lee got his idea forming the Avengers from the Justice League?

:gossip:Fantastic Four. At least that's how the story goes.