• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certified Collectibles Group (CCG) Acquires Classics Incorporated
3 3

1,496 posts in this topic

CGC just paid to outsource resto check.

So it did not buy the pressing services?

This acquisition strengthens CCG’s commitment to promoting the comic collecting hobby and enhancing the collecting experience by offering a streamlined submission experience and a suite of services that is a win/win for both collectors and dealers. Customers who wish to send books to Classics Incorporated will be able to have them transfer directly to CGC for grading

CVA obviously pushed CGC to this point (as I suggested in the CVA thread). Why would CGC allow others to make $$ off of their hard work?

The question we need to be asking is if CGC secretly had a hand in the whole CVA "experiment". Thus setting CGC up for an "easier" transition to making books prettier. Does the CVA debacle soften the blow of this announcment from CGC? hm

This thread will be 100 pages long by Sunday.

it's a shame it's the middle of the night in the UK. please alert me to the arrival of FT in this thread, should be epic.

oh, he's already here. the voice of reason has arrived.

Edited by paperheart

CVA obviously pushed CGC to this point (as I suggested in the CVA thread). Why would CGC allow others to make $$ off of their hard work?

The question we need to be asking is if CGC secretly had a hand in the whole CVA "experiment". Thus setting CGC up for an "easier" transition to making books prettier. Does the CVA debacle soften the blow of this announcment from CGC? hm

This has nothing to do with CVA...and everything to do with PCS.

And attempt #3 to get us to swallow it. :facepalm:

This thread will be 100 pages long by Sunday.

it's a shame it's the middle of the night in the UK. please alert me to the arrival of FT in this thread, should be epic.

oh, he's already here. the voice of reason has arrived.

He's at the top of the page.^

CGC will now offer restoration services then the books go straight to slabbing. That's what I picked up from the link. Time to dump some graded books

please pm me any timelys, early fox books or raboy covers ur looking to dump. thanks.

Yep. And I bet it works this time.

Nick, half the members here already swallowed it to the sack. The PGM for instance, "can I press this", "you should press that". I still collect for fun, but half the boards are flippers. CGC is smart to grab that cash, their reputation is already krap being turnaround times are 6 mos. and counting.