• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What The ?

95 posts in this topic

I honestly think the guy took the high res scan from Heritage, took it to his local Kinkos or Staples and printed it out 11x17.

The logo, etc. don't appear to be paste-ups, although with his pics, it's hard to tell.

The fact that he has answered absolutely 0 questions about the item (from what I can tell) should say enough.

Either way, this is now up to $695, and somebody's going to be pissed.

I hope theMightyJohn is yanking this guys chain or someone is being duped!

I have still had no response from my initial message to:

http://myworld.ebay.com/christianhoward3991?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I was only joking when I said had Richard Rae emigrated to the UK, now i'm fearing the worst ! :)

I have followed up my original message to him with another, lets see if that gets answered !

I wonder if eBay and Pay Pal's "Buyer Protection" would cover the buyer if they feel the product was either counterfeit (yes, if it's an unlicensed / unauthorized reproduction of licensed material, call it a "print" if that makes a person sleep better at night, it's still just as illegal as a fake Gucci handbag, a DVD burn of a movie or a copy of a CD).

Even if a seller has a "no returns" policy, if the basis of what they're selling is illegitimate, I think the buyer has a decent and reasonable expectation for recourse based on a transaction for or of illegal merchandise.

eBay is notorious for protecting buyers even when the seller is right, so I'd not worry too much for the future buyer if they're at the least bit educated on the process and are hopefully keen enough to, when receiving the product identify what they have in front of them, if original artwork, licensed collectible, or counterfeit garbage.

Caveat emptor!

I honestly think the guy took the high res scan from Heritage, took it to his local Kinkos or Staples and printed it out 11x17.

The logo, etc. don't appear to be paste-ups, although with his pics, it's hard to tell.

The fact that he has answered absolutely 0 questions about the item (from what I can tell) should say enough.

Either way, this is now up to $695, and somebody's going to be pissed.

Protected against what?

The seller states it's a "print" in the very first sentence of the description. Somebody's going to get screwed out of some money, and I don't think it'll be the seller (unfortunately).

I highly doubt eBay or PayPal will wade into the waters of making the call of whether the copy of an original piece of art is authorized or not, especially since the seller states exactly what it is in the first sentence (although, admittedly, the rest of the description is misleading).

People can technically register by the address they furnish eBay but reside in another, so it could be this person may in fact be in the USA and fulfill out of the USA as well. Also, someone else can register, give another person their ID and Password to manage, I've heard of banned sellers opening up new accounts this way before, either using friends or family.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a US seller.

And why won't he ship to his own country (England) ?

it states he'll only ship to the US,

Odd!