• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What The ?

95 posts in this topic

Hey Roy! You mean christianhoward3991, not me. Right?

Don't want anyone thinking Corporal Beevers is a deadbeat. ;)

Yeah, christianhoward3991.

Sorry, :foryou:

...but I would think they may have a problem with someone stating on a message board their intent to create a false id and bid up an item with the intention of not paying for it.

I do appreciate what you're saying.

Okay thanks. I am glad I did not come off too harsh or like chicken little.

Take care Drew. You too Beevers!

you can't neg the seller if you didn't pay

Really? I can see this being the case if paypal was the only method accepted and the ebay system could prevent a winning bidder from leaving feedback unless the payment were made(I can't say I've ever tried to do this before).

Didn't the auction description and the seller say that they also accepted "Bitcoin" or something like that? Would be a shame if there was no way to ding the seller's FB.

I have seen some people leave positive FB for bidders with negative comments- since seller's can no longer leave negative FB. Of course people would have to actually read the comments to notice.

All I was saying is that it's too bad there isn't some way to warn future bidders against this guy who's obviously hoping to rip off an uninformed or inexperienced collector. Clearly not everyone who bids on art on ebay reads this message board. Corporal Beevers may have negated the first attempt, but the seller has relisted it again and can continue to do so until he wins that lottery.

And to be clear- I didn't bid on the auction.

ebay is stacked against the seller as it is, but it makes no senses the buyers who don't pay are able to Neg a seller. Zero sense. What exactly are you complaining about? You didn't pay.

Malvin

He's now sold his fake cover at least twice (not counting the sale to corporal_beevers).

Two people burned. Left negs:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=christianhoward3991&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

McFarlane's art has zero appeal for me, but even so - someone thinking they've bought a McBatman cover for $100 or $205 has got to be thinking more than a little wishfully, no?

He's now sold his fake cover at least twice (not counting the sale to corporal_beevers).

Two people burned. Left negs:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=christianhoward3991&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

McFarlane's art has zero appeal for me, but even so - someone thinking they've bought a McBatman cover for $100 or $205 has got to be thinking more than a little wishfully, no?

I'm guessing that the buyer knew it was a fraud and won the auction so they could leave negative FB and expose the seller (and get their $ back in the process due to the listing breaking ebays rules)

At least that's what I hope went down. The other possible explanations are a bit scarier.

Makes sense. (thumbs u