• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official What Did you win on Comic Connect thread!

237 posts in this topic

the tec 29 went for a strong price considering a similar graded copy (i think) sold on comiclink a month or two ago for somewhere around 17500. also, i thought this tec 31 was nicer than the one that comiclink sold a month ago for 38k.

The sale of the 29 on Comiclink will be called an anomaly by any dealer you ask.

the tec 29 went for a strong price considering a similar graded copy (i think) sold on comiclink a month or two ago for somewhere around 17500. also, i thought this tec 31 was nicer than the one that comiclink sold a month ago for 38k.

The sale of the 29 on Comiclink will be called an anomaly by any dealer you ask.

That 29 went for 19k, which was relatively cheap. It sold on Comiclink the same weekend as the Schmell/Heritage auction. I'm guessing that the Heritage auction may have factored into the wish for a quick sale.

Anyone get any of the 'tecs? The 36 was awesome. Lots of nice Joker books too.

Was the underbidder on 31 :sorry:

Really? You fought the upward pricing for so long. Have you finally given in? :baiting:

It's bonus time and was a good year so I thought let me take my best shot. The wait continues. If the prices keep going up like this, I might have to give serious thought at selling my run

Really? You fought the upward pricing for so long. Have you finally given in? :baiting:

It's bonus time and was a good year so I thought let me take my best shot. The wait continues. If the prices keep going up like this, I might have to give serious thought at selling my run

Again?

Why all the disdain for dealers?

I just looked at it. The #29 is a very nice, clean copy for the grade. Of course it should sell for more.

(shrug)

Why all the disdain for dealers?

I just looked at it. The #29 is a very nice, clean copy for the grade. Of course it should sell for more.

(shrug)

the comic connect 29 was a visibly superior copy to the 19K copy that sold on clink...eye appeal always plays into the sales price

I bid 24K, I Think, so I certainly valued it in that range...

why do folks try to point to one or two sales to establish "value"... you have to understand and watch the market over time to really get a feel... you have to know that not all 3.5's are the same...you have to deal with folks week in and week out to understand purchase motivations, timing of purchases, venues, etc...

heck, the 31 was a great looking 4.0 too...I was a bidder to 33 (which I thought was full market)... maybe the 38K copy was pressable (shrug) ...

heck, the 31 was a great looking 4.0 too...I was a bidder to 33 (which I thought was full market)... maybe the 38K copy was pressable (shrug) ...

It definitely looked nicer than the assigned grade.

I agree with all of you. I think I paid too much attention to a direct sale comparison...and not enough to eye appeal.

Something that many people are not factoring into final selling prices are exit costs.

When a long time collector buys a book, they're not looking to get out of it any time soon. They pay what they feel is fair and enjoy the book.

When a non-collector, or a collector/dealer/investor are looking to get into a book they're factoring in exit cost. They pay what they think is a good investment and enjoy that investment. I don't think people used to factor in exit costs.

That relatively new market dynamic is what's creating all of the volatility in the market IMO as it creates another set of market forces.

It definitely looked nicer than the assigned grade.

My former copy and yes it looks much better than the assigned grade. The precious Tec 31 4.0 that sold for about $38k had tape on the interior I believe. So, I think that the one ended on CC sold for a reasonable price

just settle for a beat up, pee stained 5.0 copy lol. Seriously, a cheaper 3.0 copy won't do?