• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan Barbarian # 1 Pence Variant: Rarity is an understatement

188 posts in this topic

I'll attempt to remain civil, although clearly that's not something you're inclined to do.

There is not one single scrap of evidence to support the existence of a pence copy Conan #1. Even the UK Guide denies that it exists.

Yet those people who go along with this are part of a 'conspiracy'? Pardon?

So far, your only 'evidence' that it does exist is your opinion. You have produced no information, named no sources, and have simply stamped your feet and flounced around.

You are either on a wind-up or a shill...or a shill on a wind-up. :/

Right back at u. Your words dont carry any weight, and words are cheap and to the blatant extent of ignoring official printed evidence, how can a few voices deny what has been confirmed officially.Those people i spoke to i do not know them well as its mostly on a travel acquaintance basis many years ago.

And hurling personal insults only goes to show what kind of character u really are. (tsk) (tsk)

how can a few voices deny what has been confirmed officially.

When was it confirmed?

By whom?

Where's your evidence?

What is your proof?

Not speculation, not heresay, not "some guy I bumped into years ago" said it exists.

We need proof. We need evidence

You understand that correct?

Really i would like to be proven wrong with clear cut hard evidence, so i can feel psychologically satisfied with all the cents copies i have. But it bothers me greatly as a collector because deep down i am sold on the offcially printed and reported facts that pence copies of this issue were printed and sighted. So far all the arguments against its existence are mere group rationalized conjectures on the premise that they have not seen it nor can find any images/info of it on the net. i propose to the unbelieving parties to attempt a similar net search on some of the older bronze/late silver pence and see if u can find info that confirm their very existence.

Really i would like to be proven wrong with clear cut hard evidence, so i can feel psychologically satisfied with all the cents copies i have. But it bothers me greatly as a collector because deep down i am sold on the offcially printed and reported facts that pence copies of this issue were printed and sighted. So far all the arguments against its existence are mere group rationalized conjectures on the premise that they have not seen it nor can find any images/info of it on the net. i propose to the unbelieving parties to attempt a similar net search on some of the older bronze/late silver pence and see if u can find info that confirm their very existence.

So what your saying is that you don't know for sure? (shrug)

When was it confirmed?

By whom?

Where's your evidence?

What is your proof?

Not speculation, not heresay, not "some guy I bumped into years ago" said it exists.

I think its u who don't understand still. :frustrated:

So what your saying is that you don't know for sure? (shrug)

No, on the contrary i would tend to accept its existence with a ratio of belief 80 to 20.

Hey everybody, just ignore this guy. He's only here to wind people up, if he actually had any interest in finding the comic he supposedly believes to exist then he'd just get on with trying to prove it instead of recycling the same few lines and hoping for a response.

The more people humour him, the more he keeps repeating himself. He's just trying to wind up.

I'll attempt to remain civil, although clearly that's not something you're inclined to do.

There is not one single scrap of evidence to support the existence of a pence copy Conan #1. Even the UK Guide denies that it exists.

Yet those people who go along with this are part of a 'conspiracy'? Pardon?

So far, your only 'evidence' that it does exist is your opinion. You have produced no information, named no sources, and have simply stamped your feet and flounced around.

You are either on a wind-up or a shill...or a shill on a wind-up. :/

Right back at u. Your words dont carry any weight, and words are cheap and to the blatant extent of ignoring official printed evidence, how can a few voices deny what has been confirmed officially.Those people i spoke to i do not know them well as its mostly on a travel acquaintance basis many years ago.

And hurling personal insults only goes to show what kind of character u really are. (tsk) (tsk)

I'm afraid that the 'official evidence' confirms that Conan #1 does not exist as a pre-printed pence copy.

It's there, in plain English.

Why are you having difficulty in understanding this? :facepalm:

When was it confirmed?

By whom?

Where's your evidence?

What is your proof?

:popcorn:

The 1997-98 edition of McAlpine's book states that Conan #1 was LD - limited distribution - in the UK. Doesn't say anything about pence or cents copies.

It also says that #2 & #3 were Non Distributed in the UK.

The 1997-98 edition of McAlpine's book states that Conan #1 was LD - limited distribution - in the UK. Doesn't say anything about pence or cents copies.

It also says that #2 & #3 were Non Distributed in the UK.

Duncan's current online Guide has the expanded explanation, which Kevin quoted earlier.

When was it confirmed?

By whom?

Where's your evidence?

What is your proof?

I think its u who don't understand still. :frustrated:

It's not me who's having issues with the concept of tangible proof, my friend.