• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan Barbarian # 1 Pence Variant: Rarity is an understatement

188 posts in this topic

I'd like to think it does exist because I would love to have one.

I can say that my purpose in starting this thread is to bait it out from someone who has it and make an offer that can't be refused, though doubtful that any owners of this surviving utra rarity would be a part of the cgc community. I am willing to pay thouands for even a decent mid low grade.

ps i would like to believe otherwise too, really i do, so that i can walk away with that psychological satisfaction that i already have it all and then some.

I'd like to think it does exist because I would love to have one.

I can say that my purpose in starting this thread is to bait it out from someone who has it and make an offer that can't be refused, though doubtful that any owners of this surviving utra rarity would be a part of the cgc community. I am willing to pay thouands for even a decent mid low grade.

ps i would like to believe otherwise too, really i do, so that i can walk away with that psychological satisfaction that i already have it all and then some.

Well, you asked for opinions and experiences regarding a pence Conan # 1 and you didn't like the answers from us collectors and dealers from the UK with the most likelihood on the boards of having such knowledge so you then accused us of ganging up and having an agenda to keep it hidden. I'd love to hear what possible motivation you think we have of keeping the existence of the book undercover, do you think we formed a secret society to quash the rumours? lol

If you want to prove the existence of it then have at it (random images don't count as proof as they can be photoshopped) but please refrain from accusing us of conspiracies, it just makes you look like a nutter.

BTW, if this book really existed then at least one person who owned it would've figured out that it would be worth a lot of money and bought it out by now.

Actually, I thought this thread was giving me déjà vu. It seems that threads about Conan # 1 rumours which are impossible to disprove are your speciality. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5220226&fpart=1

Was it the same people that told you about the pence copies that also told you about the reprints? (shrug)

BTW, if this book really existed then at least one person who owned ot would've figured out that it would be worth a lot of money and bought it out by now.

Not really.

Well this guy says that he's had multiple people who have confirmed the existence of this book to him so for that, it must've been significantly in circulation at one point. Are we to believe that it's suddenly gone out of circulation without any proof of it's existence?

I have no idea, but saying that if it did exist someone would have produced one is not accurate. For all we know, there could be a pallet of them sitting in a warehouse. Or not.

Fair enough. I'm just working off of the OP's statement that these issues were apparently in circulation as they had been confirmed to exist (though only to him) by both collectors and dealers.

Actually, I thought this thread was giving me déjà vu. It seems that threads about Conan # 1 rumours which are impossible to disprove are your speciality. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5220226&fpart=1

Was it the same people that told you about the pence copies that also told you about the reprints? (shrug)

lol

Reading his threads is like watching "Doomsday Preppers", just substitute Conan the Barbarian for Armageddon!

Out of curiousity, did places like bermuda get pence copies or theAamerican copiies. I remember being in St George in 1975 when they were putting out that weeks new comics and they were all about two issues behind the NY stands.

Only one I bought was a Human Torch reprint I'd missed on the NY stands.

Someone needs to pm Fingh and have him chime in. If its a BA book and Fingh hasn't seen it, I don't believe it exists!

I thought Fingh is a Copper expert?

I don't consider myself an expert on anything comics related. But I have owned more Bronze comics than Copper comics. I have never seen or owned a pence copy Conan #1. My two favorite pence copy books are an AA 11 (1st Beast) and a Strange Tales 101. Both bought from F_T.

PS: If F_T or Goldie opine, please pay attention.

Someone needs to pm Fingh and have him chime in. If its a BA book and Fingh hasn't seen it, I don't believe it exists!

I thought Fingh is a Copper expert?

I don't consider myself an expert on anything comics related. But I have owned more Bronze comics than Copper comics. I have never seen or owned a pence copy Conan #1. My two favorite pence copy books are an AA 11 (1st Beast) and a Strange Tales 101. Both bought from F_T.

PS: If F_T or Goldie opine, please pay attention.

Thats good enough for me!

If Sean doesn't have a SS pence copy Conan #1, it doesn't exist (thumbs u

:o

doh!

:censored:

:fear:

Vault showed me an early pence spider-man seven or eight years ago, it had been restored, or shoud I say altered to make it look like a cents copy. Maybe someone did the same thing to a cents copy??

That's bizarre though I can understand why some people would do it with pence copies selling for less than cents copies.

Which is another reason why it makes no sense to keep a Conan #1 pence copy hidden - doesn't matter how rare it would be it still wouldn't sell for as much as a cents copy.

:o

doh!

:censored:

:fear:

lol

Vault showed me an early pence spider-man seven or eight years ago, it had been restored, or shoud I say altered to make it look like a cents copy. Maybe someone did the same thing to a cents copy??

I remember seeing a picture of that copy. I seem to remember that it was a # 10, is that right?