• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the one book you miss ever letting go?
1 1

109 posts in this topic

Sold a Punisher Limited #1, 9.8, signature Zeck & Beatty on eBay for $330.00 in Aug 2010.....Regret that sale to this day.... :(

Luckily, it's not hard for me to replace.....just a matter of putting the money aside for a copy....

So many regrets, but these two stand out as they are really rare(especially the Science 2).

622528-wonderworld.jpg

lfCA0OC2MK.jpg

I'm pretty sure the Science has been resubbed and has gone for much bigger bucks than I paid for it. Oh, well.

When I was in the Navy (back in the late 80's/early 90's), my sister sold a bunch of my comics. The ones I know for a fact, and a bunch I don't know for sure, included Silver Surfer 1 and 8, Capt Marvel 3, Iron Man 1, and some others.

The one that really pissed me off was IMSM 1. That one was in a high grade gorgeous shape. It was definitely a 9.2/9.4 candidate. I bought another copy of it a few years ago, but, it is not even close to the condition of the one that I had. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Cal owns it now.

several:

1. Iron Man number 1 waaaay back in 1983. Guide in Mint was 40.00 and the copy I had was spectacular and looked never read untouched. I sold it to a local comic shop owner who *had* to have it and offered me 50 bucks for it. 10 dollars over guide??? I will take it! The book now resides in a CGC 9.9 white pages slab.

2. Hulk #1 cgc 1.5 blue label. Possibly the nicest Hulk 1 in grade I have ever seen.

3. Crime Suspenstories 22. Sold it at the last Calgary comic con. Why do I regret it? Because at the time I thought " I can always get another one." Suddenly it seems the book has quadrupled in value.

When I sold all the stock from my comic book shop in 1996, I sold all my personal books, too - which included the sale of these two:

8256207956_886d2a6beb_c.jpg

8255137937_1b40829fe1_c.jpg

A UXM 94 signed by Chris Claremont in 1993 when I met him at an Aurora shopping mall comic shop while I was away at college and my X-Men #1, which is in about Good condition, but it was my first big "grail" comic I ever had.

I always regretted selling them because they were my favorite conversation pieces in my comic shop, and I took a lot of pride in owning them. The disappointment really set in when i got back into comics in 2008 and I found myself missing them more than ever.

However, in a fortunate turn of events, I ran into the guy who bought my books 16 years ago - and he still had them, stacked in his basement, in the same boxes I sold them to him in. (He has tens of thousands of comics). He agreed to sell them back to me - and now they are back on my wall, just like I had them in the old comic shop.

No particular order.....but I miss my FF 1, my Venus 18, my Yellow Claw 3, and my TOS 50 (Northland).......GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

So many regrets, but these two stand out as they are really rare(especially the Science 2).

622528-wonderworld.jpg

If you sold this on ebay back in the early-mid 2000s, I was the buyer. Cracked it out, kept it for a while and eventually sold it maybe four years ago - I think on the boards.

even with the tape on the interior, I felt it was undergraded at 1.8, it had the eye-appeal of a VG+ copy.