• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics worth re-reading on a regular basis

57 posts in this topic

FF51Jun66F.jpg

Never read it. I really have to get some Masterworks. The wifey begs me for Christmas lists every year, this would do!!!!

It would certainly do. If one ever wishes to sample what is meant by Lee and Kirby in the Silver Age, this little moral tale does much to illustrate their understanding of sacrifice and heroism. It was a simpler world in 1966.

The splash page stuck with me for decades after first seeing it as a kid.

FF51p1-1.jpg

Just talking with my LCS friend today about how significant the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine limited series was for the development of those two characters. I re-read that at least once every two years.

Infinity Gauntlet

Y: The Last Man (whole thing)

Silver Surfer (first 25 issues or so - original series)

Gaunlet is worth re-reading I agree but by the time they get to Infinity War its dreck I think.

Just talking with my LCS friend today about how significant the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine limited series was for the development of those two characters. I re-read that at least once every two years.

I have those from the quarter bins. Haven't read them in years, but maybe it is time.

Keep 'em coming! I may not need new comics ever again!

What else?

Ditto for Xenozoic Tales and most of what's been mentioned.

Some other favorite re-reads...

Cosmic Odyssey (Starlin w/ Mignola art)

Solar 1 - 10

Superman: Exile tpb

Identity Crisis

Superman Annual #11

The Spectre (Ostrander and Mandrake, entire series run)

Oh, and honorable mention to JSA (1999–2006). Haven't re-read it yet, but it was surprisingly well written and arguably one of the best 'Team' series to date.

Here are 2 more gems that I've re-read too many times to count. They are from my childhood and you can find them in the cheap boxes at your LCS. ;)

Thor #385 BEST HULK vs. THOR FIGHT EVER!! Trust me. Go read it.

thor_3851.jpg

Daredevil #249 Great story here too. It helped teach me what the X-Men was really about as a kid.

It's Daredevil vs. Wolverine over how to deal with a serial killer/mercenary murdering mutants.

DaredevilV1_249-002.jpg

This page with the ballerina really got to me when I was reading it as a kid. It's an awesome image. The next page then has Wolverine say "because you killed her" as he cuts DD with his claws and then chases after the killer. He puts her death on DD because DD had stopped Wolverine from killing the mercenary earlier in the issue saying he deserved a trial, and while they arguing the girl was killed.

DaredevilV1_249-171.jpg

Just about all of the EC Horror, Crime, War and Science Fiction books.

Fixed that for you. I've just re-read all of Frontline Combat. Great stuff from go to whoa.

While I'm here, Carl Barks 1947-1955 is pretty much all win.

Just about all of the EC Horror, Crime, War and Science Fiction books.

Good choice. I reread my EC Library collection every few years.

There are a few series I like to re-read every few years.

From Hell (Especially the annotations)

Watchmen

Sandman

And I'll probably re-read The Walking dead in its entirety over the Xmas holls, see if it still holds up.

Y The Last Man

Lucifer

DMZ

Walking Dead 19 - 48

Transmetropolitan

Sin City (all)

Preacher

Scalped

100 Bullets