• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here bought books from Flatrock ( Mike )

28 posts in this topic

This is a touchy subject, but here it is. About three weeks ago, I made a trek with my wife up to Mike's house on the Wisconsin border to look at the books he had left. About a 2-1/2 hour trip one way for me and Mrs.X.

I had been in contact with Pauline and I told her I would take a look at the books and see what I could sell for her. She had no knowledge of the books so I figured I could help.

Anyway, the books were really disorganized and much of it was newer stuff that I did not think was sellable and would probably be better off donated. After a couple of hours of sorting through boxes and looking, I left with roughly three long boxes of very low grade older books. That was it.

There was a small desk in the basement where it looked like Mike ran his e-bay sales and board sales. Next to the desk was piles of papers and books all mixed in. I didn't want to appear nosey but I noticed names on the lists of fellow boardies. Under the names were lists of books.

So to get to the point, I figured that many of these books could possibly belong to other boardies from sales threads that Mike never got around to sending. Possibly from Mike being ill, or just letting stacks of stuff accumulate for people. Either way, I wanted to try and get these books back to the owners.

It ends up that so far, many of these books were from sales on e-bay, and the boards. Some from over a year ago.

Anyway, I have already shipped out around two hundred and twenty books to members who contacted me with lists of books they never recieved, or from collections they had purchased with Mike. I have another box ( one of three ) going up to Canada this week. These are all top notch members of the boards who buy and sell regularly on here.

These board members are glad that they got they're stuff and I was more than happy to box and ship the books. Pauline already knows all of this and I believe is sorting out some Fantastic Fours that I actually forgot to take. Those also may be someones books from a previous thread. I don't know. If the F.F.'s ring a bell, you should contact her and see if she can ship them.

So whats the point of this thread. If any of you have books that you never recieved and paid for, contact me and I will check if I have them here and make sure you get your books. There's probably 50 or so low grade Dells left and some early D.C. and other mixed stuff. I also have a box ( that I took by mistake instead of the F.F.s ) of Spawn, Sandman, Batmans, Detectives. Newer stuff.

Quite nice of you to help sort things out.

Thanks, it really was a mess sorting this stuff out but I really didn't mind it. I hope if there's more people out there that did not get they're stuff, they send me a list and I have it.

I'll probably just let this stuff sit until I'm sure it don't belong to anyone.

Tim, you've stepped into a mess and you've done your best to sort things out. Thanks so much for reuniting us with our books.

Your other box will be in the mail in a day or so. It's ready to go.

I had no idea he had sold so many books here...but I know those here are very appreciative of your efforts...kudos to you sir.

Yeah, Mike had huge sales threads. He was great to deal with, totally honest, and was a master of selling stuff you needed to fill holes in runs. And he'd keep your tastes in mind, and contact you whenever he got new collections with stuff you might want.

I had no idea he had sold so many books here...but I know those here are very appreciative of your efforts...kudos to you sir.

Yeah, Mike had huge sales threads. He was great to deal with, totally honest, and was a master of selling stuff you needed to fill holes in runs. And he'd keep your tastes in mind, and contact you whenever he got new collections with stuff you might want.

Yeah, he PMed me when he found a copy of Little Dot 4. He knew I had an interest in Harvey comics and wanted to know if I thought it was a hard to find book. I ended up buying it from him. He was great to deal with.