• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,750 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2022 at 12:57 PM, NP_Gresham said:

The hero movie may have been done and over-done.

The wider audience is drifting away by some counts and the 'fan-boy' interest is following the rule of 25 and melting away like the over-done re-boots at Marvel.

The comic books themselves have been losing interest for years. It is like boxing, you make your product too high end with Pay-per-view and endless variant covers and you gain in the short term with deep pocketed fans paying out, but you kill the wider audience.

Rule of 25?

On 1/20/2022 at 9:57 AM, NP_Gresham said:

The wider audience is drifting away by some counts and the 'fan-boy' interest is following the rule of 25 and melting away like the over-done re-boots at Marvel.

The comic books themselves have been losing interest for years. It is like boxing, you make your product too high end with Pay-per-view and endless variant covers and you gain in the short term with deep pocketed fans paying out, but you kill the wider audience.

MCU is keeping existing fans invested, not necessarily gaining new ones per say

On 1/21/2022 at 4:57 AM, NP_Gresham said:

Moonknight certainly is a different angle on things.   It looks like a lot of fun.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, littledoom said:

A buying spree of Marvel Feature 1 is hot on eBay .. Dr Strange may lead a Defenders team in Multiverse of Madness 

I am banking on that, Defenders 1 and Two Roy Thomas Sig Series Marvel Feature 1's in the collection. Had that in the back of my mind once they bring Sub-Mariner into the MCU.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:53 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

This same exact copy sold on Heritage for $1,020.  Somebody decided to flip it and actually managed to get a couple hundred bucks even after ComicLink takes its cut.

I'll just say it's a book I'm actively hunting, and I stayed away both times.  At those prices, the miswrap is a real problem.

That doesn't look right...

Screenshot_20220120-222346_Chrome.jpg

On 1/21/2022 at 12:29 PM, rexinnih said:
On 1/21/2022 at 5:52 AM, littledoom said:

A buying spree of Marvel Feature 1 is hot on eBay .. Dr Strange may lead a Defenders team in Multiverse of Madness 

I am banking on that, Defenders 1 and Two Roy Thomas Sig Series Marvel Feature 1's in the collection. Had that in the back of my mind once they bring Sub-Mariner into the MCU.

Get your TTA 70's then, there seems to be a growing appreciation for this book.

image.thumb.png.7a8c60d8ab253c8c25e08efed846c35d.png

On 1/21/2022 at 8:54 AM, batmiesta said:

I'm no expert on the subject, but that looks like a bad pressing job.

I wonder if some SCS might be at play as well. It'd be interesting to see closer if there is damage at the staples post-slabbing, or as you say a bad press pre-slabbing. 

On 1/20/2022 at 9:57 AM, NP_Gresham said:

NP . . . Is that really you saying that??? hm Where is the real NP_G? :roflmao:

On 1/21/2022 at 5:45 AM, 1Cool said:
On 1/20/2022 at 10:33 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Rule of 25?

Basics of the rule is everything gets hot again after 25 years since the kids 25 years ago are making peak dollars and want to bring back or collect things from their childhood.  It's a rough rule but it does seem to hold up pretty well especially in terms of collectibles.

When quoting the "Rule of 25" you have to give The Donut a footnote. :sumo:

On 1/24/2022 at 11:39 PM, vaillant said:

Huh? Have you never read Dr. Strange since the 1980s?

To be honest with you, I have never read Dr Strange ever, I liked him in the Defenders but as a stand alone character I was not interested. 

On 1/24/2022 at 8:56 PM, batmiesta said:

To be honest with you, I have never read Dr Strange ever, I liked him in the Defenders but as a stand alone character I was not interested. 

by the mystic moon of muinpoor I compel you to rintrah the fugg out!