• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Not to play the race card, but I think Black Lightning has a much better shot to break through than Goliath, if he gets featured in the Flash/Arrow series

Bill Foster / Black Goliath was the 1st superhero casualty in Civil War, and if the movie remotely follows the storyline, dig out those Power Man 24s

Right now the Lyria Bronze Age Home Page is lit up with copies of Black Panther #1 going lady gaga!

Here is an example. A copy in NM already @ $80 & 36 watchers! :ohnoez:

Another example of a CGC 9.6 copy currently fetching $128 and 39 watchers! Wow. It's just unreal. I mean, we know this is going to happen but each time it does it just boggles my mind.

Edited by whetteon

Not to play the race card, but I think Black Lightning has a much better shot to break through than Goliath, if he gets featured in the Flash/Arrow series

Bill Foster / Black Goliath was the 1st superhero casualty in Civil War, and if the movie remotely follows the storyline, dig out those Power Man 24s

Please dig them out and sell. I"ve been hunting PM 24's for a year and have only bought 2 high grade raws. There are no high grade copies for sale on all of the normal venues.

SHHHHHHH!!! I haven't found a raw 9.8 candidate yet.

Watch Tony Isabella's head explode if that happens... :pullhair:

Catchy tunes from the freak, though.

Not what I have heard so far. And not that it matters to me, given her poorness both artistically and morally speaking.

Elaborate

Somewhere else please. :sumo:

Catchy tunes from the freak, though.

Not what I have heard so far. And not that it matters to me, given her poorness both artistically and morally speaking.

Elaborate

I find her theatrics superfluous and serve only to distract people from her subpar music. However, it worked for Kiss so I guess it can work for her too.

#1s in general are getting lots of love even if not a 1st appearance. Why is Doctor Strange 1 and Black Panther 1 so hot right now? Both of them are not anywhere near the first appearances of those characters. Seems like if it's #1, it's gold.

Hmm, not sure...really?

Well, nothing is 100% of course. However, why should Doctor Strange 1 and Black Panther 1 get hot if not for the fact that they are # 1 issues? We're seeing the same thing with Inhumans 1. None of these are first appearances (not even close) and yet they are in high demand right now.

Nobody seems to want Black Goliath # 1. However, if he's put in a movie then BOING! BG 1 isn't a first appearance either. However, it's a # 1 and would blow up if a movie came into play. When people pony up BIG bucks for 2nd appearances (think Rocket Raccoon and Black Adam) nothing surprises me anymore.

Sometimes (most times) it has to do with finances. I don't have hundreds or thousands to spend on high-end keys, so why not a nice copy of an affordable #1 or 2nd appearance? The IH 271 Rocket Raccoon is awful looking in my opinion, so I'd rather have a Rocket Raccoon #1 that looks more like the movie character (speculation?) than the IH 271 version. I can also get a nice copy of Doctor Strange #1 or Black Panther #1 waaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than an ST 110 or Fantastic Four 52.

BIG bucks are what people are ponying up for those GA/SA issues. If you're a big baller and can get those, then kudos. Not everyone is on the same playing field when it comes to money.

But why choose a flavor-of-the-month book to begin with? RR#1 is almost unreadable. Movie hype is the only reason anyone is remotely interested in it, and that won't last forever.

Pick something enjoyable that isn't currently hot if you are on a budget, rather than a book that only has interest purely from speculation.

Sometimes (most times) it has to do with finances. I don't have hundreds or thousands to spend on high-end keys, so why not a nice copy of an affordable #1 or 2nd appearance? The IH 271 Rocket Raccoon is awful looking in my opinion, so I'd rather have a Rocket Raccoon #1 that looks more like the movie character (speculation?) than the IH 271 version. I can also get a nice copy of Doctor Strange #1 or Black Panther #1 waaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than an ST 110 or Fantastic Four 52.

BIG bucks are what people are ponying up for those GA/SA issues. If you're a big baller and can get those, then kudos. Not everyone is on the same playing field when it comes to money.

Never saw much in Champions. Bunch of B and C listers that didn't work.

No new characters or even new villains from memory. All I remember was Pluto, the Stranger, Swarm, among others.

Some are just buying up 1s and throwing darts at the board.

Same here. Not much on Champions.

No new characters or even new villains from memory. All I remember was Pluto, the Stranger, Swarm, among others.

How about Legion of Monsters?

It was quite odd, and without a clear direction, but in the last issues it was hitting its stride, with a John Byrne in state of grace providing dynamic storytelling. :)

How about Legion of Monsters?

A lot more potential there with established monsters. Though if Marvel gets to that point I think they are wiping the barrel pretty clean.

#1s in general are getting lots of love even if not a 1st appearance. Why is Doctor Strange 1 and Black Panther 1 so hot right now? Both of them are not anywhere near the first appearances of those characters. Seems like if it's #1, it's gold.

Hmm, not sure...really?

Well, nothing is 100% of course. However, why should Doctor Strange 1 and Black Panther 1 get hot if not for the fact that they are # 1 issues? We're seeing the same thing with Inhumans 1. None of these are first appearances (not even close) and yet they are in high demand right now.

Nobody seems to want Black Goliath # 1. However, if he's put in a movie then BOING! BG 1 isn't a first appearance either. However, it's a # 1 and would blow up if a movie came into play. When people pony up BIG bucks for 2nd appearances (think Rocket Raccoon and Black Adam) nothing surprises me anymore.

When it comes to money and limited budgets, it's never wise to pony up big bucks for the new flavor of the month hot comic. That's the absolute worst time to buy a comic.