• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,724 posts in this topic

Just goes to show how incredibly common most Bronze Age books are now matter what the hypers try to hype. If I did find that haul of Ms Marvel 1's I wouldn't advertise I had 150 copies, just sell them 1 or 2 a week til they're gone.

+1 to this

+2

If I was selling, I wouldn't have shown my entire hand before I even listed them.

A bit of a backstory. I believe the guy bought over 100,000 comics from a comic book shop that closed a few years back, all of the books have just been in storage since closure. The collection was cherry picked by the owners prior to selling for major keys, although a few slipped through the net, like a couple of GSXM's! It's been great watching this guy discover all these comics. Shuffling through dozens of Avengers 181 ASM 194s and the like. It does put some perspective on some of the crazy prices these books have been going for.

You see it's stuff like fhat video that keeps me from spending big bucks on books like NM #98, I mean how many of those fill short boxes that we just haven't discovered yet? :eek:

I agree.

There are a ton of those out there.

Thing is, they keep retaining price, however.

I don't see it losing popularity anytime soon.

Edited by vikingreed

I'm sure there are hoardes of undiscovered NM 98's out there. There's also hoardes of fanboys that would be eager to buy them.

I'm not sure that isn't the most heavily graded book in existence already. I would assume it's at least top 5.

Definitely in dealer back stock. One of the small LCSs in town sold off a case of NM 98s they had sitting in storage between 2012-14. In 2007 (or a bit earlier?), one of the LCSs bought 10,000 books to help out another store that hit a bit of trouble. Included in the haul was close to a long box of untouched NM 98s.

I'm sure there are hoardes of undiscovered NM 98's out there. There's also hoardes of fanboys that would be eager to buy them.

I'm not sure that isn't the most heavily graded book in existence already. I would assume it's at least top 5.

Definitely in dealer back stock. One of the small LCSs in town sold off a case of NM 98s they had sitting in storage between 2012-14. In 2007 (or a bit earlier?), one of the LCSs bought 10,000 books to help out another store that hit a bit of trouble. Included in the haul was close to a long box of untouched NM 98s.

:o I wonder if the buyers would have the foresight to have these slabbed.

:o I wonder if the buyers would have the foresight to have these slabbed.

The store that opened the case mentioned that he had a very picky buyer that only wanted the top copies so he would put out the damaged ones first. My guess is that the guy was slabbing them. I pulled out some HG copies, but most of them had a spine tick or two from sitting in storage for so long.

At the time of the other big lot, NM #98 was not going for silly money in 9.8 so most people were just buying them raw to hold onto and/or flip later. There were also nice deep stacks of most other CA keys except for ASM #300 and BA #12 - he had a good stack of Omega Men #3s for $4 apiece at one show........