• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

With a great reputation comes great auction results (worship)

I lost an auction for this book the other day it went over $87

really solid copy. I couldn't justify paying almost $90 so I gave up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161219899983?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

This is one of the reasons why I'm on heavy anti-depressants...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-169-1973-NM-9-2-White-Pages-1st-App-Brother-Voodoo-/321310391448?hash=item4acf977c98

It's another aspect of life I don't get. I need all the cash I can get because I'm way behind financially and have a girlfriend and daughter to support, so things like this get me down.

Peace,

Chip

Today :o

With a great reputation comes great auction results (worship)

I lost an auction for this book the other day it went over $87

really solid copy. I couldn't justify paying almost $90 so I gave up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161219899983?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

This is one of the reasons why I'm on heavy anti-depressants...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-169-1973-NM-9-2-White-Pages-1st-App-Brother-Voodoo-/321310391448?hash=item4acf977c98

It's another aspect of life I don't get. I need all the cash I can get because I'm way behind financially and have a girlfriend and daughter to support, so things like this get me down.

Peace,

Chip

Today :o

How can that be "today" when it is sorted by Highest Price instead of Most Recent? :baiting:

I understood what you meant, I was just :baiting: with you

Do you get off giving me a good poke? I ain't down wit dat!

I wouldn't have chosen the term "get off" :sick: I'm just messing around.

and right in the ear hole at that!

Anyone remember the bit from Richard Pryor about the pet monkey he had and the Warner Bros. executive? Apparently the monkey had an affinity for "the ear hole", and RP lost his gig @ WB due to that.

At least that was what was claimed in the bit.

35 cent price variant

Do they really go for that much?

That's actually a low price right now - I'll bet it pops to over $300 very quickly.

If it goes past $250 its not because of its rarity, it will be because they want to win.

There are two CGC copies on the bay right now one at 6.0 and one at 8.0. either can be had for under $400. This one looks no better than a 7.0 with the creasing to the Bottom RC on the cover.

35 cent price variant

That's actually a low price right now - I'll bet it pops to over $300 very quickly.

If it goes past $250 its not because of its rarity, it will be because they want to win.

There are two CGC copies on the bay right now one at 6.0 and one at 8.0. either can be had for under $400. This one looks no better than a 7.0 with the creasing to the Bottom RC on the cover.

Ended at $177.77

35 cent price variant

Yeah that book usually goes for more...lucky buyer.

Shows you how costly it can be not to realize what you have...

meh, I think $177 is amazing for not mentioning it was a 35 center.

Actually, based on the picture provided I think $177 is dead on. Its nothing past a 7.5 max. Those can be had cgc graded for $300 and some change, factor in grading and shipping fee's and id rather spend another $50 on a graded copy in the same rather than take a chance on this raw book.

Forever People 1 has quietly reached new highs in high grade. I used to be an opportunistic buyer whenever I saw one reasonably priced but those days are gone. I know this is the first full Darkseid but wow :o

CGC 9.6 is almost impossible to find and 9.4s are now way out of my range.

Forever People 1 has quietly reached new highs in high grade. I used to be an opportunistic buyer whenever I saw one reasonably priced but those days are gone. I know this is the first full Darkseid but wow :o

CGC 9.6 is almost impossible to find and 9.4s are now way out of my range.

I have one at CGC right now. I'm hoping mine grades around 9.0. :wishluck: