• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Doesn't look like New Gods received the Comic Book Men spike.

I was curious to see if there was any bump for Hulk 271.

That explains why I sold 2 copies last week and have been getting many offers on my remaining copies all the sudden.

Or its just smart buyers recognizing the book is in a current downturn and they want to buy in before it, likely, sees another uptick.

I know we've discussed it but this book is really taking off. Epic Illustrated #3. Here is a listing of 7 copies that sold for $99 each in raw NM 9.4 condition.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=390982164722&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

Even rough copies are selling. That is almost always a good long term sign imo.

The casual fan probably isn't aware of it and it's still pretty affordable.... Then they said it could be the next Hulk 181, So I expected to see some movement.

Who said that? :insane:

I believe Mike asked and Walt said if they keep up with the GOTG movies he could see it go as high a Hulk 181.

I know we've discussed it but this book is really taking off. Epic Illustrated #3. Here is a listing of 7 copies that sold for $99 each in raw NM 9.4 condition.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=390982164722&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

Even rough copies are selling. That is almost always a good long term sign imo.

While a good price for Epic #3, IIRC current prices are still behind the initial spike after a Dreadstar movie/show was first announced. I think raws (in mid-grade condition) were easily going over $100.

Rollercoaster.

The casual fan probably isn't aware of it and it's still pretty affordable.... Then they said it could be the next Hulk 181, So I expected to see some movement.

I believe Mike asked and Walt said if they keep up with the GOTG movies he could see it go as high a Hulk 181.

:facepalm:

Hulk 271 is getting a bump as I now see raw NM copies selling between $200 - $300. Rocket may be popular with the kids these days, however, I just don't see him being on the same level with Wolverine no matter how many GOTG movies they pump out. The book will still be a Bronze age key for a while, but no where near Hulk 181.

Hulk 271 is getting a bump as I now see raw NM copies selling between $200 - $300. Rocket may be popular with the kids these days, however, I just don't see him being on the same level with Wolverine no matter how many GOTG movies they pump out. The book will still be a Bronze age key for a while, but no where near Hulk 181.

Exactly, Rocket is more trending with toys and younger generations, not established collectors who like Wolverine. Kids are not going to spend $300 on a comic book.

Exactly, Rocket is more trending with toys and younger generations, not established collectors who like Wolverine. Kids are not going to spend $300 on a comic book.

YET...rule of 25?

Keep in mind that the high sale was for $1,250.00 (!!) last year though.

If I had $1250 laying around I sure wouldn't spend it on a Hulk 271 :P

Seems a little better than Shazam #28.

A second appearance book vs "1 st Bronze age" appearance book. Which is the more perplexing?

A second appearance book vs "1 st Bronze age" appearance book. Which is the more perplexing?

The fact that neither is a first appearance is perplexing

The fact that neither is a first appearance is perplexing

At least Shazam 28 is a 2nd appearance where the first appearance, Marvel Family 1, is next to impossible to find. Both Hulk 271 and Marvel Preview 7 are readily available.