• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Mixing the Guardians of the Galaxy with these inconsistent mash-ups they have called "Guardians of the Galaxy" is like trying to dilute oil with water.

The GOTG that the movie was based on was straight from the Annihilation storyline...one of the best Marvel cosmic storylines out there. Sure, it wasn't the original team, but it's not like they pulled it out of their arse like an African-American Johnny Storm... (shrug)

Jessica Alba ain't exactly the spitting image of the comicbook Sue Storm...

Edited by the blob

Mixing the Guardians of the Galaxy with these inconsistent mash-ups they have called "Guardians of the Galaxy" is like trying to dilute oil with water.

The GOTG that the movie was based on was straight from the Annihilation storyline...one of the best Marvel cosmic storylines out there. Sure, it wasn't the original team, but it's not like they pulled it out of their arse like an African-American Johnny Storm... (shrug)

No, and there were complaints about her, too, at the time.

A far better choice would have been Kristen Bell, or even Sarah Michelle Gellar.

No, and there were complaints about her, too, at the time.

A far better choice would have been Kristen Bell, or even Sarah Michelle Gellar.

jessica alba is hotter (and younger and taller) than either of them and that's what matters gosh darnit

Eternals #1 has some good potential GOTG spec, and Eternals #2 is the 1st appearance of The Celestials. You never know

Eternals #1 has some good potential GOTG spec, and Eternals #2 is the 1st appearance of The Celestials. You never know

Don't tell me it's finally time to pull the Eternals out of the short boxes . . . hm

Don't tell me it's finally time to pull the Eternals out of the short boxes . . . hm

I hope so. Over the last year or so, I've been grabbing these whenever I could find them on the cheap side.

I hope so. Over the last year or so, I've been grabbing these whenever I could find them on the cheap side.

For the last 35 years I have been doing that. Maybe it will pay off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHADE-THE-CHANGING-MAN-1-HI-GRADE-STEVE-DITKO-1ST-ISSUE-/391271535665?hash=item5b1999d431

------------

now if only this one would take off i can retire....

(this result seems to be an outlier, but seriously, why shouldn't this be a $10-$20 book if every other frigging BA first appearance is popping?)

A lot of these are books where you see a couple of bidding wars/high sales and a lot of results that would make me want to age my inventory a bit more. hard to see a definite trend.

Correct. Direct market marking didn't occur until Feb, 1977 cover dates.

Well no, there are two versions :grin:

Regular

eternals1.jpg

30 cent variant

SCN_0093.jpg