• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Interesting. That is just a lowly direct edition as well. I am too lazy to look, but there should be a bit of a premium for the newsstand copies, right?

Taking a quick look at GPA, there was a 9.6 Canadian newsstand copy that sold for $175 in July, which is double the last direct copy ($81). Looks like I will have to send some more in to see if I can land another 9.8 or two........... hm

Interesting. That is just a lowly direct edition as well. I am too lazy to look, but there should be a bit of a premium for the newsstand copies, right?

Taking a quick look at GPA, there was a 9.6 Canadian newsstand copy that sold for $175 in July, which is double the last direct copy ($81). Looks like I will have to send some more in to see if I can land another 9.8 or two........... hm

canadian newstand is a whole other species.

thor 338 is 1983? should be plenty of newstands out there, but yes, certainly in the minority, but not like some book from 1997.

i don't have gpa. but i think that was a book that good some very nice coin in 9.8 even when really sharp raw copies were languishing.

seeing that made me do some digging last night...found a nice copy along with 2 nice She Hulk 1s, a Howard the Duck 1, 13 (Kiss issue), two nice captain america 217s, and a bunch of other books on the uptick recently that I did not pull last time I did some random searching for "what's hot" about 3 months ago. and a huge stack of DC Whitmans that I will spend 4 hours researching to see if any are "rare." i really need to organize my collection.

there is probably a little bit of mental illness going on. i have no idea where i bought half of this stuff. was i thinking of opening a comic shop at some point? i have no idea, it's all a blur.

I was at the same point earlier this year until I organized it in two large groups - one to sell at the spring shows in $1 boxes and the other group that I sold to my LCS. It was kind of fun pulling keys out in multiples from boxes, though.

Those are sweet!

I have no idea how SparkleCity gets consistently higher than market prices (although I could speculate). hm:grin:

SparkleCity is as SparkleCity does. :grin:

Why is this so? I bought some really high grade treasuries from a ebay seller I have dealt with many times and trust his grading, they cost a fraction of the ones sold by Sparkle.

6580354e-0e12-4768-b59d-c82c691d316b_zpsikzvde6d.jpg

2b32d397-0de1-44d4-b586-1c1625efffd2_zpsemjo0bka.jpg

Those are sweet!

I have no idea how SparkleCity gets consistently higher than market prices (although I could speculate). hm:grin:

SparkleCity is as SparkleCity does. :grin:

Why is this so? I bought some really high grade treasuries from a ebay seller I have dealt with many times and trust his grading, they cost a fraction of the ones sold by Sparkle.

6580354e-0e12-4768-b59d-c82c691d316b_zpsikzvde6d.jpg

2b32d397-0de1-44d4-b586-1c1625efffd2_zpsemjo0bka.jpg

:o