• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

They look between a 9.2 and 9.6. I wish CGC graded these... I have my reader copies, but I would assume nicer copies would be quite collectible.

is the 1st ones signed by stan lee or is that part of the cover? i have one somewhere...not in great condition as i read it and all the other treasuries a million times as a kid

They look between a 9.2 and 9.6. I wish CGC graded these... I have my reader copies, but I would assume nicer copies would be quite collectible.

is the 1st ones signed by stan lee or is that part of the cover? i have one somewhere...not in great condition as i read it and all the other treasuries a million times as a kid

Looks like it's an unverified signature from Stan Lee in 1976.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-PRESENTS-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-VF-NM-RANGE-GUARDIANS-OF-THE-GALAXY-LOT-/331631584336?hash=item4d36c86450

This price on the set is pretty encouraging given that this is a run I have gone after hard whenever i saw it cheap starting in about 1995.

This one not so much:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Presents-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-Complete-Starlord-/131577561159?hash=item1ea2a24047

My thought is...is Starhawk still dead? I am sorry if I am out of the loop. I tried to look this up and wiki says he/she is dead. Are some of these old GOTG characters going to have an impact on future GOTG stories with the new team?

The fact that GOTG with rocket and groot is not the same as what came out 40 years ago does not seem to have hurt the first app of GOTG, but seems to have dampened later ones

Edited by the blob

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-PRESENTS-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-VF-NM-RANGE-GUARDIANS-OF-THE-GALAXY-LOT-/331631584336?hash=item4d36c86450

This price on the set is pretty encouraging given that this is a run I have gone after hard whenever i saw it cheap starting in about 1995.

This one not so much:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Presents-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-Complete-Starlord-/131577561159?hash=item1ea2a24047

My thought is...is Starhawk still dead? I am sorry if I am out of the loop. I tried to look this up and wiki says he/she is dead. Are some of these old GOTG characters going to have an impact on future GOTG stories with the new team?

The fact that GOTG with rocket and groot is not the same as what came out 40 years ago does not seem to have hurt the first app of GOTG, but seems to have dampened later ones

When did Starhawk die? It's not listed as he is dead on his wikia:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Stakar_Ogord_%28Earth-691%29

wikipedia:

Using some technology from his timeline, Starhawk teleports himself into the 21st century of the Earth-616 timeline, to meet up with that era's equivalent of the Guardians of the Galaxy on Knowhere. Vance Astro, aka Major Victory, was found by this new squad of Guardians, and Starhawk fights him before teleporting away.[24] Starhawk again ventures to Knowhere, but this time appears as a woman. Claiming that there are not meant to be Guardians of the Galaxy at this point in the timeline, and that Major Victory's appearance there has put the entire future in flux, she again attempts to kill Astro and the Guardians.[25] She is detained by the Guardians,[26] and held captive for a time, until Moondragon released her.[27] She discovers that the anomaly that is disturbing the time stream is not Astro or the Guardians, but instead Black Bolt activating a bomb that will cause time and space to collapse. Starhawk sacrifices her life to save the Guardians, and instructs Star-Lord to stop Black Bolt, at any cost.[28] (citing to GOTG 16 from 2009)

Is it that only the earth-616 starthawk (who appeared as a woman?) is dead and the earth-691 one is still around?

and having two earths in marvel would probably make me stop reading new comics regularly if i actually ever did

DC has thousands of New Earths as well.

I don't remember Starhawk dying in that 2009 run. Also, the way that story was written, as explained, Starhawk was from the future and as they were doing things it changed the future. Basically they took the storyline from Back to the Future and made it cosmic.

oy gavolt. yeah, i was wondering why anyone cared about starhawk if she/he/it had been dead for 6 years, but i guess it is still a viable character.

anyway, i was rummaging around and discovered i had another half a box of those MCP gotg books I had forgotten about. i really did hoard them for a solid 10-15 years. of course, none of them are really high grade, but that's another story.

----------------------------

Any thoughts on how to sell the ST Brother Voodoo run? I have all the issues, does anyone think selling them as a group might work out better than selling the first app and taking my chances with the other issues?

The Guardians of the Galaxy in Marvel Comics Presents is a great series.

Well, all of the (not so many) Guardians stories are. And Starhawk is a wonderful character.

If you decide to sell the Brother Voodoo run I might be interested. I have never read them and I see they are written by Len Wein. :)

How’s the page quality?

James Gunn has said that he wants to bring more female characters into the mix, so Nikki Gold (1st app MP #4) is a good possibility, so are Moondragon, Mantis and Phyla-Vell.

For a while I though Starhawk would be introduced but I can't see them doing another "Star" hero, just like Firelord is probably out because of the "Lord" in his name

Mixing the Guardians of the Galaxy with these inconsistent mash-ups they have called "Guardians of the Galaxy" is like trying to dilute oil with water.

What characters have been inconsistent? The key people that are currently left out are Starhawk, Moondragon and Quasar and possibly Adam Warlock and Major Victory.

Mixing the Guardians of the Galaxy with these inconsistent mash-ups they have called "Guardians of the Galaxy" is like trying to dilute oil with water.

The GOTG that the movie was based on was straight from the Annihilation storyline...one of the best Marvel cosmic storylines out there. Sure, it wasn't the original team, but it's not like they pulled it out of their arse like an African-American Johnny Storm... (shrug)

It remains an inconsistent mash-up, in my consideration. These characters barely resemble the original ones (and I don’t mean the original guardians, but Gamora, Star-Lord, Rocket Raccon and even Warlock and the High Evolutionary from the little I have read of these writers). That is enough for me to immediately discard a modern Marvel comic.

The African-American Johnny Storm is something they have done for a movie: something inspired by the Fantastic Four, but nothing more. These movies are single efforts, I don’t see any standing artistic value in them, no matter if Marvel tries to keep elements of the original works in them and Fox this time didn't.

It remains an inconsistent mash-up, in my consideration. These characters barely resemble the original ones (and I don’t mean the original guardians, but Gamora, Star-Lord, Rocket Raccon and even Warlock and the High Evolutionary from the little I have read of these writers). That is enough for me to immediately discard a modern Marvel comic.

The African-American Johnny Storm is something they have done for a movie: something inspired by the Fantastic Four, but nothing more. These movies are single efforts, I don’t see any standing artistic value in them, no matter if Marvel tries to keep elements of the original works in them and Fox this time didn't.

Let me guess "things were better back in my day"?