• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Some TVA 1st app that GoCollect hyped in connection with the Loki show.

Putting that aside, I do remember buying it off the rack and reading it and thinking the Servitor (giant red dude in golden armor) was bad@ss. I think he is the Servitor of Zarko, the Tomorrow Man, IIRC. Thors of that era are fun. My fave is #272, a tale of Thor and Loki’s childhood. 

Just went and plucked my copy.  It’s not Servitors first appearance.  Which character am I looking for? 

68FCCDB5-BA02-4136-8912-D8E640590D71.jpeg

12 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Some TVA 1st app that GoCollect hyped in connection with the Loki show.

Putting that aside, I do remember buying it off the rack and reading it and thinking the Servitor (giant red dude in golden armor) was bad@ss. I think he is the Servitor of Zarko, the Tomorrow Man, IIRC. Thors of that era are fun. My fave is #272, a tale of Thor and Loki’s childhood. 

ah... this kind of "hype of the moment" book is tiring. So many surges in demand are off hype related to a show, rumor about a movie, etc. and driven by folks who are fans of those things but never ever picked up a comic book.  Most of these books have and continue to be insignificant events and C-level characters at best to fans who have been in the hobby for ages.  It's all good for the hobby, I guess, just gets crazy to keep up with every thing going on.

5 minutes ago, mcduckz said:

ah... this kind of "hype of the moment" book is tiring. So many surges in demand are off hype related to a show, rumor about a movie, etc. and driven by folks who are fans of those things but never ever picked up a comic book.  Most of these books have and continue to be insignificant events and C-level characters at best to fans who have been in the hobby for ages.  It's all good for the hobby, I guess, just gets crazy to keep up with every thing going on.

Completely agree; I was just answering the question. 

2 hours ago, Bludriver said:

Did anyone mention Thor 282 yet? Lowest price on ebay is $50.

Thor 282? Really? I think I once had about 20 copies, I bought a lot of BA Thors from someone on here many years ago so I could give them as bonus books when I sold something.

On 6/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, mcduckz said:

Never know. Who would have ever thought the 1st appearance of Rocket Racoon would have any post-hype longevity. Scott Lang, The Eternals, Squirrel Girl...come on! People are scrambling to try and avoid missing the boat on the next hot Marvel Movie Universe character...

Edited by AGGIEZ

1 hour ago, AGGIEZ said:

Never know. Who would have ever thought the 1st appearance of Rocket Racoon would have any post-hype longevity. Scott Lang, The Eternals, Squirrel Girl...come on! People are scrambling to try and avoid missing the boat on the next hot Marvel Movie Universe character...

Yeah! I find it quite pathetic. 2c

It's not just keys.... I had a few customers asking for 1970 to 1985 issues of X-MEN and Fantastic Four ... I was surprised at what they were going for, even common run fillers... the surprises do seem to be 8.0 or better. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... while searching for these I did notice that newstand copies are much less common, especially in grade. 

Edited by jimjum12

Some serious high prices being set at Heritage today...

ASM 129 9.8 white = $40,800
GSX1 9.8 OW/W = $72,000
Hulk 180 9.8 white = $40,800 O_O  makes me wonder where 181 would land
MS5 9.8 white = $264,000 !!!!!! holy carp!
Tomb 10 9.8 white = $28,800  pretty big money for a B/C character

Not sure the market really has cooled off for super high grade books yet

48 minutes ago, mcduckz said:

Some serious high prices being set at Heritage today...

ASM 129 9.8 white = $40,800
GSX1 9.8 OW/W = $72,000
Hulk 180 9.8 white = $40,800 O_O  makes me wonder where 181 would land
MS5 9.8 white = $264,000 !!!!!! holy carp!
Tomb 10 9.8 white = $28,800  pretty big money for a B/C character

Not sure the market really has cooled off for super high grade books yet

It's great and all for the rarified air these books live in but the ''true'' market to me is the 6.0-8.0 books.  It would be great if these prices help prop up the mid grades that common mortals like myself can buy.