• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Whitman Variant  of Micronauts sold on a BIN for $350.00 on e-bay. Direct Edition sold for a bit over $90.  Huge difference. Also, according to go collect, no 9.8's have sold to date.

MIcronauts #1 CGC 9.6 Whitman variant 1st appearance of Baron Karza & Bug | eBay

Sorry, I meant to say that according to gocollect no 9.8 graded copies exist in the variant. 

11 hours ago, ninanina said:

Sorry, I meant to say that according to gocollect no 9.8 graded copies exist in the variant. 

That’s not true. 

CGC doesn’t make a distinction on their label between the newsstand and the Whitman/Direct/Fat Diamond/alternate distribution/whatever you want to call it. 

There’s been several CGC graded 9.8 copies up of that version for sale on Clink and eBay. There’s a copy up for sale on eBay right now. 

Seems Voldy is the only one making the distinction on their label and apparently they have yet to grade a 9.8 copy. 

But 9.8 copies do exist.  And, IMO, they’re not “rare”, but to each his own. 

On 5/30/2021 at 3:30 AM, drmanhattanite said:

if only the interest in paying $$$ extended down to my 4.5s...

13 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Marvel Spotlight 28 First Moon Knight Story is heating up along with other MK stuff. 

probably should have kept that one.  Had a 9.6 copy I sold a few years ago (long before MK was even a rumor for MCU).  Fortunately I kept my WWbN 32 and 33.  Spotlight and Premiere were largely overlooked for years and had lots of key firsts or solo stories.  Glad to see them getting the attention deserved.  The Deathlok run by Perez is great.

46 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Defenders 84 raws $80, CGC 9.8 $1k 

Is it that they will face off in the next movie?

It does sound like a crazy mashup lol

Although I dont know Namor that well

I'm just as vague about black panther as well :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

I'm vague about every :censored:er at the moment.  O.o

Ya my namor autocorected,  I went and edited, as long as 40 years down the road the companies dont find themselves in the current comic story mode where it takes a "reboot" to tell the story.....

If you think it kills comics, more assuredly it would movies :(

Has the record sales for ST 169 (Brother Voodoo) affected 170 or 171 or any of the other BV titles in the ST run?

A ST 169 9.8 has now sold for $27,000

I scooped up a 9.8 ST 171 (3rd appearance) for a mere $400 a few weeks ago figuring there might be a trickle down effect.

It's amazing that in just 2 issues the value would be separated by that much.