• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

what's going on with Conan#1, seen some 9.4 selling for over $700, even during the movie release, these were barely $550 books. WTF, I was waiting for these to drop to $450 to buy in. I passed on DiceX 9.2 at $400 a couple of months ago.

what's going on with Conan#1, seen some 9.4 selling for over $700, even during the movie release, these were barely $550 books. WTF, I was waiting for these to drop to $450 to buy in. I passed on DiceX 9.2 at $400 a couple of months ago.

A rising tide lifts all boats!!!

A rising tide lifts all boats!!!

EXACTLY! I'm seeing pretty much any and all moderately key 1st appearance books rising...some more than other...but all rising. It's amazing. I'm considering liquidating my entire collection and waiting for the tide to subside to get back in.

Conan is one of the books that always seems to be in demand. While prices will eb and flow, it's a pretty solid book. - I've seen some sales of modern Conan books that just blew my socks off ! Granted they were 9.8 copies, but they aren't rare books by any stretch.

Conan is one of the books that always seems to be in demand. While prices will eb and flow, it's a pretty solid book. - I've seen some sales of modern Conan books that just blew my socks off ! Granted they were 9.8 copies, but they aren't rare books by any stretch.

Pricing had been very consistent with this book especially the 9.0 to 9.4 cgc range, very predictable pricing over the last few years. Ask foolkiller if he would have liked to take back the sale of his #1 white page 9.6 that sold for just north of $900 late last year, now they're selling for over $1200. That book had been on a downward trajectory since the release of the movie.

Pricing had been very consistent with this book especially the 9.0 to 9.4 cgc range, very predictable pricing over the last few years. Ask foolkiller if he would have liked to take back the sale of his #1 white page 9.6 that sold for just north of $900 late last year, now they're selling for over $1200. That book had been on a downward trajectory since the release of the movie.

Bad movie = tanking comic prices? lol

Bad movie = tanking comic prices? lol

If only! spiderman.gif

I'm considering liquidating my entire collection and waiting for the tide to subside to get back in.

When it comes to "Nominal First Appearances" (like Antman, Rocket Racoon, etc.) there seems to be a Perfect Storm, and those are easy money right now.

What do you guys think of Shazam 28. The prices have been going up monthly. Possible speculation on The Rock playing Black Adam? Low CGC census, is that due to no one caring or low print runs?

What do you guys think of Shazam 28. The prices have been going up monthly. Possible speculation on The Rock playing Black Adam? Low CGC census, is that due to no one caring or low print runs?

More than likely due to no one caring. :grin: Not an overly alluring cover either. I think it's a longshot, but you never know.

Sold a mid grade for $50 recently. Not particularly easy to find for some reason.

Sold a mid grade for $50 recently. Not particularly easy to find for some reason.

Sold a lower grade for $33. Surprisingly I have found all mine in the bargain bins.

If the Rock is announced to play Black Atom, and not Lobo like a lot of ppl are thinking, I think the book will explode. Already selling at a decent price on pure speculation alone. #25 is a nice Shazam key as well to keep an eye out for.

If the Rock is announced to play Black Atom Adam, and not Lobo like a lot of ppl are thinking, I think the book will explode. Already selling at a decent price on pure speculation alone. #25 is a nice Shazam key as well to keep an eye out for.