• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of Shazam 28. The prices have been going up monthly. Possible speculation on The Rock playing Black Adam? Low CGC census, is that due to no one caring or low print runs?

Sold a mid grade for $50 recently. Not particularly easy to find for some reason.

I don't even know where my high-numbered Shazams are . . . the attic maybe? lol

What do you guys think of Shazam 28. The prices have been going up monthly. Possible speculation on The Rock playing Black Adam? Low CGC census, is that due to no one caring or low print runs?

Sold a mid grade for $50 recently. Not particularly easy to find for some reason.

Ahh, that's where they all are ;)

Could any "lost" tomato boxes be in the attic? :baiting:

Check under your alphabetized S's

You can't go wrong with major villains at this point. Eventually they will use them all! I really think Shazam 28 will blow up though. I've been trying to grab some and they're getting harder to find and the prices are slowly increasing. I guess if Black Adam doesn't show up in a movie it could die down? Im betting on it though I got lucky on Avengers 55, Iron Man 55, Jimmy Olsen 134, and New Teen Titans 2. On the other hand I've lost money on a Super Heroes first apps go figure (shrug)

Nah, I'm down to only two or three of those . . . and they're in a "prime" location. :grin:

Tough when you have 20,000+ books - things get a little looney :insane:

Nah, I'm down to only two or three of those . . . and there in a "prime" location. :grin:

:think:

Thank you was waiting for someone to post this

That always got me... I mean, it isn't a new character, nor a new person playing an old character. It is the "first Silver Age appearance," which to me, sounds like it should hold as much water as "first full appearance," as that line only appears when it isn't the first actual appearance.

hm

-slym

Thank you was waiting for someone to post this

I know it's his second appearance. However, there are tons of examples of later "first appearances" being worth good coin. Avengers 4, countless batman villains, etc. I'm not saying youre going to send your kid to college with this, just that I think you can make a nice flip.

That always got me... I mean, it isn't a new character, nor a new person playing an old character. It is the "first Silver Age appearance," which to me, sounds like it should hold as much water as "first full appearance," as that line only appears when it isn't the first actual appearance.

This whole "First Silver...", "First Bronze..", etc. appearances is just pure BS concocted by OS and their dealer coalition to drive demand towards more available books.

A lot of these GA books are quite rare, so instead of looking for them fruitlessly, the OS advisors decided to artificially create new first appearances based on era. Those books were easily obtainable, and flipped for massive profits, so the trend continued.

But it's just one big scam.

Got a really nice (9.0-9.2) Shazam 28 at a LCS yesterday for $9, so I need a dozen more or so to find and flip to get a Marvel Family #1.

Seriously, I've wanted that book ever since I was a kid and read the abbreviated version in the View Master reels "Good Guys Gift Pack"