• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

DC Comics Presents #26 hits $220+ raw. :o

Link

Are sales like this new or am I just out of the loop?

Well, it is from "An untouched Comic collection found in an attic in the heart of Detroit, this collection has not been touched in around 20 years..."

Without looking, the collection could have 10 copies. ;)

Understood. I was making fun of the sales pitch.

That price seems out of whack, but I am all for having DCCP 26 run up since I already have a few in hand........

lol Yep. Seller probably uses the same details for every book he lists. Reminds me of the old New Yorker cartoon that has a sign at a restaurant: "Food untouched by human hands." And in the back, there's a gorilla with a chef's hat on . . . :roflmao:

I wonder if we will see another surge in all thanos related books after James Gunn announcement today which will probably lead to SDCC casting announcement of Thanos and that he is the "head of the snake"

Okay I thought this was an anomaly based on all that Foom2 talk and Daredevil 115 Wolverine Ad. But alas it's no longer that, Daredevil 115 has been selling consistently over $50 to $60.00 on every Ebay listing I have watched the past 2 months. I guess Wolverine can sell pretty much anything now, all he needs is his face or his name to pop up somewhere.

Waiting to see how high the first Daredevil 115 CGC 9.8 will sell for, whenever it is finally listed.

a 9.8 sold recently

DAREDEVIL #115 CGC 9.8 BLACK WIDOW 1974 See original listing

DAREDEVIL-115-CGC-9-8-BLACK-WIDOW-1974

Item Sold

Ended:

Mar 16, 2014 19:02:10 PDT

Winning bid:

US $149.95

[ 1 bid ]

Okay I thought this was an anomaly based on all that Foom2 talk and Daredevil 115 Wolverine Ad. But alas it's no longer that, Daredevil 115 has been selling consistently over $50 to $60.00 on every Ebay listing I have watched the past 2 months. I guess Wolverine can sell pretty much anything now, all he needs is his face or his name to pop up somewhere.

Waiting to see how high the first Daredevil 115 CGC 9.8 will sell for, whenever it is finally listed.

Freakin' crazy market man! (runs to check DD box) lol

:gossip: and all because of JC . . . ;)

Thor 229 has the same ad. Any other books?

Why is DD #115 getting all the love if Thor 229 has the same ad? Did Thor 229 come out a week after Hulk 181 and DD came out a week before or something? (shrug)

Just checked most of the other Nov 1974 marvels I have ( about half of them ), not in any of those. Most of the books I dont have are the horror, and reprint books like marvel tales, greatest heroes etc.

Anyone else?

Edited by Silverdream

Just checked most of the other Nov 1974 marvels I have ( about half of them ), not in any of those. Most of the books I dont have are the horror, and reprint books like marvel tales, greatest heroes etc.

Anyone else?

Marvel Premiere #19 has it, too.

But the key question is which one came out first? Might have to consult some Might Marvel Checklists for that.

Yeah, wouldnt it be funny if Daredevil came out after hulk 181 and one of the other books is the real " Pre- hulk 181" book. haha.

Honestly, this could get confusing. The ad shows Hulk 181 as releasing July 30th. Does that mean it was one of the last November cover dated books that came out in July or were November Dated books released in August and the fist wave just happened to hit on July 30th? hmm.

Edited by Silverdream

But the key question is which one came out first? Might have to consult some Might Marvel Checklists for that.

Yeah, wouldnt it be funny if Daredevil came out after hulk 181 and one of the other books is the real " Pre- hulk 181" book. haha.

Honestly, this could get confusing. The ad shows Hulk 181 as releasing July 30th. Does that mean it was one of the last November cover dated books that came out in July or were November Dated books released in August and the fist wave just happened to hit on July 30th? hmm.

Online U.S. Copyright records only go back to 1978:

Public Catalog

Copyright Catalog (1978 to present)

So you would have to arrange an in-office search. :)

Yeah, wouldnt it be funny if Daredevil came out after hulk 181 and one of the other books is the real " Pre- hulk 181" book.

No, I/we already confirmed DD came out before (it's obvious from the ad anyway, but we made sure), and like I said, the only question is which of the ad books was published first.

according to this web site http://www.dcindexes.com/features/timemachine.php?site=marvel

Daredevil 115

Cover Date: November 1974

On Sale Date: July 30, 1974

Hulk 181

On Sale Date: July 30, 1974

Thor 229

On Sale Date: August 6, 1974

Marvel Premiere 19

On Sale Date: August 27, 1974

Hulk 180 came out first week of July (July 2nd) which was the 'Oct' book and then 181 July 30th for the 'Nov' run.