• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

:o It the buyer did not mistake what he was buying.....that's crazy! Glad I have #1-110, I would hate spending big money on reprints.

You need not worry. You own everything. :sumo::baiting:

This book guides for about 4 bucks in the current Overstreet. I could see it going for double to triple Guide in VF because of movie mayhem...but over 20 times Guide? :eek:

What's up bro? :hi: I do not own everything. :baiting: Still have Marvel Tales #111-172 on my want list....I hope those become the next hot comics. :eek:

:o It the buyer did not mistake what he was buying.....that's crazy! Glad I have #1-110, I would hate spending big money on reprints.

This book guides for about 4 bucks in the current Overstreet. I could see it going for double to triple Guide in VF because of movie mayhem...but over 20 times Guide? :eek:

What movie mayhem? Also, "guide" is outdated the minute it's published. I love shops that go by Overstreet.

I just pulled my issues out...I have from #137 to #177, but unfortunately they're all around FN or so, with only a few of the run close to NM. Oh well. I'll have to scout around the area and see if there are any locally.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

What movie mayhem? Also, "guide" is outdated the minute it's published. I love shops that go by Overstreet.

Even negative publicity is publicity, re: the movie exposure.

I used the guide as a guide, as a baseline. I didn't make grand claims for it...but at the same time, I think it can't be so easily thrown under the bus, as many in the Internet age would have it.

As for the love you have for shops going by Overstreet, is it a selective love? What about when it's, say, full Guide for 3rd tier title, mid-grade Bronze? You love that, right? :slapfight:

Edited by cloudofwit

Even negative publicity is publicity, re: the movie exposure.

I used the guide as a guide, as a baseline. I didn't make grand claims for it...but at the same time, I think it can't be so easily thrown under the bus, as many in the Internet age would have it.

As for the love you have for shops going by Overstreet, is it a selective love? What about when it's, say, full Guide for 3rd tier title, mid-grade Bronze? You love that, right? :slapfight:

Yes, the do say there is no bad publicity, but a bad movie doesn't not draw people to buy those comics.

If I know a shop uses Overstreet, I know there are plenty of books to hunt that have increased recently in value.

I don't get why anyone would want to shill, with just a single bid.

Aren't they on the hook for those ebay fees?

Yes and no, they can make a claim that the person didn't pay and get refunded.

I doubt this is a shill (now that I am looking at the correct link) :foryou: Listing your acceptable price is a good method of selling (as long as you're patient). I agree that there is nothing about this listing that would make me want to buy the book, however. :insane:

I doubt this is a shill (now that I am looking at the correct link) :foryou: Listing your acceptable price is a good method of selling (as long as you're patient). I agree that there is nothing about this listing that would make me want to buy the book, however. :insane:

It was an auction though, not a BIN. If you list that book by lowest price there would have been plenty of others BIN for lower.

It was an auction though, not a BIN. If you list that book by lowest price there would have been plenty of others BIN for lower.

I know it's an auction. Listing an auction with an acceptable (to you) opening bid is good practice (particularly if you don't care if the book sells or not). Doesn't mean it's not a real sale though, just an odd one.