• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

So, where can reader copies of sought after Copper Marvel books can be found if you can’t browse dollar bin boxes (since you are overseas lol )? hm

I ask because there are some I’d like to have (like New Mutants #98, to complete my New Mutants collection) but not willing to pay much for them.

You are going to either find a cheap BIN on ebay or mannup and pay.

POS ASM 300's and NM 98's sell for $50+ on ebay all day long.

Thanks, but what is "POS"? "Mannup" is not so clear as well… lol

Piece of mess copies. Also known as Garbage copies. - In poor condition.

Mannup, better known as Man Up and more recently, "Sack Up" - Quit whining and pay the asking price for an UXM 266

So, where can reader copies of sought after Copper Marvel books can be found if you can’t browse dollar bin boxes (since you are overseas lol )? hm

I ask because there are some I’d like to have (like New Mutants #98, to complete my New Mutants collection) but not willing to pay much for them.

You are going to either find a cheap BIN on ebay or mannup and pay.

POS ASM 300's and NM 98's sell for $50+ on ebay all day long.

Thanks, but what is "POS"? "Mannup" is not so clear as well… lol

Piece of mess copies. Also known as Garbage copies. - In poor condition.

Mannup, better known as Man Up and more recently, "Sack Up" - Quit whining and pay the asking price for an UXM 266

It is very simple. Come to America with your overpriced Euros, turn them into [now almost worthless] dollars, and schedule your trip around a few comic conventions. Aside from San Diego or NYCC (though I did ok at NYCC this year in my brief time there) there will be cheap books to rummage through. If you look hard enough you will find cheap copies of these books -- except for NM 98, you can forget about that one --- and no way in hell you'll find even a beater of ASM 300 in even a $2 box...so, basically, come to america to find that elusive $2 beat-up copy of x-men 266. while you're at it, pick up some other stuff as well.

honestly, if i really had a krap copy to I'd just send it to you at this point, but i don't.

That is very different that my experience here in Minnesota. Here even the completely trashed X-men 266s end up on the wall for $15.

Anyway, alls I'm saying is that if there is a beat up X-men 266 in a dealer's stock, he will likely toss it in a $2 box. if it's presentable, he'll shoot for more. my local shop would make it $2-$3 as he does with beat up byrne X-men.

Well, according to the Overstreet 2012, an X-Men #266 in FN should be $12, but an ASM #300 is $27.

Often these books go for more even in those grades, but surely not for $3 like someone said.

Put an ad on Craigslist for buying comics and see what happens. It is easy to buy CA collections for $1 - $3 per book (has to have some BA and even SA at the high end) in high grade with all of the keys in them.

Case in point, a primarily 3300+ book CA Marvel collection I recently closed on for less than $2 per book with some nice SA and BA ASMs (#100 in VF or better and #121 in VG - looks better but has a piece of tape on the cover doh! ) and X-Men (#96 up with multiples of most). There are tons of collections out there like this - primarily 80s through 90s with some decent SA and BA scattered about - that can be had for cheap as the owners get married/have to clean out space in the house as the kids arrive.

Edited by kimik

Well, according to the Overstreet 2012, an X-Men #266 in FN should be $12, but an ASM #300 is $27.

Often these books go for more even in those grades, but surely not for $3 like someone said.

Put an ad on Craigslist for buying comics and see what happens. It is easy to buy CA collections for $1 - $3 per book (has to have some BA and even SA at the high end) in high grade with all of the keys in them.

Case in point, a primarily 3300+ book CA Marvel collection I recently closed on for less than $2 per book with some nice SA and BA ASMs (#100 in VF or better and #121 in VG - looks better but has a piece of tape on the cover doh! ) and X-Men (#96 up with multiples of most). There are tons of collections out there like this - primarily 80s through 90s with some decent SA and BA scattered about - that can be had for cheap as the owners get married/have to clean out space in the house as the kids arrive.

Too bad vaillant is in Italy. :baiting:

lol

Too bad vaillant is in Italy. :baiting:

lol

Then he can put an ad on the Italian/EU version of it for books. There have to be some out there.........

It is very simple. Come to America with your overpriced Euros, turn them into [now almost worthless] dollars, and schedule your trip around a few comic conventions. Aside from San Diego or NYCC (though I did ok at NYCC this year in my brief time there) there will be cheap books to rummage through. If you look hard enough you will find cheap copies of these books -- except for NM 98, you can forget about that one --- and no way in hell you'll find even a beater of ASM 300 in even a $2 box...so, basically, come to america to find that elusive $2 beat-up copy of x-men 266. while you're at it, pick up some other stuff as well.

honestly, if i really had a krap copy to I'd just send it to you at this point, but i don't.

lol, it would take much effort for me to come to the USA once again – first and only time I made it with the perspective of meeting Jack Kirby (which I did! :whee: ).

I have the X-Men #266 and the ASM #300, bought when they came out, but while I care about the #300, I wouldn’t mind having a reader of the #266 and sell my NM or so copy, that’s why I asked.

I consider "Fine" a reader grade for books in these years range as they are a lot less scarcer than Silver or Bronze books. :)

Thanks everyone for the advice! :)

Then he can put an ad on the Italian/EU version of it for books. There have to be some out there.........

There is not much collecting of original US editions in Italy nowadays, but yes, you are right. I found my Daredevil #111 this way, and I am sure some Copper keys are buried in "collections" here which probably will be thrown away. People used to collect original editions (not in italian) up to the mid-1990s but then the italian editions went full-swing again and so the thing stopped… :)

I sold my birds of prey 8 last week for $51 NM-

And today I picked up TT #44 NM for $25. It seriously is beautiful cover with sharp corners and no spine ticks. The worst is could do is be a 9.6

Great pick up and tough book in high grade. You will make $20-25 currently or more on it if you don't slab much more if you do.

That is very different that my experience here in Minnesota. Here even the completely trashed X-men 266s end up on the wall for $15.

That’s what I was thinking – lol

Always hated that book. Felt it was overpriced for years. He cant carry a series. The popularity just isn't there anymore, but the price doesn't fall so I have missed something on this character. Oh well.

We've discussed this one already but New Teen Titans #44 in VF @ $28 & 29 watchers. (thumbs u

:gossip: I *think* this book may be ready to explode soon.

I sold a 9.6 for $120 shipped and a raw VF for $35 shipped last week.

Based on Superman Batman film rumors or his death rumors?

I'm basing my opinions on trends from my website and the sheer numbers of copies starting to percolate to the top with higher prices and more watchers. It's all based on market windfalls which good continue upwards are putter out tomorrow. (shrug)

Always hated that book. Felt it was overpriced for years. He cant carry a series. The popularity just isn't there anymore, but the price doesn't fall so I have missed something on this character. Oh well.

Well, in my opinion most of the characters introduced in the very late 1980s, early 1990s are mediocre or worse. If Deadpool wasn’t recycled as a sort of satire and weird commentary on comics et al it seems to me it would even be less popular than Gambit or Cable.

Well, in my opinion most of the characters introduced in the very late 1980s, early 1990s are mediocre or worse. If Deadpool wasn’t recycled as a sort of satire and weird commentary on comics et al it seems to me it would even be less popular than Gambit or Cable.

What about Venom?

Venom is a good exception – in fact I bought my #300 after getting hooked on late Michelinie/McFarlane Spideys. But it‘s not *very* late 1980s, I think it’s 1987.

I was mostly referring to post-1989, and thinking of the X-Men and related titles. I used to love the New Mutants, which I started to collect in the mid-50s numbers, and when Liefeld arrived, and the stories got that poorer, I dropped the title with #94, only to pick it up again with the intention to complete it when I learned it was going to close at #100. But I never bothered to pick #95-98. lol

BTW, I also like the extension of the idea to Carnage, but not what they escalated to afterwards. I especially find ridiculous the "resurrection" of Norman Osborn, and all that followed. :sick:

Um, that actually made sense though.

the entire Norman Osborn / Dark Reign / Thunderbolts becoming the Avengers, was the last marvel storyline I enjoyed.

Now its all "lets do more events but start from the same beginning every time"

Um, that actually made sense though.

the entire Norman Osborn / Dark Reign / Thunderbolts becoming the Avengers, was the last marvel storyline I enjoyed.

Now its all "lets do more events but start from the same beginning every time"

Honestly, Jimmy: NO.

99% of what Marvel has done in the last ten years has little to do with the proper meaning of the word "sense".