• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,820 posts in this topic

Lets bring up some other books. I am tired of reading about X-force. I know it will eventually see a price bump, but I can only read so much about that 90s . I lived it and it was bad enough then.

Firestorm 3 is doing quite well.

Agreed. :sumo: All of the first series Firestorm (1-5) are doing well. Any chance the 2nd series will see some action? hm

Also, Sandman 4 :grin: continues to heat up:

Other recent sales.

Also your advertising really gets old after awhile. After we see it page after page.....

There is another section for it.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Right now there is great $$$ to be made from CA books since you can snag collections for so cheap. I am curious to see how things end, but this reminds me a lot of the action on BA books from 2003 - 2005 (maybe starting a bit earlier).

Snagging collections "for cheap" depends entirely on where you are. Maybe in Canada, but here in SoCal, it's simply not possible.

So true, up here I can throw a dead cat and hit high grade collections all day long. I was in California this summer and traveled up and down the coast and there was nothing but garbage to pick at. Mind you, my trip wasn't about finding comics, it was to relax so maybe there is stuff out there but the shops carried rags for back issues and everything was priced the highest I've ever seen.

Interesting. We are fortunate here then with Copper and older collections. They pop up on a regular basis. For example, last night I picked up 700 or so book that included a NMish run of Sandman #1-75, a nice run of Swamp Thing #37 - 171, and New Teen Titans/Tales of #1-59 plus a bunch of other nice books (e.g. Transformers #1, 3, 4; Power Man & Iron Fist #56 up, Avengers #190 - 230, some Tecs, GLs, Spideys, etc.)

You will never find that sort of material her in SoCal. And if you do, you're paying for it.

The few times I've gone to look at collections have been massive wastes of time. People with no clue how much their stuff is worth, and think it's worth a fortune. I have tried to explain, but to no avail. These people get offended, and think you're trying to cheat them, when you won't pay $1/book for their 90's post-Unity Valiants, so the only thing to do is get back into the car and drive away.

Too much competition, here.

I'm not sure if it's changed, but during last year's San Diego Comic Con, I visited a store outside LA and made a huge score with multiples of several copper keys. It was actually the place where the 3 Man of Steel 18 9.9s came from, spent about $2500 on all copper stuff that was all priced using OSPG. I've shopped there in the past and it's worked out very well, so I can't complain about my experiences in the SoCal area.

That's because you are the Perseus of comics, half-man half-god, blessed by Zeus and sent to civilize mankind and teach the lesser gods not to mess with the god of gods. :preach:

There are soooo many X-Force #2's out there, what's the consensus here in terms of where this book is going to go? Trying to decide whether to unload the 5-6 copies I'm sure I've got somewhere now, or actually hang onto them. Or spilt the difference and hold one and sell the rest?

Trying to think of an analogy to another book...a suddenly hot second appearance and can't really think of one.

There are soooo many X-Force #2's out there, what's the consensus here in terms of where this book is going to go? Trying to decide whether to unload the 5-6 copies I'm sure I've got somewhere now, or actually hang onto them. Or spilt the difference and hold one and sell the rest?

Trying to think of an analogy to another book...a suddenly hot second appearance and can't really think of one.

I'm considering putting together a Deadpool package for eBay. NM 98, X-Force 1 (Deadpool card), 2 & 11, and Circle Chase 1. I've got multiples of all so it might be interesting.

Also your advertising really gets old after awhile. After we see it page after page.....

There is another section for it.

And so does your negativity. We're here to have fun. You didn't even reply to my post supporting your earlier post about Firestorm. Sheesh. :foryou:

I'm considering putting together a Deadpool package for eBay. NM 98, X-Force 1 (Deadpool card), 2 & 11, and Circle Chase 1. I've got multiples of all so it might be interesting.

You'd do better to break them up. Seriously. I never understood the "package" deal.

Shazam 28?

Also, people are overlooking the fact that Leifeld said Kane would also be in the movie and this is his first appearance.

This is almost getting scary! Who would have thought a million print run book would rebound 20+ years later.

Look at X-Force 1 with deapool cards, a 5 million print run book, just insanity.

X-Force #1 had a print run of about 2.5 million. Granted, not too fine a difference, but whoever put the figure in Wikipedia is wrong.

Right now there is great $$$ to be made from CA books since you can snag collections for so cheap. I am curious to see how things end, but this reminds me a lot of the action on BA books from 2003 - 2005 (maybe starting a bit earlier).

Snagging collections "for cheap" depends entirely on where you are. Maybe in Canada, but here in SoCal, it's simply not possible.

So true, up here I can throw a dead cat and hit high grade collections all day long. I was in California this summer and traveled up and down the coast and there was nothing but garbage to pick at. Mind you, my trip wasn't about finding comics, it was to relax so maybe there is stuff out there but the shops carried rags for back issues and everything was priced the highest I've ever seen.

Interesting. We are fortunate here then with Copper and older collections. They pop up on a regular basis. For example, last night I picked up 700 or so book that included a NMish run of Sandman #1-75, a nice run of Swamp Thing #37 - 171, and New Teen Titans/Tales of #1-59 plus a bunch of other nice books (e.g. Transformers #1, 3, 4; Power Man & Iron Fist #56 up, Avengers #190 - 230, some Tecs, GLs, Spideys, etc.)

You will never find that sort of material her in SoCal. And if you do, you're paying for it.

The few times I've gone to look at collections have been massive wastes of time. People with no clue how much their stuff is worth, and think it's worth a fortune. I have tried to explain, but to no avail. These people get offended, and think you're trying to cheat them, when you won't pay $1/book for their 90's post-Unity Valiants, so the only thing to do is get back into the car and drive away.

Too much competition, here.

I'm not sure if it's changed, but during last year's San Diego Comic Con, I visited a store outside LA and made a huge score with multiples of several copper keys. It was actually the place where the 3 Man of Steel 18 9.9s came from, spent about $2500 on all copper stuff that was all priced using OSPG. I've shopped there in the past and it's worked out very well, so I can't complain about my experiences in the SoCal area.

That's because you are the Perseus of comics, half-man half-god, blessed by Zeus and sent to civilize mankind and teach the lesser gods not to mess with the god of gods. :preach:

And also....this was found at a store. Meaning: the store got it. Most stores in SoCal don't even deal in back issues as back issues (rather than accumulation from when they were new.)

And this was one store.

meh

Good grief...I have so had enough of wasting my breath on this topic. If you choose to make money selling this way, that's your choice, but I really have no idea how you sleep at night.

A line of dirt all the way down the cover, near the spine. A significant impact crease at the bottom of the spine (very visible from the back) and a smaller one up top.

Last time I mention it, cuz you'll obviously keep doing what you do, but man that is just brutal.

Jim