• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

You sell labels jim, not books, and you can't even see the books in your listings - get a life.

You wouldn't know a HG book from a hole in the ground. lol

Just out of curiosity, would you guarantee that numerical grade if someone bought it and sent it straight into CGC without a press?

I guarantee the grade of every book I sell. I think I've had two returns in over 12 years and 10,000 sales. ;) And those were many years ago.

And even you know there are still many variables in this statement, "if someone bought it and sent it straight into CGC without a press?"

I wasn't trying to bait you, I was sincerely curious.

I will put this out there. A wager that benefits charity.

I will buy a raw book of my choosing from Divad's ebay listings, now or in the near future. The book can be sent to a neutral third party who will relay it to CGC, fast-tracked at my expense, without further pressing or any modification from its current state upon receipt. If the book comes back in the same grade, I will sell the book and donate any profits to charity. I will also donate $100 to the charity of Divad's choosing.

If the book does not come back the same grade, the book will still be sold with profits going to charity. Additionally, Divad must put the following statement in his signature line:

"I cannot consistently guarantee the grades of raw books that I sell on Ebay. In fact, I should probably get them graded myself rather than selling hope to others." in 20pt, bolded font, for 1 year.

Deal?? I'm 1:1 on public board wagers. I'm due to lose.

You should buy this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201180314081

Wow.

I thought Domino's first appearance was X-Force #8 per Marvel.com

http://marvel.com/universe/Domino_%28Neena_Thurman%29

I agree, # 8 should be her first appearance. I suspect that CGC just overlooked that one.

Looked through X-Force #8 and Domino is all through out the book.

So, Domino's 1st appearance is:

New Mutants 98

X-Force 11

and now X-Force 8

:facepalm:

Marvel.com has her 1st appearance listed as X-Force #8 so... back to searching the dollar bins

"Domino" is on the cover to #8, just like NM#98. However, looks to be a Strange Tales #114 type of issue, exepct carried forward over several issues.

http://marvel.wikia.com/X-Force_Vol_1_11

"Domino is studying up on her teammates when Deadpool makes his appearance. He knocks Domino around and continues to call her Vanessa. He reveals that she has been working as a mole for Tolliver and has been giving him trade secrets on the team but has stopped recently. They continue to fight and Deadpool threatens that she must start giving Tolliver what he wants or Tolliver will come after her. He then reveals that she is not really Domino and has just taken her persona....Tolliver enters the depths of his secret castle. He walks with Pico and enters a room where he is keeping a prisoner. He states that she has been there for more than a year and has not adjusted to their hospitality. The prisoner is revealed to be none other than the real Domino."

Thus, #11 is the 1st appearance of the 'real' Domino, as the CGC label states. New Mutants #98 and all of the pre-#11 X-Force books are Copycat, impersonating Domino.

Nope. Check the info for issue #8, including:

Supporting Characters:

Domino - (Only in flashback), (First appearance)

…We're given a glimpse of Cable's past for almost the rest of the issue. He's the leader of a team called Wild Pack…

Domino appears in flashback, and presumably this is the actual Domino, long before her abduction.

http://marvel.wikia.com/X-Force_Vol_1_8

Yep, sorry Aggiez but this is correct. The Domino in X Force # 8 is the real one making # 8 the first appearance, not # 11.

Well carp, I guess there's a first time for everything.

Honestly, I think it's pretty comical that we're even talking about the 1st appearance of a character like Domino and long-time drekky books like X-Force #8 and #11…the end is nigh

Lets bring up some other books. I am tired of reading about X-force. I know it will eventually see a price bump, but I can only read so much about that 90s . I lived it and it was bad enough then.

Firestorm 3 is doing quite well.

Just out of curiosity, WHY is it doing so well? It's not the 1st appearance of the current Killer Frost at all. It's not her origin, it's not her backstory. It's nothing except a first appearance of a character that's not in any upcoming movies, television shows or even animation.

It's like saying "Green Lantern is hot". Then I'd have to ask "which one?"

Im unsure how to answer this. Do you want me to list data showing the price has been rising for awhile? That speculators are chasing any and all 1st appearances?

Or do you want to discuss 1st appearances? How people want to buy a book to know how the character started? You seem rather upset about this in general though so is there something I am missing.

I don't make this stuff up I just point it out. I was just dog dead tired reading about X-force.

Should I pick another book?

Fastball: You don't have to go through any trouble to convince me of the trend. My question was mostly rhetorical and Sean pretty much nailed WHY folks are losing their mind over that 1st appearance. :thumbsup:

You sell labels jim, not books, and you can't even see the books in your listings - get a life.

Just out of curiosity, would you guarantee that numerical grade if someone bought it and sent it straight into CGC without a press?

I guarantee the grade of every book I sell. I think I've had two returns in over 12 years and 10,000 sales. ;) And those were many years ago.

And even you know there are still many variables in this statement, "if someone bought it and sent it straight into CGC without a press?"

I will buy a raw book of my choosing from Divad's ebay listings, now or in the near future. The book can be sent to a neutral third party who will relay it to CGC, fast-tracked at my expense, without further pressing or any modification from its current state upon receipt. If the book comes back in the same grade, I will sell the book and donate any profits to charity. I will also donate $100 to the charity of Divad's choosing.

If the book does not come back the same grade, the book will still be sold with profits going to charity. Additionally, Divad must put the following statement in his signature line:

"I cannot consistently guarantee the grades of raw books that I sell on Ebay. In fact, I should probably get them graded myself rather than selling hope to others." in 20pt, bolded font, for 1 year.

You should buy this one:

Wow.

Just buy both #8 and #11.

There's probably boxes full in every comic shop's basement, or holding a door open somewhere. You can probably even negotiate down to 10 for a dollar.

That's what I do (if they are $1 or less), although I am firmly in the #8 camp.

You should buy this one:

Well yes, only because you missed out on this one. :)

You should buy this one:

Wow.

I can see a :facepalm: for any X-Force book but what's the problem with a Sandman comic getting hot?

You should buy this one:

Wow.

I can see a :facepalm: for any X-Force book but what's the problem with a Sandman comic getting hot?

:facepalm: for the assigned grade not the book.

It's a sweet copy. (Unlike some of the junk sold here on the boards). :cool:

Im not a professional by any means but if I got that copy in the mail I wouldn't be happy. Dinged up corner and noticeable spine issues. No chance at that being a 9.8 from even the most generous of graders.

Well he only claims it to be a 9.6 but after looking at the scans I don't think even a 9.6 is in the realm of possibility.

Im not a professional by any means but if I got that copy in the mail I wouldn't be happy. Dinged up corner and noticeable spine issues. No chance at that being a 9.8 from even the most generous of graders.

Well he only claims it to be a 9.6 but after looking at the scans I don't think even a 9.6 is in the realm of possibility.

That's part of the reason he doesn't sell those raw books here with those grades. More suckers on Ebay.

That's part of the reason he doesn't sell those raw books here with those grades. More suckers on Ebay.

That book isn't even 9.4. A 9.2 would be super generous.

Just saw that 9.6. :facepalm:

Edited by bighaley21

That book isn't even 9.4. A 9.2 would be super generous.

It is a 9.2 in my opinion. But it is hard to tell with cover the way it is. But you can see a few defects for sure, such as the blunted corner. I don't see how that would be a 9.6 or a 9.8.

I think it's time for Diva D to stop using the number scale on his books. Book after book being touted as a 9.8 or 9.6 and they are not. I would be shocked if you had any return customers on ebay. (even though with 5 shill accounts it makes it harder to do so)

I think he can do whatever he wants, but I think it's risky in the sense that most of the books I've seen I would not agree with the grade just from looking at the scans. A book can look a lot different in hand, which on EBay can be both good and bad.

I think it's time for Diva D to stop using the number scale on his books. Book after book being touted as a 9.8 or 9.6 and they are not. I would be shocked if you had any return customers on ebay. (even though with 5 shill accounts it makes it harder to do so)

I think he can do whatever he wants, but I think it's risky in the sense that most of the books I've seen I would not agree with the grade just from looking at the scans. A book can look a lot different in hand, which on EBay can be both good and bad.

It's not that risky. Most ebay buyers can't grade very well. It's a long established Ebay business model: Overgrade, accept completely refunded returns, but count on the fact that most buyers will never return anything overgraded either b/c they don't know or they don't care given the amount of money and the hassle of returning.

It's not that risky. Most ebay buyers can't grade very well. It's a long established Ebay business model: Overgrade, accept completely refunded returns, but count on the fact that most buyers will never return anything overgraded either b/c they don't know or they don't care given the amount of money and the hassle of returning.

I suppose you're right, the reward far outweighs the risk when you break it down that way.