• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

I'm not saying you're wrong (because I don't think you are), but wouldn't you have to provide comparative data to say a spike has a occurred?

That data is there for everyone's perusal and interpretation, but I will bite.

From Feb. 3 - 9, the week prior, there were 11 sales that included NM 86. One which included NM Annual #2, which is somewhat hot and one which was in a ROM lot. For whatever logic that equates to.

New Mutants 88 raw seem to be going pretty cheap right now.

If ran NM+ X-Force 2 can get $15, figure 88 is going to get $10 all day, they seem to be selling for half that.

Two problems: Deadpool is currently much more popular than Cable and X-Force 2 is (barely - it's really not an easy sell) an exception to the general rule that first appearances are all that matter. X-Force 2 also doesn't really sell for $15, more in the $5-10 range.

I would think 88 is less common than XForce 2 but what do I know.

Uh... yeah, by orders of magnitude. lol

Now many CGC 9.8's out there right now for under $80.

Ed

There are currently piles of CGC 9.8 X-Force 2s available for around $60.

NM #86 does not count as a Cable appearance. It's an ad.

I can see UXM #201, but it has never latched on with collectors.

You're welcome to your opinion of what "counts" and what doesn't, but that doesn't seem to have a relation to actual sales.

Are you saying NM #86 is spiking?

One CGC sale in the past three months on EBay, and it was a 9.4.

Four 9.8 sales of UXM #201 in the past three months, and the avg price is $73.00.

Not everyone buys graded books, heck, most don't.

The rumor of Cable came out Feb. 10, since then 43 copies, raw & graded have sold on eBay. I would say that is a "spike", No matter price, it's a volume spike.

Also, where are you getting your data? There are 6 CGC sales in that time frame I provided.

:gossip: P.S., there is one before NMM 86 that ain't doing too shabby either.

Where you agree with it as an "appearance" is inconsequential to the conversation.

I think the masses look at NM 87 as Cables first appearance.

Absolutely agree 100%, shoot 101%.

http://comics.gocollect.com/most-active

If ran NM+ X-Force 2 can get $15,

--------

It CAN, but how often does it really? I have one sitting in my store for that much and nobody has even offered me $7.50 for it (and I am including free shipping).

I really wish it would though as I have at least 5 more copies waiting.

If only there was a Deadpool prototype which preceded Deadpool, you know kinda like Foom #2 for Hulk...

...Wait....

If there was he would definitely need a multi-colored mask and use swords.

And that one isn't exactly cheap either.

You're welcome to your opinion of what "counts" and what doesn't, but that doesn't seem to have a relation to actual sales.

It counts enough to settle down somewhere in the $8-$25 range I guess. I'm hoping for $25....

If ran NM+ X-Force 2 can get $15,

--------

It CAN, but how often does it really? I have one sitting in my store for that much and nobody has even offered me $7.50 for it (and I am including free shipping).

I really wish it would though as I have at least 5 more copies waiting.

It will be patient. Most still don't know its Deadpool's second appearance and with that mostly black cover NM is harder to find than what is selling on ebay. I see 10 to one in barely VF shape IMO selling. Plus OG didn't have that info about this book for years so it was back issue dollar fodder.

Agree with you on 86. It's an ad, not an appearance.

201 is only an "appearance" due to retcon. Doesn't count, IMO.

ygogolak is correct. There have been a ton of sells for raw NM #86's lately.

* Most are double digits as well.

It counts enough to settle down somewhere in the $8-$25 range I guess. I'm hoping for $25....

(thumbs u now let's go make a buck!

If only there was a Deadpool prototype which preceded Deadpool, you know kinda like Foom #2 for Hulk...

...Wait....

I have done more research that you can possibly fathom on this. There is no Deadpool appearance prior to NM 98.

...Wait....

I have done more research that you can possibly fathom on this. There is no Deadpool appearance prior to NM 98.

"prototype" is the key word.

Agree with you on 86. It's an ad, not an appearance.

201 is only an "appearance" due to retcon. Doesn't count, IMO.

86 is a second appearance via ad. 87 is his first cover/appearance in a story. The market has determined 87 to be more valuable for two reasons. 1. This issue has a long history of erroneously being considered his first and it takes a lot of time to change people's perception of what is accurate. 2. It's a sick cover, much like X-Factor 24.

I tend to agree with you on 201 but if I can play devil's advocate for a moment...If Marvel retcons the character to advance their own narratives then I wonder why so many of us don't see things like ASM 4 ( first Alias ) and Marvel GN 17 ( first Apocalypse ) as first appearances. What is is about the retcon that turns collectors off? The market seems a bit more receptive to a book like the MGN 17 as of late so maybe time are a changin'.