• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

All 3 of those are from December; it's now February (and almost halfway through).

$100 on 12/21/15

J Gallo = $85 on 12/26/15

9.6 = $75 on 12/26/15

I really need to stop investigating your sales links/data...usually cherry-picked listings or listed by highest value first, not most recent sales.

Most recent sales of X-Men #4 9.8s (on eBay):

$60 on 2/9/16

$60 on 2/5/16

$56 on 1/24/16

$70 on 1/21/16

Anything else?

Oh yeah, almost two months old invalidates the sales - I forgot. :insane:

(says another one of the "I have to have it now" crowd. lol )

Anything else? :roflmao:

Old sales are still valid, but, you know, old. They don't show one where the current market is on a book. Particularly when a book has a lot of sales data over those two months (with additional stock to boot), not just one or two data points.

Edited by manetteska

Poof?

No. Just tired of rehashing divad's pattern of sales and grading. If people want to know about it, they can search. You can be sure though that the only time divad is going to post an Ebay link is when some raw book performed in a way he wants to trumpet. Why it did that is up to the reader to determine.

All 3 of those are from December; it's now February (and almost halfway through).

$100 on 12/21/15

J Gallo = $85 on 12/26/15

9.6 = $75 on 12/26/15

I really need to stop investigating your sales links/data...usually cherry-picked listings or listed by highest value first, not most recent sales.

Most recent sales of X-Men #4 9.8s (on eBay):

$60 on 2/9/16

$60 on 2/5/16

$56 on 1/24/16

$70 on 1/21/16

Anything else?

(thumbs u

There usually tends to be a spike in prices during December, even right up to Christmas, for last minute holiday shopping. Demand spikes because of this, and then calms back down in January. It is unlikely that the highs achieved in December are the actual value of the book, but it is equally likely that the lower prices achieved in January aren't necessarily a true value either. It is probably someplace inbetween (but closer to January if I had to guess).

$100 :sumo:

Next up . . . our own J Gallo :grin:

9.6 (I guess you see only what you want to see.) :whistle:

Nothing wrong at all with my searching skills! lol

If you take a closer look at your own link for the X-Men 4 sales, it looks like the 9.8 graded copies are mainly selling only in the $50 to $70 range which is a far cry from $100.

(I guess you see only what you want to see.) :whistle:

Yes, definitely the case here as you are only choosing the high outliers and ignoring all of the other sales.

Yes, I guess there was the one $100 sale for a 9.8 copy which did not show up in your original link. But you didn't bother to include the more than 1 dozen 9.8 sales that sold for only between $50 - $70.

Yes, you also got the one and only 9.6 graded copy that sold for $74.99, but was blind to all of the other 7 copies that managed to fetch only in the $20 - $40 price range.

So, in full agreement with you here. Definitely a case of seeing only what you want to see. (thumbs u

Data points are great, but you have to show trends to prove the point.

Quoting the highest price a buyer paid for a book while others are significantly less doesn't mean a good sale. It means someone is a sucker.

well, i was citing the range and pointing out that raw "nice" copies seemed to be selling for $6-$7 (maybe $10, forget about divad's sale for now) in response to a question about raw to slabbed price rations, so a fairly low % of the slab price whether that price is $55 or $70 or whatever, whereas there are many books where raw nice copies sell for a bigger % of the slab price...showing that it can be very book specific what the % is

so how was $60-$100 wrong? that's a pretty big range.

Well, since your original grade range was 9.6 to 9.8 copies as per your post below, then the price range is really more like $20 to $100:

divad posted a bunch of x-men 4 sales results. it seems that raw likely 9.6-8 copies sell for $6-$7 whereas slabs are $60-$100.

With the 9.8 graded copies generally in the $50 to $70 price range and the 9.6 graded copies generally in the $25 to $35 price range. Any price either above or below these 2 price ranges appear to be more of an outlier, especially with the ones on the high side. hm

Divad's sales arent heating up books just what he's sold for market value. There is rarely a surprise but he gets pleasure from posting anyway. :shrug:

It's a benevolent service to those who are leaving money on the table. :baiting:

New Mutants 87 qualifies as a heating up book on ebay. Within 24 hours I think 20 copies have been bought via buy it now .

Yep. It was only a matter of time. Been waiting for this one to jump.

There is a big reason why too.

Again, that was only a matter of time. He had to be in either a Deadpool or Xmen sequel. Inevitable.