• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

divad posted a bunch of x-men 4 sales results. it seems that raw likely 9.6-8 copies sell for $6-$7 whereas slabs are $60-$100.

Just checked the ebay listings and sales results.........looks like they are going for nowhere near those prices in that condition. :gossip:

Is it even worth the cost of slabbing and all of the other ancillary charges that come with slabbing a book like this just to hopefully make a few dollars if you are lucky. Sure seems to be a lot of time and effort involved unless you are planning to make it by charging an exorbitant shipping and handling fee. (shrug)

divad posted a bunch of x-men 4 sales results. it seems that raw likely 9.6-8 copies sell for $6-$7 whereas slabs are $60-$100.

Of course, hidden in that post is one of my own . . . :grin:

X-Men 4 signed by Jim Lee

How much does Jim Lee charge for a signature? Are you sure that's actually Jim Lee's, his sig. doesn't look anything like that now.

How much does Jim Lee charge for a signature? Are you sure that's actually Jim Lee's, his sig. doesn't look anything like that now.

You're hilarious. lol

Just checked the ebay listings and sales results.........looks like they are going for nowhere near those prices in that condition. :gossip:

Is it even worth the cost of slabbing and all of the other ancillary charges that come with slabbing a book like this just to hopefully make a few dollars if you are lucky. Sure seems to be a lot of time and effort involved unless you are planning to make it by charging an exorbitant shipping and handling fee. (shrug)

Not to mention the added 'burden' placed on CGC turnaround times.

Which,of course, is another reason I wouldn't recommend slabbing any book which will net less than $150-200.

You're hilarious. lol

just sayin... :baiting:

Are you sure you know how to search . . . :baiting:

X-Men 4 CGC

Nothing wrong at all with my searching skills! :baiting:lol

If you take a closer look at your own link for the X-Men 4 sales, it looks like the 9.8 graded copies are mainly selling only in the $50 to $70 range which is a far cry from $100. In addition, the 9.6 graded copies are mainly selling only in the $30 range which is also a far cry from the $60 figure quoted above.

Hence, it looks like the sellers will most probably end up losing money on the 9.6 graded copies by the time it's all said and done. A bit of money to be made if you are lucky enough to get a 9.8 from CGC, but there's always a risk here as grading is subjective. hm

Which,of course, is another reason I wouldn't recommend slabbing any book which will net less than $150-200.

If this is the case, then I guess you wouldn't recommend sellers to be slabbing books like X-Men 4 because there is absolutely no way they would be netting anywhere close to $150 - $200. (thumbs u

X-Men 4 CGC

maybe he's talking about the january sales being a little lower than some of those good december sales...some of the january sales are more in the $50s

I guess you wouldn't recommend sellers to be slabbing books like X-Men 4 because there is absolutely no way they would be netting anywhere close to $150 - $200. (thumbs u

Yep, absolutely no way (which is why I sold my copy raw for $33) ;)

If you take a closer look at your own link for the X-Men 4 sales, it looks like the 9.8 graded copies are mainly selling only in the $50 to $70 range which is a far cry from $100.

Methinks your analytical skills are also lacking . . . :baiting:lol

X-Men 4 CGC

If you take a closer look at your own link for the X-Men 4 sales, it looks like the 9.8 graded copies are mainly selling only in the $50 to $70 range which is a far cry from $100.

Methinks your analytical skills are also lacking . . . :baiting:lol

Methinks you must have a case of the blinders or your number comprehension skills are sorely lacking. :baiting:lol

Went back to your attached link and I guess you must be focusing only on the undisclosed best offer accepted on the $125 listing or on the $127.50 sale on the Stan Lee SS listing.

Other than the one that sold for $74.99, it looks like you are ignoring the other 12 completed 9.8 listings that only sold in the price range from $47 through to $69.99. I guess it's also best not to mention the 9.6 copies which are selling even as low as only $22.50 in one case. :gossip:

$100 :sumo:

Next up . . . our own J Gallo :grin:

9.6 (I guess you see only what you want to see.) :whistle:

Nothing wrong at all with my searching skills! lol

All 3 of those are from December; it's now February (and almost halfway through).

$100 on 12/21/15

J Gallo = $85 on 12/26/15

9.6 = $75 on 12/26/15

I really need to stop investigating your sales links/data...usually cherry-picked listings or listed by highest value first, not most recent sales.

Most recent sales of X-Men #4 9.8s (on eBay):

$60 on 2/9/16

$60 on 2/5/16

$56 on 1/24/16

$70 on 1/21/16

Anything else?

All 3 of those are from December; it's now February (and almost halfway through).

$100 on 12/21/15

9.6 = $75 on 12/26/15

I really need to stop investigating your sales links/data...usually cherry-picked listings or listed by highest value first, not most recent sales.

$60 on 2/9/16

$60 on 2/5/16

$56 on 1/24/16

$70 on 1/21/16

Anything else?

Oh yeah, almost two months old invalidates the sales - I forgot. :insane:

(says another one of the "I have to have it now" crowd. lol )

Anything else? :roflmao:

$100 on 12/21/15

9.6 = $75 on 12/26/15

$60 on 2/9/16

$60 on 2/5/16

$56 on 1/24/16

$70 on 1/21/16

Anything else?

(thumbs u