• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Jim Lee - The same faces and crosshatching FOREVER!!!

That's what happens when you have a deadline, besides, you can't do any better.

please, if these guys had to draw each face noticeably different and then be consistent in doing so they would never be able to finish an issue.

please, if these guys had to draw each face noticeably different and then be consistent in doing so they would never be able to finish an issue.

Exactly

In the late 80s/early 90s, everyone was swiping Art Adams, Art Adams was god. BUT, because he didnt believe in "cutting corners" to make a deadline he took awfully long to finish a book.. But each book he put out from 1984-1990 inspired the next generation of artists: Mcfarlane, Lee, Larsen, Lim, Liefeld and many others. This is why I personally dont care for any of them..

They took Adams style and simplified it...

I still consider this one a CA book: :grin:

You would. :makepoint:

To me, Valiant, Image, Marvel #1's Trio, etc. exemplified the Modern/Speculator/Chromium era, and to leave them in Copper is patently insane. Pick up a book from the early-80's and one from 1992 and they are from two different worlds.

To me, Valiant, Image, Marvel #1's Trio, etc. exemplified the Modern/Speculator/Chromium era, and to leave them in Copper is patently insane. Pick up a book from the early-80's and one from 1992 and they are from two different worlds.

It depends on the book. Some of the Valiants have an earlier feel

I don't disagree :baiting: But, until they "officially" make a new era, it's def not a "Modern" :grin:

1st off - When it takes over two lines to explain to the reader who the character is appearing in the book that it's probably not the right character.

CaptainBritain898.jpg

Not Psylocke.

x-force-movie-uncanny-x-men-256.jpg

Not fantastic but hell, at least she's one the cover and it's a 1st appearance. (shrug):insane:

I didn't think it was water because that angle of view would be impossible.

The only way for the entire back ground to be water would be if the angle of view was from up high and the horizon line would be above their heads. But, it isn't from up high because Mandarin is looking completely forward. Psy is looking slightly up but she's crouched/shorter.

. I think that's the nerdiest thing I've ever written.

But I digressed:

The clear market leader thus far is New Mutants Annual #2. A CGC 9.8 is only Lyria right now @ $225 & 31 watchers. :shy: (not mine)

Doesn't the Captain Britain issue blow this one out of the water desirability/price wise...?

Wouldn't that make the Captain Britain issue the clear market leader?

I don't own one, but just seems like it is no contest.

The NM Annual is obviously easier to obtain.

I don't disagree :baiting: But, until they "officially" make a new era, it's def not a "Modern" :grin:

I'm just saying that Valiant is definitely not Copper... which leaves...

Exactly

Apologists :cloud9: