• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Yeah Whet. There's no way you can say NM Annual 2's the market leader when there simply aren't enough Capt. Britain 8s on the market to make a decent comparison.

Here's a question, though. Is X-Men 256 thus the most important book to come out of the Acts of Vengeance storyline?

At the time it was clearly Cosmic Spidey, and in particular, ASM 328. But now? Is there any book from the run that's had more lasting influence?

if people actually read the books they would see the HUGE difference in the two psylocke characters and would say WTF who is this BRIT chick, not even remotely close to the Asian Ninja version which we all know and love

if people actually read the books they would see the HUGE difference in the two psylocke characters and would say WTF who is this BRIT chick, not even remotely close to the Asian Ninja version which we all know and love

I agree, but she is still the same character.

Same as Bucky and the Winter Soldier, Batgirl and Oracle, etc., etc.

I was never a fan of the original, but have always liked the ninja version.

Yeah Whet. There's no way you can say NM Annual 2's the market leader when there simply aren't enough Capt. Britain 8s on the market to make a decent comparison.

Here's a question, though. Is X-Men 256 thus the most important book to come out of the Acts of Vengeance storyline?

At the time it was clearly Cosmic Spidey, and in particular, ASM 328. But now? Is there any book from the run that's had more lasting influence?

#256 has got to be, doesn't it?

I can't think of any others.

I don't think anyone, but the people reading them as they were released, care about cosmic Spidey.

Not sure that matters. When Guardians of the Galaxy got hot, the comic that saw the biggest run up was the first app of the Guardians and that team had nothing to do with the movie. Yondu was the only character held over and that was in name only. The movie Yondu and the comic Yondu are night and day

Not sure that matters. When Guardians of the Galaxy got hot, the comic that saw the biggest run up was the first app of the Guardians and that team had nothing to do with the movie. Yondu was the only character held over and that was in name only. The movie Yondu and the comic Yondu are night and day

The biggest gains were seen in movie relevant Guardian's first appearances. Tales to Astonish 13, Marvel Preview 4, Hulk 271 and possibly Strange Tales 181 saw the biggest increases. MSH18 saw a huge spike but it pales in comparison to the run up on those other comics.

The biggest gains were seen in movie relevant Guardian's first appearances. Tales to Astonish 13, Marvel Preview 4, Hulk 271 and possibly Strange Tales 181 180 saw the biggest increases. MSH18 saw a huge spike but it pales in comparison to the run up on those other comics.

fixed

also GOTG #1 modern series and Annihilation Conquest #6 saw big bumps

I still consider this one a CA book: :grin:

You would. :makepoint:

To me, Valiant, Image, Marvel #1's Trio, etc. exemplified the Modern/Speculator/Chromium era, and to leave them in Copper is patently insane. Pick up a book from the early-80's and one from 1992 and they are from two different worlds.

I don't disagree :baiting: But, until they "officially" make a new era, it's def not a "Modern" :grin:

I'm just saying that Valiant is definitely not Copper... which leaves...

It's pretty clear that Valiant fits squarely in a category of comics called "1990s comics" which leaves little to debate. :grin:

Copper-schmopper.

To me, Valiant, Image, Marvel #1's Trio, etc. exemplified the Modern/Speculator/Chromium era, and to leave them in Copper is patently insane. Pick up a book from the early-80's and one from 1992 and they are from two different worlds.

I don't disagree :baiting: But, until they "officially" make a new era, it's def not a "Modern" :grin:

It's pretty clear that Valiant fits squarely in a category of comics called "1990s comics" which leaves little to debate. :grin:

Copper-schmopper.

1990's comics = pyrite age (shrug)

Copper-schmopper.

1990's comics = pyrite age (shrug)

1990s comics = 1990s comics

Keep your ages, we're running out of minerals anyway. lol

I didn't think it was water because that angle of view would be impossible.

The only way for the entire back ground to be water would be if the angle of view was from up high and the horizon line would be above their heads. But, it isn't from up high because Mandarin is looking completely forward. Psy is looking slightly up but she's crouched/shorter.

. I think that's the nerdiest thing I've ever written.

Thats the most thought ever spent on this cover ever since its inception (thumbs u

#256 has got to be, doesn't it?

I can't think of any others.

I don't think anyone, but the people reading them as they were released, care about cosmic Spidey.

Nah, there's a bit. Spectacular Spidey #158 was pretty smokin' for a while, and it still is the single issue in that run that is usually missing from dealer stock. I'll happily take every copy anyone has off their hands.

My 2c

Valiant Unity/Image Comics began the Chromium Age of comics...

I'd consider pre-Unity Valiant the tale end of the Copper Age.

Kinda what I was thinking also. :grin:

My 2c

Valiant Unity/Image Comics began the Chromium Age of comics...

I'd consider pre-Unity Valiant the tale end of the Copper Age.

Kinda what I was thinking also. :grin:

Copper has a defined, absolute end date.

November 18, 1992 at noon. That's when Superman 75 was on sale, the end of the Copper Age and the beginning of the Modern Age and rampant speculation. Pre-Unity Valiant = end Copper. Post Unity Valiant = not Copper.

You're welcome.