• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Marvel Graphic Novel #4 with the single $5.95 price

was printed in 1982 and is widely accepted as the Canadian Price Variant, 1st printing as the later printings of Marvel Graphic Novels went on to state $5.95 Can. and it simply made sense.

By who...?

This is an assumption.

Do I need to whip out my Dark Knight Returns newsstands again...?

:D

By whom? :sumo:

Marvel Graphic Novel #4 with the single $5.95 price

was printed in 1982 and is widely accepted as the Canadian Price Variant, 1st printing as the later printings of Marvel Graphic Novels went on to state $5.95 Can. and it simply made sense.

By who...?

This is an assumption.

Do I need to whip out my Dark Knight Returns newsstands again...?

By whom? :sumo:

Yes, by whom, thank you for the correction. :)

Per Comicbookrealm.com, the $4.95 cover is 1st print US and the $5.95 cover is 1st print Canadian. 1st Prints also have no ISBN or UPC code. All the later prints show both the US and CA prices on the cover, plus have an ISBN number on the back cover.

Comicbookrealm is making an assumption.

For there to have been a "Canadian version" of MGN #4, there would have been such versions for #1-3. At the time of the first graphic novels, 1982, there wasn't a distinction between the Canadian market and the US market. The dollars were trading at about par, which changed as 1982 moved along. That's why later versions have "$4.95, $5.95 Can" on them (and why MGN #5 first printings have both prices from the start.)

So does the first printing need to have 4.95 and 5.95 prices on the cover or just a 4.95 price?

Can someone do infinity war 1 print run?

Infinity +1

Capital City number = 139,800

Capital City Marvel 1992 % = 19.9%

Print run for Infinity War #1 was about 700,000 copies.

Can someone do infinity war 1 print run?

Infinity +1

Capital City number = 139,800

Capital City Marvel 1992 % = 19.9%

Print run for Infinity War #1 was about 700,000 copies.

Sooooo... Infinity -1?

About a million less than Turok #1

So it's rare then

Awesome

I don't know that I've ever been as let down by a comic as I was by Infinity War # 1. After the majesty that Infinity Gauntlet, it was just...ugh.

Then again,

a) I wasn't young enough to live contemporaneously through Secret Wars vs. Secret Wars 2; and

b) Seriously -- even Dark Knight Strikes Again had its charms

I don't know that I've ever been as let down by a comic as I was by Infinity War # 1. After the majesty that Infinity Gauntlet, it was just...ugh.

Then again,

a) I wasn't young enough to live contemporaneously through Secret Wars vs. Secret Wars 2; and

b) Seriously -- even Dark Knight Strikes Again had its charms

Well, what preceded it was a financial success, so the business people said, "Make more of this!" But the creative fuel wasn't there. Happens often.

Good Golly Beejeezus! Just look at today's sales!

New Mutants 1

I used to give these away as freebies with every sale . . . :D

Looks like I have to start listing. I won a Heritage auction 2-3 years ago for around $140 that had a complete run of NM with multiples. The #98 came back at 9.6, and I believe the #87 from the run was only a 9.4. The nice thing was that one of the issues with heavy multiples was #1 with 10 or so copies (there were the same number of #100s (1st and 2nd printings) and #87 2nd as well). :banana:

Good Golly Beejeezus! Just look at today's sales!

New Mutants 1

I used to give these away as freebies with every sale . . . :D

Looks like I have to start listing. I won a Heritage auction 2-3 years ago for around $140 that had a complete run of NM with multiples. The #98 came back at 9.6, and I believe the #87 from the run was only a 9.4. The nice thing was that one of the issues with heavy multiples was #1 with 10 or so copies (there were the same number of #100s (1st and 2nd printings) and #87 2nd as well). :banana:

You don't want to know how many New Mutants #1s I have.

That was one of the "wall books" that I HAD to have in 1990. $7.25 in OPG.

:cry:

So, of course, now I have a couple dozen.

What am I missing on New Mutants 1? Just general tulipmania?

Nothing. Just some guys who finally want to unload the multiple cases they have had in their garage since 1982. What better way than hype up a book that has zero relevance.

Again, the book that matters is MGN #4 and that all depends on what the roster for this impending movie team consists of.

Nothing. Just some guys who finally want to unload the multiple cases they have had in their garage since 1982. What better way than hype up a book that has zero relevance.

Again, the book that matters is MGN #4 and that all depends on what the roster for this impending movie team consists of.

You're such a dink - not everyone thinks MGN's matter. Btw, Donut - Google Fox New Mutants . . . . :grin:

You're such a dink - not everyone thinks MGN's matter at all. Btw, Donut - Google Fox New Mutants . . . . :grin:

Whattauknow, Diva D chimes in. Put up a MGN 9.8 copy on ebay and I'll buy it off ya Diva. lol