• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Does anyone see anything ever being done with Pitt again? Out of instinct I buy #1s when I see them in the cheap-o box because i get transported back to 1993, but i should probably stop.

Although it does seem like getting a 9.8 slabbed might be worth it.

Are you still buying? I'm selling:

58f18a98-8e01-45d7-83ed-3914d1368f5b_zpsshzfogdq.jpg

How about providing some information that will benefit all of us instead of just thinking about ourselves? Hmmm

I provide information now and then. I have been out of the loop for a good 6-8 months though. I posted some insane prices on Mark Jeweler Marvel Team-Ups the other day, but nobody was sure why those had popped (and all from one known seller, meaning it could be based on their rep).

Also, I provide historical perspective, like how Infinity War 1 was a 75 cent book here last year when I dumped 30 copies to someone.

I put a Moon Knight 57 up the other day and it got a high opening bid and watchers in like 3 seconds, how about that?

Edited by the blob

Does anyone see anything ever being done with Pitt again? Out of instinct I buy #1s when I see them in the cheap-o box because i get transported back to 1993, but i should probably stop.

I buy them out of the 3 for $2 box. One of my LCSes seems to toss a few in every week, bagged and boarded and such. I can't help myself. I should really stop.

Wasn't this an issue that had some sort of temporary false scarcity issue due to shipping problems, but ultimately there were probably 500-700,000 copies sold?

yogo, you do youtube videos of your hauls? i don't have sound at the office, so i didn't play one.

this youtube stuff is a whole wacky world, my kid is into this, he was doing videos of opening up pokeman packs but gave up because he decided he wasn't as funny as the older guys who crank them out. i actually encourage him to do something if he thinks it is entertaining. there are people who make a living playing with toys on youtube. my 3 year old is addicted.

Next up....POWER PACK! :whee:

Yup, Theyll be here someday for their 24 hours of fame (thumbs u

Power Pack, at least for a good portion of issues, has been one of the best series put out by Marvel in the eighties. I surely hope they remain "cold" as I have to upgrade/improve my collection, but at last now I have a decent #1 and feel more relaxed. :P

I need to widen my PP collection too. I have a handful of slabs, but would like more. Marvel HAS to pull the trigger sooner or later. Of course, the problem becomes how to use Franklyn since they don't have rights to the FF. Bleh. Franklyn became the best part of that series!

Edited by dane323

What am I missing on New Mutants 1? Just general tulipmania?

Same ol' madness.

I've got probably 20 raw 9.8s that I could really use in slabs right about now.

lol

I find it interesting (ironic) that, on the one hand you evidently believe the fact that a couple of people have maximized their profits on a famous, rare variant reflects a "GIMME GIMME GIMME" mentality,

You continue to repeat your error, because you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what I have said.

Please - try to understand what it is I have actually said, so that you stop repeating things about me that aren't true.

Let me be as plain as I can be: the issue has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone "maximizing their profits."

I don't mean to demean you, and I hate to belabor the point, but it HAS to get through to you: the issue has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone "maximizing their profits."

Once more, with feeling: the issue has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone "maximizing their profits."

If you can sell the book for $10 quintillion dollars, MORE POWER TO YOU.

The issue isn't "maximized profits."

What IS the issue?

That the market keeps SPENDING like this.

If there's someone willing to pay you $10 quintillion dollars, GREAT! By all means, that's wonderful, and you'll be fabulously wealthy.

The issue is that there is someone willing to pay $10 quintillion dollars.

THAT is the issue. That there are people lining up to pay these prices is the issue. And worse, the reasons WHY people are lining up ("I can flip this for even MORE money!"

It's not sustainable.

I really do hope...and honestly, there is no malice on my part...that you have gotten this "RMA thinks people are being GREEDY!" notion out of your head.

and is foretelling the end of days for the hobby in general, because you disagree with what said famous, rare variant sells for. And yet here you are in this thread, slickly cheerleading common, mass produced, copper age schlock (NM 1, MGN 4) that you conveniently have stacks of in a back room somewhere, and that nobody gave a rat's azz about until the announcement of a (possible) movie being made in the next ten years featuring (possibly nothing more than) the title "New Mutants". Interesting to be sure. :eyeroll:

-J.

"Slickly cheerleading"?

You get "slickly cheerleading" from "Same ol' madness. I've got probably 20 raw 9.8s that I could really use in slabs right about now."

Wow.

Spare your contempt, jay, for things that actually deserve it.

Do not make such judgments from a position of error.

Same ol' madness.

lol

I find it interesting (ironic) that, on the one hand you evidently believe the fact that a couple of people have maximized their profits on a famous, rare variant reflects a "GIMME GIMME GIMME" mentality, and is foretelling the end of days for the hobby in general, because you disagree with what said famous, rare variant sells for. And yet here you are in this thread, slickly cheerleading common, mass produced, copper age schlock (NM 1, MGN 4) that you conveniently have stacks of in a back room somewhere, and that nobody gave a rat's azz about until the announcement of a (possible) movie being made in the next ten years featuring (possibly nothing more than) the title "New Mutants". Interesting to be sure. :eyeroll:

-J.

???

Which is broken, your eyes or your brain?

So much more eloquently put than I did.

;)

Same ol' madness.

lol

I find it interesting (ironic) that, on the one hand you evidently believe the fact that a couple of people have maximized their profits on a famous, rare variant reflects a "GIMME GIMME GIMME" mentality,

You continue to repeat your error, because you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what I have said.

Please - try to understand what it is I have actually said, so that you stop repeating things about me that aren't true.

Let me be as plain as I can be: the issue has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone "maximizing their profits."

I don't mean to demean you, and I hate to belabor the point, but it HAS to get through to you: the issue has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone "maximizing their profits."

Once more, with feeling: the issue has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone "maximizing their profits."

If you can sell the book for $10 quintillion dollars, MORE POWER TO YOU.

The issue isn't "maximized profits."

What IS the issue?

That the market keeps SPENDING like this.

If there's someone willing to pay you $10 quintillion dollars, GREAT! By all means, that's wonderful, and you'll be fabulously wealthy.

The issue is that there is someone willing to pay $10 quintillion dollars.

THAT is the issue. That there are people lining up to pay these prices is the issue. And worse, the reasons WHY people are lining up ("I can flip this for even MORE money!"

It's not sustainable.

I really do hope...and honestly, there is no malice on my part...that you have gotten this "RMA thinks people are being GREEDY!" notion out of your head.

and is foretelling the end of days for the hobby in general, because you disagree with what said famous, rare variant sells for. And yet here you are in this thread, slickly cheerleading common, mass produced, copper age schlock (NM 1, MGN 4) that you conveniently have stacks of in a back room somewhere, and that nobody gave a rat's azz about until the announcement of a (possible) movie being made in the next ten years featuring (possibly nothing more than) the title "New Mutants". Interesting to be sure. :eyeroll:

-J.

"Slickly cheerleading"?

You get "slickly cheerleading" from "Same ol' madness. I've got probably 20 raw 9.8s that I could really use in slabs right about now."

Wow.

Spare your contempt, jay, for things that actually deserve it.

Do not make such judgments from a position of error.

Right. I got you. The whole world is wrong and only you are right.

So here is the actual poop that you dropped in another thread:

"$900, $5000, $1,000,000, none of that matters. It's all built on a foundation of nothingness. The book isn't worth that kind of money, and the only reason it sells for that kind of money is because GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

And when the bottom falls out, then what?

If YOU bought it for $900 and sold it for $5,000, YAY! You won the lottery of comics! Congrats!

Now what about all the OTHER "$900 comics" that aren't worth $300 today?

Oh, right, we don't talk about those...."

Geeeez. Talk about "contempt".

And here you are now in this thread, the obvious glee practically dripping from your keyboard as you cross post (in other threads) about NM 1 and MGN 4, boasting about how many dozens of 9.8 copies you have that you are undoubtedly preparing to excrete onto the market to immediately capitalize on this "maybe movie announcement". Wouldn't this sort of conduct be far more potentially hazardous to the hobby than the half dozen sales or so of a rare variant? I suppose you somehow think that box of NM 1 and MGN 4 you have will be "worth" whatever you think you can ultimately get for them.

I don't begrudge you trying to make a buck, but blatant hypocrisy is just not cool.

"GIMME GIMME GIMME" indeed.

-J.

As usual, instead of saying "oh, I guess I misunderstood you. Sorry about that." you do as so many here do, and double down on the arrogant posturing, because you cannot ever admit you might be wrong about anything.

You are the very thing you complain about me.

No, Jay, the whole world isn't wrong, and you are very presumptuous to imagine you speak for the whole world.

"$900, $5000, $1,000,000, none of that matters. It's all built on a foundation of nothingness. The book isn't worth that kind of money, and the only reason it sells for that kind of money is because GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

If YOU bought it for $900 and sold it for $5,000, YAY! You won the lottery of comics! Congrats!

Yes, that's right. Contempt for a market that is mired in madness, that thinks there's no end in sight, that everything will always go up up UP!!, and there has never been a crash.

Contempt, because such thinking destroys lives when the inevitable happens.

You still don't understand: it's not about SELLING...it's about BUYING.

And here you are now in this thread, the obvious glee practically dripping from your keyboard as you cross post (in other threads) about NM 1 and MGN 4, boasting about how many dozens of 9.8 copies you have

You got all of that from: "Same ol' madness. I've got probably 20 raw 9.8s that I could really use in slabs right about now."

Really....?

I mean, really??

Wow.

Yes, because saying "I've got probably 20 raw 9.8s" is boasting, right...?

that you are undoubtedly preparing to excrete onto the market to immediately capitalize on this "maybe movie announcement". Wouldn't this sort of conduct be far more potentially hazardous to the hobby than the half dozen sales or so of a rare variant?

Nope. Because you don't understand it doesn't make it so.

I will tell people...all day long...to not pay ridiculous sums of money for things just because everyone else is paying ridiculous sums of money for them.

I will not, however, say "...and therefore, I cannot sell this to you for the current market price, but must insist you pay a lower price, because: principle."

There is no inconsistency here, Jay. In fact...TELLING people that the item they are currently paying $50 for probably isn't worth $5 is far, far more than most would, and more than the buyer deserves.

If the buyer wants to spend that money, I'm not going to turn him away. If I can convince the buyer that it's not worth the money....AGAINST MY OWN INTERESTS....then I am doing a good thing. If they decide, of their own accord, that it IS...then that's THEIR decision.

That doesn't mean it's not still madness....but that's the way the market works, Jay.

I suppose you somehow think that box of NM 1 and MGN 4 you have will be "worth" whatever you think you can ultimately get for them.

Yup.

Because anything is only worth what someone will pay for it.

I don't begrudge you trying to make a buck, but blatant hypocrisy is just not cool.

True...so why do you engage in it? (See above.)

-J.

That is correct. If the buyer says GIMME GIMME GIMME with FULL knowledge of what they are doing....I'm not going to turn them away.

That's how it works CORRECTLY, Jay.

As usual, instead of saying "oh, I guess I misunderstood you. Sorry about that." you do as so many here do, and double down on the arrogant posturing, because you cannot ever admit you might be wrong about anything.

You are the very thing you complain about me.

No, Jay, the whole world isn't wrong, and you are very presumptuous to imagine you speak for the whole world.

Yes, that's right. Contempt for a market that is mired in madness, that thinks there's no end in sight, that everything will always go up up UP!!, and there has never been a crash.

Contempt, because such thinking destroys lives when the inevitable happens.

You still don't understand: it's not about SELLING...it's about BUYING.

And here you are now in this thread, the obvious glee practically dripping from your keyboard as you cross post (in other threads) about NM 1 and MGN 4, boasting about how many dozens of 9.8 copies you have

You got all of that from: "Same ol' madness. I've got probably 20 raw 9.8s that I could really use in slabs right about now."

Really....?

I mean, really??

Wow.

Yes, because saying "I've got probably 20 raw 9.8s" is boasting, right...?

that you are undoubtedly preparing to excrete onto the market to immediately capitalize on this "maybe movie announcement". Wouldn't this sort of conduct be far more potentially hazardous to the hobby than the half dozen sales or so of a rare variant?

Nope. Because you don't understand it doesn't make it so.

I will tell people...all day long...to not pay ridiculous sums of money for things just because everyone else is paying ridiculous sums of money for them.

I will not, however, say "...and therefore, I cannot sell this to you for the current market price, but must insist you pay a lower price, because: principle."

There is no inconsistency here, Jay. In fact...TELLING people that the item they are currently paying $50 for probably isn't worth $5 is far, far more than most would, and more than the buyer deserves.

If the buyer wants to spend that money, I'm not going to turn him away. If I can convince the buyer that it's not worth the money....AGAINST MY OWN INTERESTS....then I am doing a good thing. If they decide, of their own accord, that it IS...then that's THEIR decision.

That doesn't mean it's not still madness....but that's the way the market works, Jay.

I suppose you somehow think that box of NM 1 and MGN 4 you have will be "worth" whatever you think you can ultimately get for them.

Yup.

Because anything is only worth what someone will pay for it.

True...so why do you engage in it? (See above.)

-J.

That is correct. If the buyer says GIMME GIMME GIMME with FULL knowledge of what they are doing....I'm not going to turn them away.

That's how it works CORRECTLY, Jay.

Okay I got it. (thumbs u

-J.