• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Wait, I'm confused. Darkhawk #1 9.8 @ $2 & 32 watchers? I love Darkhawk but why this one particular seller/issue? hm

Would have been interesting to let that auction ride without saying anything, and seeing how it ended. But I bet when this gets down to the last minute, the auto-bids will start flying.

But, but aren't there about 250K of these out there in HG, buried in longboxes somewhere? ;)

Haha, right.

I'm sure there are copies galore of this book out there is long boxes.

Not 9.8's though.

That's why this book will probably fetch around a 100 bucks.

As always if you don't care for the direction the thread is headed nominate a book that is heating up or potentially heating up and you can right the ship.

So what's heating up in Copper? hm I see that Batman 436 is doing very well in graded 9.8 ss, although off its highs from a few months ago. :grin:

Fixed that...

all sales results

meh.The listings you show are ALL copies of Bat #436, REGARDLESS of grade.

It's not as crazy hot as it was a couple months back.

NM 9.0 to 9.4's get filed into my $10 convention stock boxes.

A true 9.6 or 9.8 is the sorta book that is worth listing on ebay raw as 9.6 or 9.8....but I wouldn't list a dead on 9.8 candidate for less than $100 b/c I'd rather save it and have it signed by Perez at Baltimore and graded onsite.

In fact, I've been buying this book for the past few months at shows and shops and only just this past weekend, I may have picked up a 9.8 candidate at a show.

It was only around $5 haven't unbagged it yet but chances are it's likely got some minute wear on the BC that will keep it out of being CGC SS gradeworthy ....or pressable to 9.8, for that matter.

Actually, the monkey handed dealer who I bought the book from probably jacked the book up himself while he was counting out the sticker prices.I even counted out the prices for him, book by book....total was around $60, so he wouldn't have the chance to mishandle the books but he practically insisted on handling the books himself.If lucky, I may be able to dry clean the BC then humidify and press the book and get a 9.8.

I'll probably just throw it in a Mylite2 + Full Back and pop it into my $10 boxes....along with the other 3-4 sub 9.6 copies I have bought over the past few months.

Grumble,grumble....

Try finding a 9.8 candidate as is, or a copy that is dry clean/pressable into a 9.8, in the wild.

Damn near impossible with that black cover background.

You do that for a couple months, then you'll wholly reconsider why your "fixed list" of ebay sold prices is not exactly all that relevant to the value of that book in 9.8.

Or rather, that fruitless search in itself will show you just why 9.8's are selling like they are.

rantrant

As always if you don't care for the direction the thread is headed nominate a book that is heating up or potentially heating up and you can right the ship.

So what's heating up in Copper? hm I see that Batman 436 is doing very well in graded 9.8 ss, although off its highs from a few months ago. :grin:

Fixed that...

all sales results

You need to show all completed auctions, not just the ones that sold, to paint the picture of how hot it is. If the prices are not all green then it is not red hot IMHO:

All sales

Edited by kimik

I've never gotten such an effusive comment like that....I mean, "2 mylars with buffered acid free boards" was the first thing they noticed, AND it put a smile on their face...? hm

Be glad you never got such a comment...it's usually followed by "and that's why I've decided I'd like to wear your skin as a suit."

Seriously,you have been making me laugh for days....dont make me spit out my nose anymore or ill send you a baconator fart....

Wait, I'm confused. Darkhawk #1 9.8 @ $2 & 32 watchers? I love Darkhawk but why this one particular seller/issue? hm

because there are a couple of thousand people with raw 9.8 copies trying to decide whether to slab them?

I'll admit it. I'm guilty. lol

I'm a little confused by that. The price is probably $95-$120 and has been for a while. Which is most likely at LEAST 3-5 times what anyone paid or a raw. If it hits $135 does that magically make it worth it to slab when it wasn't worth it last week? Its not gonna hit $200 suddenly with a million less BIN's. If it goes at $90 will you suddenly slab and rush to sell before the bottom drops out?

What are people watching for?

It's possible they are watching as a reminder to bid or to snipe and win at a low price.

The title doesn't say CGC, so maybe the watchers think they have stumbled upon something that other buyers may have overlooked.

As the price goes higher, the watch count will go down. 2c

It's possible they are watching as a reminder to bid or to snipe and win at a low price.

The title doesn't say CGC, so maybe the watchers think they have stumbled upon something that other buyers may have overlooked.

Good to hear that this is the case and there isn't some unknown movie in the works. I loose track of which character will be the star of some new Netflick show or get time on the Silver Screen these days. lol

Good to hear that this is the case and there isn't some unknown movie in the works. I loose track of which character will be the star of some new Netflick show or get time on the Silver Screen these days. lol

You would forget that about Darkhawk? :taptaptap:

Avengers: War of Kings

He'll show up at some point :sumo:

2037 is going to be a glorious year. :cloud9:

lol

Man, you're ambitious. I thought 2050 at the earliest.

I'm a dreamer.

I'm sure we'll get a proper relaunch of Darkhawk in the near future. The original title ran for 50 issues and is very fondly remembered by many. That will spike interest.

Avengers: War of Kings

He'll show up at some point :sumo:

2037 is going to be a glorious year. :cloud9:

lol

Man, you're ambitious. I thought 2050 at the earliest.

I'm a dreamer.

I'm sure we'll get a proper relaunch of Darkhawk in the near future. The original title ran for 50 issues and is very fondly remembered by many. That will spike interest.

I am kinda surprised he hasn't already.