• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

The Sandman 4 look like a VF 7.5 to VF 8.0.

I have nothing against either you or David.

$_57.JPG

But I would have to question your grading if you called this a 7.5-8.0 candidate. Are you assuming a 9.4 (NM) is not allowed any spine stress lines? Even the grading section of Overstreet states a 9.4 is allowed a couple (and just a couple) of spine stress lines.

Or were you confusing the wild cover design as actual torn pieces, and those are the inner pages?

Dear copperagekids,

Your packaging was outstanding. The comic arrived in perfect condition and is exactly like you said a "SOLID CGC 9.8 CANDIDATE". In 2 mylars with buffered acid free boards did not go unnoticed...on the contrary, it was the 1st thing I noticed and that put a smile on my face. This one will be sent to my cgc affiliate for signatures and grading.

The way you shipped it spoke volumes of your character, your professionalism, your dedication and respect toward this industry.

Just yesterday, another seller wrote saying that I was demanding, ridiculous, impatient and immature. I know he was wrong but still, it hurt.

I thoroughly enjoyed our transaction and have already added you to my best sellers list. Hope that the feedback I left for you adequately conveyed my appreciation and gratitude for all that you did.

Thank you very, very much, ed

This sounds like you wrote it.

Did you write it?

Or, did you solicit it?

This is not a natural, spontaneous response.

Woah.

Books of divad's I've had issues with before. Overgrading and lying to people in descriptions. I can't be believe people still support him or give his raw auctions any credence whatsoever.

Man Who Laughs

Sandman 4

Divad overgrades and intentionally misleads buyer by claiming SSM #90 is the First Black Costume

Divad claims VOB book is a 9.9 in listing but doesn't get it slabbed.

Funny, how every single one of those buyers left stellar feedback for the books they bought. Except you, who have never bought a single item from me, ever. The buyer of the 9.9 VOB is a Board Member who doesn't leave feedback due to confidentiality, and he laughed all the way to the bank on that one. SWEET copy. Now in an SS 9.9 slab. And he's come back for more "overgraded" books. The joke's on you Transplant, and every time you look in a mirror. :grin:

First, you all need to chill and tell the community what copper books are heating up lol. Divad loves tooting his own horn, I'd recommend you block him if it really annoys ya Transplant.

Divad, according to the census there is no 9.9SS of this book, and I know from cgc the census was updated not long ago. So who is the mystery boardie? Only asking as I'm looking for this book.

:popcorn:

Books of divad's I've had issues with before. Overgrading and lying to people in descriptions. I can't be believe people still support him or give his raw auctions any credence whatsoever.

Man Who Laughs

Sandman 4

Divad overgrades and intentionally misleads buyer by claiming SSM #90 is the First Black Costume

The one example in this regard that pops to mind is when he sold an Alpha Flight 17, which by then had clearly been established to not be the first appearance of Big Hero Six, as the "first appearance by their creators" or some other similar nonsense that may have been factually correct, but which was meaningless in regards to what pretty much any collector actually is interested in, and clearly intended to lead people to believe they were buying a legit first appearance, which collectors do look for.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

The Sandman 4 look like a VF 7.5 to VF 8.0.

I have nothing against either you or David.

$_57.JPG

But I would have to question your grading if you called this a 7.5-8.0 candidate. Are you assuming a 9.4 (NM) is not allowed any spine stress lines? Even the grading section of Overstreet states a 9.4 is allowed a couple (and just a couple) of spine stress lines.

Or were you confusing the wild cover design as actual torn pieces, and those are the inner pages?

So true. It's not a VF copy. It's higher. But it's not the 9.6 claimed in the listing. For proof of that, just look at the back cover.

So true. It's not a VF copy. It's higher. But it's not the 9.6 claimed in the listing. For proof of that, just look at the back cover.

Am I looking at the right listing, as when I go to the link provided it shows 'NM' in the header and the description area?

SANDMAN #4 Apr 1989 DC NM 1st App LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR Neil GAIMAN HOT

SANDMAN #4 Apr 1989 DC NM 1st App LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR Neil GAIMAN HOT!

I didn't see a back cover scan. But from the front cover, that appears to be a 9.4 candidate.

Am I looking at the right listing, as when I go to the link provided it shows 'NM' in the header and the description area?

I didn't see a back cover scan. But from the front cover, that appears to be a 9.4 candidate.

The listing I see says:

SANDMAN #4 Apr 1989 DC NM+ 9.6 W 1st App LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR Neil GAIMAN TV HOT!

Are you looking at the one from ranxerox9254? That's not divad.

Man Who Laughs

Sandman 4

Funny, how every single one of those buyers left stellar feedback for the books they bought. Except you, who have never bought a single item from me, ever. The buyer of the 9.9 VOB is a Board Member who doesn't leave feedback due to confidentiality, and he laughed all the way to the bank on that one. SWEET copy. Now in an SS 9.9 slab. And he's come back for more "overgraded" books. The joke's on you Transplant, and every time you look in a mirror. :grin:

(shrug)(shrug)

Bane%20no%2099_zpsizchepwl.jpg

Man Who Laughs

Sandman 4

(shrug)(shrug)

You didn't look in the secret census.

Man Who Laughs

Sandman 4

(shrug)(shrug)

he didn't say CGC SS.

Could be Nazi SS, US Secret Service, Super Salami, etc

PGX SS.

Or maybe the other guys . . . :baiting:

btw, when was the census last updated? last week? last month? before San Diego? hm

I received a batch of comics on Monday to my house. I've only checked like 5 of them, but they were all on the census.

The listing I see says:

SANDMAN #4 Apr 1989 DC NM+ 9.6 W 1st App LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR Neil GAIMAN TV HOT!

this one?