• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

#FreeDivad

You guys act like he should be hanged and burned at the stake! This isn't Comic-Keys we are talking about here. If you don't like Divad's grading or any other seller's grading then don't buy from him, Blasting him on here and calling him out on every little thing he does is absurd. You guys aren't protecting the integrity of the comic book community, you're making it look bad. Shall we blast Superworld, Comiclink, Harley Yee and Greg Reese on here when we see them make a mistake or over grade a book on eBay? What makes Divad and different than any other comic seller on eBay? Favoritism?

They're not in this thread touting sales prices predicated may times on dishonesty. Overgrading is even one thing, but he's been shown to outright lie in the description for a book.

I don't doubt he does so on occasion but we all are guilty of that , occasionally.The question is if it is done intentionally in an effort to decieve.....but even then, if he has no unhappy buyers...and wants to continue to make good profits from HG listings, then he isn't going to push maliciously push the envelope.

Quoted for posterity.

Yeah. You may want to elaborate or explain that one better, CAK.

I typed that on my cell, hence the repetitive typo in the last sentence....and the "but even then" was part of a nonsequitor which I did not finish typing, actually...which is why the apparently underlying sentiment looked sketchy.

And what I meant to type is this, without retreading through all of my posts to clear myself of some apparent wrong doing...ugh.

If the seller of book, advertised as solid 9.8 CGC candidates, has only happy buyers (and will offer refunds to unhappy buyers, all shipping included) and is grading strictly (no soft grading) then he is operating on solid moral ground.

As the 4 buyers who bought copies of Preacher # 42 from me have pretty much emphatically stated.I'm not taking anyone to the cleaner's.I sold the books at $35,$40,$40 and $45 (shipped) while the last sale in GPA shows $103....with a BIN at $150 and another BIN listed at $300.

If my buyers don't have a problem with the books that I sold , no one on this forum should (tsk)

with that said, it is a good lesson for seller's not to be a slave to recent completed sales prices. someone needs to be the highest sale, why not you?
Because I don't sell books that look like that to unsophisticated buyers as a raw 9.8.

that's not what i am saying. put aside what you think that grade actually is. i see the spine ticks too and someone can make an informed decision. if you had a raw copy of that book you felt was a strong 9.8 candidate would you put it up for a $36 opening bid when that is practically what slabs are selling for? i'll give divad credit, he has cajones and sometimes it pays off.

I might if I was absolutely sure it was a 9.8. Frankly, I would probably call it a 9.6 or better. It's been discussed ad nauseam here, he overgrades on some of his ebay listings. That's not cajones. That is either an inability to grade 9.8s or it is deliberately taking advantage of buyers who can't grade for themselves.

You're the only thing ad nauseum around here. :sick: All you sell is manufactured plastic collectibles. You couldn't grade your way out the hole you live in. lol

Uh, no offense. :grin:

Next grading contest. You both enter and one comes out alive. :sumo:

I've already offered to select a number of divad's raw listings, have them sent to a neutral 3rd party and let CGC's grade be the judge of the results. I believe I offered to let the graded slabs be auctioned off for a charity of the winner's choice. He has declined.

In fairness, RMA thinks this is not a fair test to divad as (I believe this was the objection) divad has everything to lose and nothing to gain. But, when someone comes touting extraordinary results from selling UHG raw books on ebay, many of which appear to be overgraded, I feel no compulsion to remain silent. To divad's credit, he provides reasonably large scans. I just think people buying his overgraded books (some but not all of his offerings) can't grade, don't pay attention or don't care. That doesn't make them any less overgraded.

Divid has 100% positive feedback on eBay, and unless you have bought a comic advertised from him as a 9.8 and have been displeased, I think what you are proposing is unfair to Divad.

I have thousands of dollars worth of books that are all solid CGC 9.8 candidates, but I do not want to tie up $25.20 (modern grade fee + fast track minus my 10% membership discount) on having them graded and then selling them for an average of $100 when I get them back from CGC.Call it $30 per book in shipping/grading cost, at the least.

Multiply that $30 figure by 100 and that is how many books that I could package up and mail off to CGC for grading in a few days.And I'd still have likely another 100 books with GPA's around $100 but I'd rather spend the money on grading books to get bigger returns.I simply don't have the cash to have a 100 moderns graded, in a shot and then wait 2-3 months (from when the books were shipped to CGC) to be able to *start* to get any of my money back.

I recently gave Divad's 9.8 raw selling approach a test run and sold through all of the Preacher # 42 candidates which I graded as 9.8, save one of them(the last b/c I just didn't have time to ship it out and refunded the buyer instead).

I received positive feedback from all 4 buyers who received a raw Preacher 42 from me, which I graded as a 9.8.I will continue on listing raw boks that I have, which I don't want to spend money on having graded.......like Wolverine 66 (picked up a raw 9.6 and a raw 9.8 recently and I'll list them as such on eBay for $30-$50 each BIN))...Dark Horse Presents 1....same grades.

Preacher # 8...got a few of them, as well.And so on.

Two of the 4 buyers of the Preacher # 42 9.8 raws even sent me a message, after they gave me positive feedback on ebay, praising the raw preacher 42 9.8 they received from me and my packaging methods.

FTR, GPA shows the last Preacher 42 9.8 sale at around $100 via an auction listing on eBay.

Here is a copy of one of the messages, it clearly shows that the buyer will be subbing the book I sold to him and he is confident he'll get a 9.8 out of it.

Dear copperagekids,

Your packaging was outstanding. The comic arrived in perfect condition and is exactly like you said a "SOLID CGC 9.8 CANDIDATE". In 2 mylars with buffered acid free boards did not go unnoticed...on the contrary, it was the 1st thing I noticed and that put a smile on my face. This one will be sent to my cgc affiliate for signatures and grading.

The way you shipped it spoke volumes of your character, your professionalism, your dedication and respect toward this industry.

Just yesterday, another seller wrote saying that I was demanding, ridiculous, impatient and immature. I know he was wrong but still, it hurt.

I thoroughly enjoyed our transaction and have already added you to my best sellers list. Hope that the feedback I left for you adequately conveyed my appreciation and gratitude for all that you did.

Thank you very, very much, ed

ON A RELATED NOTE. I used to do data entry at the IRS. One time I got a bonus of $5.11 for the whole week for speed and accuracy. It was my only bonus during my tenure there.

Also, I once caught a Sammy Sosa home run ball at a mets game when I was 17. Barehand like a boss.

I made a really good steak two weeks ago. just salt and pepper, then 1 minute each on a pre-heated cast iron grill pan, then 2 mintues each side in the pre-heated oven. My wife said it was the best steak she had all year. And she's had at least 3 steaks this year.

Does anyone else have any other stuff they want to brag about?

You misread my post entirely.

My point was that you can sell raw books as 9.8 if you know how to grade correctly, package books correctly and don't treat your buyers like jerkoffs.

Granted, I only listed 4 books like this but EVERY SINGLE BUYER emphatically stated that he was very happy with the book's condition and the packaging the books were sent in.

If I were to grade softly, I would not have received 100% positive feedback on the FOUR raw 9.8's that I sold.

If my grading was the least bit off the mark ,as in any of my raw 9.8's were graded softly and I thought had a chance at getting 9.6's...which I clearly do NOT think any would receive 9.6's by CGC , I would not have had the positive feedback I had, nor would I have had 2 buyers sending me FOLLOW UP MESSAGES thanking me for the book's and the packing job...one buyer telling me he was saving me as a favorite seller and the other buyer giving me his Preacher want list numbers.

The point of my post above was not to pay myself on the back but to illustrate that if you know how to grade and treat your buyers fairly, you will have happy buyers and repeat customers.

As is illustrated with 4 outright glowingly positive feedbacks.

#FreeDivad

You guys act like he should be hanged and burned at the stake! This isn't Comic-Keys we are talking about here. If you don't like Divad's grading or any other seller's grading then don't buy from him, Blasting him on here and calling him out on every little thing he does is absurd. You guys aren't protecting the integrity of the comic book community, you're making it look bad. Shall we blast Superworld, Comiclink, Harley Yee and Greg Reese on here when we see them make a mistake or over grade a book on eBay? What makes Divad and different than any other comic seller on eBay? Favoritism?

They don't post in this thread about their outlier sales of comics that are not heating up by any reasonable definition. He brings the scrutiny upon himself.

Why don't you just go count your money and continue not caring about comics?

Lazyboy couldn't sell beef in the lion's den. No one cares more about comics than I do. Count money? Get a real job. :roflmao:

#FreeDivad

They're not in this thread touting sales prices predicated may times on dishonesty. Overgrading is even one thing, but he's been shown to outright lie in the description for a book.

Every time you post something like this people see right through you. You should change your name from transplant to transparent. I am neither dishonest, nor have I ever lied. Outright,? Bob Overstreet says you're wrong. Is he a liar too? lol Overgrade? I just grade better than you do, which frankly isn't that difficult because you never sell raw books - no spine. :grin:

Books of divad's I've had issues with before. Overgrading and lying to people in descriptions. I can't be believe people still support him or give his raw auctions any credence whatsoever.

Man Who Laughs

Sandman 4

Divad overgrades and intentionally misleads buyer by claiming SSM #90 is the First Black Costume

Divad claims VOB book is a 9.9 in listing but doesn't get it slabbed.

Funny, how every single one of those buyers left stellar feedback for the books they bought. Except you, who have never bought a single item from me, ever. The buyer of the 9.9 VOB is a Board Member who doesn't leave feedback due to confidentiality, and he laughed all the way to the bank on that one. SWEET copy. Now in an SS 9.9 slab. And he's come back for more "overgraded" books. The joke's on you Transplant, and every time you look in a mirror. :grin:

#FreeDivad

They don't post in this thread about their outlier sales of comics that are not heating up by any reasonable definition. He brings the scrutiny upon himself.

Lazyboy couldn't sell beef in the lion's den. No one cares more about comics than I do. Count money? Get a real job. :roflmao:

I guess Lazyboy is into poverty, I'm not

Books of divad's I've had issues with before. Overgrading and lying to people in descriptions. I can't be believe people still support him or give his raw auctions any credence whatsoever.

Man Who Laughs

Sandman 4

Divad overgrades and intentionally misleads buyer by claiming SSM #90 is the First Black Costume

Alright....

The Sandman 4 look like a VF 7.5 to VF 8.0.

The SS 90 technically does tie as the 1st Black Costume, along with ASM 252 and MTU 141...I think everyone knows that.Anyone who can look in a Overstreet can see that for themselves.

His grading is soft on this one too....his grade of NM 9.4 looks like an 8.0 to me.

I'm not going to argue back and forth about listing a book as a 9.9.....and I didn't see any flaws which would put the Batman Man Who Laughs outside of being a 9.8.Granted, I did not scrutinize the book all that much, either...don't really care to open the book up in a different browser and save it as a jpeg, in order to see it completely as with these big pics, my desktop is a PITA to scroll all the way to see the outer edges of the book.

That said, despite his grading on those 2 books, I am not going to publically try to shame him, or whatever it is that your crusade seems to be going on over.

You're missing the point. No one is arguing his business model of selling UHG raw books. They're arguing about whether what he's calling UHG is really UHG. It pretty clear from several examples that he overgrades on occasion.

Transparent - Let's see some of your listings. Ashamed? hm You let others do your lying for you? Got any plastic for sale? :roflmao:

Man Who Laughs

Sandman 4

Funny, how every single one of those buyers left stellar feedback for the books they bought. Except you, who have never bought a single item from me, ever. The buyer of the 9.9 VOB is a Board Member who doesn't leave feedback due to confidentiality, and he laughed all the way to the bank on that one. SWEET copy. Now in an SS 9.9 slab. And he's come back for more "overgraded" books. The joke's on you Transplant, and every time you look in a mirror. :grin:

First, you all need to chill and tell the community what copper books are heating up lol. Divad loves tooting his own horn, I'd recommend you block him if it really annoys ya Transplant.

Divad, according to the census there is no 9.9SS of this book, and I know from cgc the census was updated not long ago. So who is the mystery boardie? Only asking as I'm looking for this book.

#FreeDivad

??? Seriously?

"They", "their" = other comic sellers on eBay

"He", "himself" = divad

"you" = Kevin76, who has made numerous comments in the past (in this thread alone) about only caring about comics as far as how much money he can get by selling them AND is the poster I was replying to at the time

I wouldn't say you (divad, whose post I am currently replying to) don't care about comics, regardless of your other faults... like lack of reading comprehension, for example.

#FreeDivad

??? Seriously?

"They", "their" = other comic sellers on eBay

"He", "himself" = divad

"you" = Kevin76, who has made numerous comments in the past (in this thread alone) about only caring about comics as far as how much money he can get by selling them AND is the poster I was replying to at the time

I wouldn't say you (divad, whose post I am currently replying to) don't care about comics, regardless of your other faults... like lack of reading comprehension, for example.

What's so bad about that? What do you want to me to do? Care about the quality of the artwork and ooo and ahh at the writing? After being in comics on and off for the past 26 years, I'm past that.

wow, this is really spinning away, i just want to know what subliminal messages he hides in his listings to get people to buy these books, occasionally, at these prices, because plenty of other copies of the same books are up for sale and those scans look as "9.8" (meaning it's hard to figure it out from a scan anyway) and they sell for $3.

wow, this is really spinning away, i just want to know what subliminal messages he hides in his listings to get people to buy these books, occasionally, at these prices, because plenty of other copies of the same books are up for sale and those scans look as "9.8" (meaning it's hard to figure it out from a scan anyway) and they sell for $3.

You're right!

k0ld7k.jpg

Dear copperagekids,

Your packaging was outstanding. The comic arrived in perfect condition and is exactly like you said a "SOLID CGC 9.8 CANDIDATE". In 2 mylars with buffered acid free boards did not go unnoticed...on the contrary, it was the 1st thing I noticed and that put a smile on my face. This one will be sent to my cgc affiliate for signatures and grading.

The way you shipped it spoke volumes of your character, your professionalism, your dedication and respect toward this industry.

Just yesterday, another seller wrote saying that I was demanding, ridiculous, impatient and immature. I know he was wrong but still, it hurt.

I thoroughly enjoyed our transaction and have already added you to my best sellers list. Hope that the feedback I left for you adequately conveyed my appreciation and gratitude for all that you did.

Thank you very, very much, ed

This sounds like you wrote it.

Did you write it?

Or, did you solicit it?

This is not a natural, spontaneous response.

#FreeDivad

Maybe because he uses these boards to advertise his eBay offerings? (shrug)

#FreeDivad

Maybe because he uses these boards to advertise his eBay offerings? (shrug)

So what? It's called marketing.