• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Avengers: War of Kings

He'll show up at some point :sumo:

2037 is going to be a glorious year. :cloud9:

lol

Man, you're ambitious. I thought 2050 at the earliest.

I'm a dreamer.

I'm sure we'll get a proper relaunch of Darkhawk in the near future. The original title ran for 50 issues and is very fondly remembered by many. That will spike interest.

I am kinda surprised he hasn't already.

Im not. Just hoarders here hoping.

lol

I'm a dreamer.

I'm sure we'll get a proper relaunch of Darkhawk in the near future. The original title ran for 50 issues and is very fondly remembered by many. That will spike interest.

No kidding. Look at when the original series existed and understand that that is the (only) reason why it existed and lasted more than 4 issues.

lol

I'm a dreamer.

No kidding. Look at when the original series existed and understand that that is the (only) reason why it existed and lasted more than 4 issues.

It doesn't stop fans from now routinely paying $100+ for Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8.

The fans of DH grew up during that time period and don't have a negative bias towards the grim n' grit takeover of the late 80s/early 90s. He was also became more of a cosmic character later on and those are currently en vogue. Lots of different directions that character can go with a new creative team.

You're not going to find many examples of DC/Marvel characters in the last 25 years who have had a series last 50+ issues in the main universe that haven't been given a proper relaunch this long after their series ended.

Plus, he was a New Warriors member, a Loner and then there's his War of Kings and Avengers Arena involvement. He has fans, not just people waiting to cash in.

Full disclosure, I have a ton of copies and it's not because I plan to resell them.

Full disclosure, I have a ton of copies and it's not because I plan to resell them.

This makes no sense to me. Why have more than one copy if you don't plan on eventually reselling them? Two copies I can understand, your reader and your untouched high-grade. But "tons"?

Some like having multiples of the same issues and it's not like we're talking about AF15s here. Most were purchased dirt cheap. It's a nostalgia kick in the face flipping through a short box of Darkhawk #1s.

This makes no sense to me. Why have more than one copy if you don't plan on eventually reselling them? Two copies I can understand, your reader and your untouched high-grade. But "tons"?

Quit kidding yourself. I got np with hoarding I do it as well. Just don't kid yourself.

The fans of DH grew up during that time period and don't have a negative bias towards the grim n' grit takeover of the late 80s/early 90s. He was also became more of a cosmic character later on and those are currently en vogue. Lots of different directions that character can go with a new creative team.

You're not going to find many examples of DC/Marvel characters in the last 25 years who have had a series last 50+ issues in the main universe that haven't been given a proper relaunch this long after their series ended.

Plus, he was a New Warriors member, a Loner and then there's his War of Kings and Avengers Arena involvement. He has fans, not just people waiting to cash in.

You're pushing the title hard, but I pulled a few out of the discount bins in the 90's, read them, and wished I had my dollar back. I'll take a Quasar from the same period over a Darkhawk any day of the week.

Some like having multiples of the same issues and it's not like we're talking about AF15s here. Most were purchased dirt cheap. It's a nostalgia kick in the face flipping through a short box of Darkhawk #1s.

Someone should start an Official DarkHawk Apprection Thread (and keep this discussion there . . . ) :grin: