• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I'm on the "no one cares" side.

I've heard of Tim Truman because he worked on Star Wars at Dark Horse. Never read the stuff, but lots of people did. You'd figure at least some of those readers would've seen Truman's name on Scout and tried it. If they did, no one said a word, because I've barely even heard of it.

The same people hoarding Dreadstar will also pick up Scout, and it'll all end up back in dollar bins in a short while.

Your experience alone does not define reality

What do you think the monthly sales were for the book?

75-100K at its peak would not surprise me. True, some of this was going into back issue dealer stock, not necessarily people buying it off the rack.

So like a really popular book today.

I've heard of Tim Truman because he worked on Star Wars at Dark Horse. Never read the stuff, but lots of people did. You'd figure at least some of those readers would've seen Truman's name on Scout and tried it. If they did, no one said a word, because I've barely even heard of it.

The same people hoarding Dreadstar will also pick up Scout, and it'll all end up back in dollar bins in a short while.

tree fitty

You're probably closer than you think lol

This fellow is not going to like your post.

So, what I like sucks and what you like is awesome. Got it.

(:

I never said it sucked. I just don't think most people would care if that property were made into a movie.

75-100K at its peak would not surprise me. True, some of this was going into back issue dealer stock, not necessarily people buying it off the rack.

It would absolutely shock me if it sold anywhere near 100K. Not indicative of quality, I just don't think indie books were selling those numbers regularly.

tree fitty

(:

I never said it sucked. I just don't think most people would care if that property were made into a movie.

Let's see. You may be surprised. Hopefully this opens the door for other Eclipse, First and Pacific properties.

:wishluck:

lol comparing Time Beavers to Scout is like comparing Mike Goldens Bucky O'hare to Nam. Just saying.

Scout is a brilliant book I don't know that the 2/20 ratio meant but I assure you there are a lot more fans of the series out there. Good to hear that some folks in TV land are thinking a lil outside the box these days!

Not at all. Just your comparison sucks

The same people hoarding Dreadstar will also pick up Scout, and it'll all end up back in dollar bins in a short while

Interpretation: The lemmings havent pumped and dumped it yet, so it MUST suck!

The sales were excellent actually. This was published at a time when people actually read comic books and set forth a platform for the next generation of Indie and creative control publishers/creators.

Theres so many good reasons to pick this book up and give it renewed interest, "I THINK that the sales were bad" is not one of them

lol As much as I'd love to see a Badger movie made, I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

tree fitty

(:

Let's see. You may be surprised. Hopefully this opens the door for other Eclipse, First and Pacific properties.

:wishluck:

lol As much as I'd love to see a Badger movie made, I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

Edited by Logan510

The sales were excellent actually. This was published at a time when people actually read comic books and set forth a platform for the next generation of Indie and creative control publishers/creators.

Theres so many good reasons to pick this book up and give it renewed interest, "I THINK that the sales were bad" is not one of them

Can I actually see some proof of that?

lol comparing Time Beavers to Scout is like comparing Mike Goldens Bucky O'hare to Nam. Just saying.

Scout is a brilliant book I don't know that the 2/20 ratio meant but I assure you there are a lot more fans of the series out there. Good to hear that some folks in TV land are thinking a lil outside the box these days!

Not at all. Just your comparison sucks

What comparison? I said I liked Time Beavers (shrug)

It would absolutely shock me if it sold anywhere near 100K. Not indicative of quality, I just don't think indie books were selling those numbers regularly.

Frankly, I have no idea. I have read that at some point Miraclemen, also being published by Eclipse, was over 100K, but I guess that was a more established brand. I could not find anything on scout. Certainly saw a lot of eclipse books in 25 and 50 cent boxes back in the 90s, so I figured a fair amount were printed, which, true, is not circulation. didn't eclipse keep a chunk of extra copies back at the warehouse, which later got flooded?

Frankly, I have no idea. I have read that at some point Miraclemen, also being published by Eclipse, was over 100K, but I guess that was a more established brand. I could not find anything on scout. Certainly saw a lot of eclipse books in 25 and 50 cent boxes back in the 90s, so I figured a fair amount were printed, which, true, is not circulation. didn't eclipse keep a chunk of extra copies back at the warehouse, which later got flooded?

Standard Catalog of Comics shows Capitol City Distribution orders of #1 at 7500 down to mid 5000's for later issues. Not sure where else it was being distibuted at the time. Not likely it was anywhere close to 100,000.

That number seems low for that era. Not as much for the early issues as a new title, but it hung around 24 issues. I feel like I have seen enough of these in cheap boxes that the number would be bigger. Wasn't eclipse selling directly? They had that warehouse full of comics that flooded, no?

What do they say about the Miraclemen issues? Because I know some of those had to be printed in huge numbers if I own like 6 or 7 of them.

That number seems low for that era. Not as much for the early issues as a new title, but it hung around 24 issues. I feel like I have seen enough of these in cheap boxes that the number would be bigger. Wasn't eclipse selling directly? They had that warehouse full of comics that flooded, no?

What do they say about the Miraclemen issues? Because I know some of those had to be printed in huge numbers if I own like 6 or 7 of them.

Miracleman had a high of 20,600. Keep in mind that capitol city distributed an estimated 20% of the books for the smaller companies that did not have newstand distribution (some more, some less). This is an estimate as the % sold for Eclipse is not shown. Percentages for First Comics & Kitchen Sink are shown & do fall into the 20% average sales. I don't believe that Eclipse had newstand distribution at the time.

Estimated numbers would put Scout #1 around 37,500 & Miracleman #1 around 103,000.

Timothy Truman's Scout Comic Book Optioned For Film

23188-3541-25858-1-scout.jpg

It looks like yet another comic book adaptation is heading for the big screen - just don’t except to see any superhero suiting up in this flick. In an exclusive report, Deadline has confirmed that Studio 8 optioned Scout for a live-action film.

Created by Timothy Truman, Scout follows a man named Emanuel Santana in a dystopian, third-world reimagining of the U.S. The former world power has been outcasted by other nations due to its excessive greed and harmful ecological practices. Weighed down by political sanctions, the U.S. falls into disarray and embraces loose, criminal morals. The story’s hero is an Apache ex-ranger who starts out by investigating the mysterious disappearance of a young women. However, it isn’t long before he uncovers a huge, violent government conspiracy that threatens to destroy the country for good.

Truman will acts as a consultant on the project while Braden Aftergood will produce. Chris MacBride will adapt and direct the live-action film, making Scout his newest pet project. Recently, the director sold his pitch for a sci-fi thriller movie sourced from the Amnesia comics. He also sold a thriller titled Echo back in 2014 and is working on a spy thriller for MRC at the moment.

:whee:

About freaking time!Scout is probably one of the most overlooked series in like EVER!.

And heres something for you guys to look for REGARDLESS of Scout being one of he best books to be published in the 80s or not..

Just showing some love for this rare beauty

mini_cover.jpg

Got one! It came in the album Tim recorded with his band.I picked up an unopened Minty fresh copy of the album a few years back to complete my Scout set.

Also we may get to see Monday the Eliminator and some cool battle suits

This could be big if done right.

Timothy Truman's Scout Comic Book Optioned For Film

23188-3541-25858-1-scout.jpg

It looks like yet another comic book adaptation is heading for the big screen - just don’t except to see any superhero suiting up in this flick. In an exclusive report, Deadline has confirmed that Studio 8 optioned Scout for a live-action film.

Created by Timothy Truman, Scout follows a man named Emanuel Santana in a dystopian, third-world reimagining of the U.S. The former world power has been outcasted by other nations due to its excessive greed and harmful ecological practices. Weighed down by political sanctions, the U.S. falls into disarray and embraces loose, criminal morals. The story’s hero is an Apache ex-ranger who starts out by investigating the mysterious disappearance of a young women. However, it isn’t long before he uncovers a huge, violent government conspiracy that threatens to destroy the country for good.

Truman will acts as a consultant on the project while Braden Aftergood will produce. Chris MacBride will adapt and direct the live-action film, making Scout his newest pet project. Recently, the director sold his pitch for a sci-fi thriller movie sourced from the Amnesia comics. He also sold a thriller titled Echo back in 2014 and is working on a spy thriller for MRC at the moment.

:whee:

About freaking time!Scout is probably one of the most overlooked series in like EVER!.

That's 3! 3 people loved the Scout series.

:insane:

On a serious note, I totally agree with you Toz!

Count me in the Scout fan club, though I don't think I own any of the books anymore. But this was right up my alley as a comic reader growing up in the 80's. Love Truman's stuff.