• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Ultimate Comics is Durham, NC bags and boards every new issue then charges you extra for them when you purchase. If you dont want to pay the extra charge, they manhandle your books pretty good when removing them. Needless to say, I bought one book there once.

When I worked at CC's Comics & Collectibles in Wilmington, NC in the early 90's, the shop owner was so paranoid about bag/price switching that he heat sealed every back issue. Of course that also made you buy new bags for every back issue you bought as it would get destroyed when you opened it to read.

expect to see some movement on Bone Cartoon books! WB 3 movie trilogy plans :whee:

Bone #1 (first printing) is an interesting one. Many copies are signed on the cover from "back-in-the-day", so the CGC green label is common. I wonder if that's going to be a bad thing, or if the market will recognize the situation. hm

are there any one's worth collecting other than the #1?

I would assume some of the first appearance books will become valuable, but I can't name those quickly. I assume #2 and #3 have some first appearances.

The "pre-Bone #1" book that's definitely worth trying to find is Thorn.

http://boneville.wikia.com/wiki/Thorn_(comic_strip)

Is the Cerebus preview any good?

I only recall a Cerebus back up story that was published in Nucleus (?) about before issue #3 so you must have some top secret info? :hi:

Cerebus 161 has a Bone preview... not SUPER widely known, but definitely not top secret info. :baiting:

I lik this book, and have a couple tucked away, but it never seems to catch on with Bone collectors. By issue 161, my recollection is that Cerebus was past its sales peak, but I'd be willing to bet that the issue is more plentiful than Bone 1.

Do we know anything about the print run numbers for the Bone #1 later printings?

1st printing was July 1991

2nd printing was March 1992 (same time as Bone #4)

3rd printing was September 1992 (after Bone #5)

4th printing was January 1993 (after Bone #7)

CGC has graded a 9th printing Bone #1 dated August 1994 (same time as Bone #15)

Was there a 10th printing?

Any idea on the number of copies?