• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2017 at 11:01 PM, Philflound said:

I agree that these 2 books are going to climb, at least for a few months. I remember in the mid-1990s when #25 especially was hot due to the whole Prof X dying. I stocked up on about 20 copies at the time.

Little disappointed that this is not supposed to be in  the marvel universe despite reference to mutants

On 2/19/2017 at 7:49 PM, divad said:

C'mon guys . . . there are tons of Copper books heating up!  Whoever thought Flash 1 (1987) would be a $100+ book???

I have a feeling lots of these mid-1980s will heat up. I'm going through Marvel Team-Up and comparing my personal collection to an extra good run to "upgrade" if necessary. It seems books that have been in my collection, some bought straight off shelves are 8.0-9.0. I'm so surprised, though as a teenager, I don't think I paid too much attention to perfection back then.

I don't think Byrne Superman will do much, but Wonder Woman #1 seems to be climbing steadily. Just like the Flash mentioned, here's one that sold over $100 too.

Wonder Woman #1 9.8

Hopefully folks held on to those Judas Contract issues.

Remember the fan-based series the previous year?

Nightwing: The Series

Well, watch those as a warmup, as here comes the movie.

Warner Bros. Plotting Live-Action 'Nightwing' Movie With 'Lego Batman Movie' Director (Exclusive)

splitmckaynighwing.jpg

Warner Bros. is plotting a new DC superhero film based on the Batman-centric character Nightwing.

Chris McKay, who most recently directed The Lego Batman Movie for Warner Bros., is in negotiations to helm the new film, and Bill Dubuque (The Accountant) is writing the --script.

Nightwing, aka Grayson, is perhaps best known for being the original Robin. Grayson was the youngest member of a family of acrobats known as the Flying Graysons. He was created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger and illustrator Jerry Robinson, and first introduced in Detective Comics No. 38 in April 1940. After his parents were murdered, he was taken in as the legal ward of Bruce Wayne/Batman. He then became Robin and teamed up with the Dark Knight on many an adventure to fight crime in the city of Gotham.

On 2/23/2017 at 3:45 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hopefully folks held on to those Judas Contract issues.

Remember the fan-based series the previous year?

Nightwing: The Series

Well, watch those as a warmup, as here comes the movie.

Warner Bros. Plotting Live-Action 'Nightwing' Movie With 'Lego Batman Movie' Director (Exclusive)

splitmckaynighwing.jpg

As per usual, I put my copy up on eBay right before the announcement.

Nice stash. How many are 9.8? 

Almost every CDN newsstand copy I have come across has at list one tiny color breaking ding due to the black cover. 

Edited by kimik

10 hours ago, Fantastic Thor said:

I think there are a few ebay 9.75 s in there 

greggy's story: I sold a raw Cdn newsstand :insane: Tales of TT # 44 9.75 to greggy out of my knapsack at Calgary expo April, 2016. Master jedi greggy slabs it at Cgc 9.8, auctions it via ComicLink for good loot. Would be fun if Kimik from Edmonton bought that same copy from ComicLink auction to complete the comic circle.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

greggy's story: I sold a raw Cdn newsstand :insane: Tales of TT # 44 9.75 to greggy out of my knapsack at Calgary expo April, 2016. Master jedi greggy slabs it at Cgc 9.8, auctions it via ComicLink for good loot. Would be fun if Kimik from Edmonton bought that same copy from ComicLink auction to complete the comic circle.

lol ! Nice !