• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I think it more has to do with how nice that copy is.  I didn't go over it 100% but it looked like a 9.8 contender for what I saw.  CGC 9.8s are $195 books so I can see people digging a bit deeper for a ultra high grade raw copy.

I guess, but I see what could be multiple spine ticks on there that might make it a 9.4.  then again, it could be part of the art, it's hard to tell.

Anyway, I think I got $35 for a copy I described as NM.  It's just a strong book.

As for being "tons out there"..yes, it's not rare, but it was an unpopular title (albeit an unpopular marvel title) and I don't think people ordered extras of this issue for the cover debut of an unknown artist.

Edited by the blob

10 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

With the news that Sony is going forward with a Black Cat/ Silver Sable movie, now would be a good time to get rid of some of those ASM 265's laying around.

:banana:

I don't think the news has hit. Once it does, the ASM#265s will fly off the shelves and somebody will hit the BIN on my ASM#194

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-spinoff-thor-writer-tackling-silver-sable-black-cat-movie-988065

:flipbait:

2 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

That was when it was a rumor, now it seems official.  People may be more inclined to buy now.

(shrug) People buy on rumors. I had no problem selling.

I would also take this into account:

The THR story doesn’t say if it will overtly connect to Spider-Man: Homecoming, but it seems likely that it will do what Venom is doing and distance itself from that movie a bit so Sony doesn’t have to deal with Marvel Studios.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

AHHHHH, now I know why I just got multiple officers on some fancy variant with Silver Sable on it that had been sitting there for a month or two!

I have another one though!

23 hours ago, the blob said:

AHHHHH, now I know why I just got multiple officers on some fancy variant with Silver Sable on it that had been sitting there for a month or two!

I have another one though!

And someone just him the BIN on my ASM#194. Time to dust off my ASM#265's and throw those out to the lions this weekend.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, ygogolak said:

(shrug) People buy on rumors. I had no problem selling.

I would also take this into account:

The THR story doesn’t say if it will overtly connect to Spider-Man: Homecoming, but it seems likely that it will do what Venom is doing and distance itself from that movie a bit so Sony doesn’t have to deal with Marvel Studios.

Yeah last time I think I sold 10 copies of ASM 265. I have a few left.

On 4/1/2017 at 5:31 PM, FoggyNelson said:
  • Copper could be the new silver :flipbait:

I think copper will become the new Bronze but not Silver. ASM 300 could be the next Hulk 181 at some point. ASMs under 328 will become much more expensive for non keys as well. 

2 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

guess this is more appropriate for copper age...watch out for new warriors and squirrel girl books with straight to show 10 episode show ordered

30-min comedy on Freeform network...doesn't sound very promising.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/marvel-new-warriors-squirrel-girl-tv-series-freeform-1202023281/

Excellent! The more TV/movie announcements of 2nd and 3rd tier comic properties that can still be bought for cheap and flipped for high prices the better. 

Edited by kimik

On 2017-04-05 at 2:51 PM, Carl Elvis said:

30-min comedy on Freeform network...doesn't sound very promising.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/marvel-new-warriors-squirrel-girl-tv-series-freeform-1202023281/

It would sound better if ABC family didn't change their name to Freeform.

On 4/5/2017 at 0:39 PM, 1p36DSA said:

guess this is more appropriate for copper age...watch out for new warriors and squirrel girl books with straight to show 10 episode show ordered

Squirrel Girl is really popular on Pinterest. She seems to be developing quite a following like Harley Quinn. I remember Harley was  mocked a decade ago by some. I would keep an eye on Squirrel Girl. Nothing surprises me anymore after Groot and Rocket Raccoon.

Glad no one bought 1st Quantum and Woody Retailer Review b/w copy off me last month at local comicon for $10. Heating up on eBay to $150.

May have accidentally found 1st Valerian UK movie appearance on front cover of an English USA comic although Valerian did have a one shot in English Heavy Metal mag Jan, 1981:

TZuztrL.jpg