• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

What venue?   Is this at shows or is it online?

I actually like to grade this books since it seems to avoid spine ticks for some reason.  I've graded 3 copies and gotten 2 9.8s and 1 9.6.  And since 9.8 are hitting close to the $100 mark you can't go wrong subbing those high grades.

14 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

It's only $10 a book which is the price it's been for awhile  

Really? I don't remember that book jumping from $0.50 to $11.00. Guess I should pay more attention.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I actually like to grade this books since it seems to avoid spine ticks for some reason.  I've graded 3 copies and gotten 2 9.8s and 1 9.6.  And since 9.8 are hitting close to the $100 mark you can't go wrong subbing those high grades.

Not a bad idea.  I have a few that are smoking copies.  Easy 9.6, most likely 9.8

15 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Not a bad idea.  I have a few that are smoking copies.  Easy 9.6, most likely 9.8

CGC seems very lenient with bindery tears due to the thickness of the book.

38 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

Seems to be creeping up......Quite sure I don't have one of these. 

Darkhawk 1

Loving it!  Just pulled a nice copy from a 2x$1 box at a Con 2 weeks ago.  Love it when books get hot right after a get a few

hopefully all the darkhawks go up....

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

That Marvel Age price is insane.

The marvel age is a lot harder to find in the cheap boxes than the #1 though, so I get it.  How many of us here don't have multiples of #1 just waiting for the right moment to sell?  I probably need to put together a stack of my 9.8 potential moderns and coppers and late BA and just suck it up and do a big pre-screen.

I won the auction on the Darkhawk 5 second print.  It looked like it was in beautiful shape and I talked to the seller who described it as so.  Just got it to complete my Darkhawk collection.  I literally never see this book up for auction and have never encountered one in the wild.  I'm assuming there are not that many copies in existence.  I'm sure someone will say I overpayed, but whatever.  I had ebay points so it wasn't that bad.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:19 PM, the blob said:

I have been waiting for Darkhawk 1 to go somewhere, but it only seems to have been for 9.8s

+1 I liked Darkhawk a lot when he came out. I actually got a copy at prescreen right now before the heat came :wishluck:

I loved DH when it came out. I remember going to Poughkeepsie, NY at a store called Iron Vics. I was working at IBM. I went to the counter with 10 copies. A kid about 10 years old walked up to the counter with a copy of DH #1 and asked the owner behind the counter if the book was good. He actually told the kid it was sh*t. I showed the kid my stack of 10 and told him I'm buying these and he should pick it up. The kid is probably 35 now and he did buy it. I wonder if he still has it. I have to dig though my stock, but I'm figuring I have 50-60 copies of #1.

Question: was there any news or word or rumor about DH being in a show or movie? I'm just wondering why this book is heating up.

11 hours ago, Philflound said:

I loved DH when it came out. I remember going to Poughkeepsie, NY at a store called Iron Vics. I was working at IBM. I went to the counter with 10 copies. A kid about 10 years old walked up to the counter with a copy of DH #1 and asked the owner behind the counter if the book was good. He actually told the kid it was sh*t. I showed the kid my stack of 10 and told him I'm buying these and he should pick it up. The kid is probably 35 now and he did buy it. I wonder if he still has it. I have to dig though my stock, but I'm figuring I have 50-60 copies of #1.

Question: was there any news or word or rumor about DH being in a show or movie? I'm just wondering why this book is heating up.

I think the rumors revolve around him and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  Something about his figure is in the GotG2 set.  Seems a bit flimsy to me so I'm unloading my 3 high grade copies as fast as I can.

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I think the rumors revolve around him and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  Something about his figure is in the GotG2 set.  Seems a bit flimsy to me so I'm unloading my 3 high grade copies as fast as I can.

Yeah, seems like DH was just crammed into this wave, the actual GotG2 figures have the movie logo on the box while the others just have the name of the wave.

IMG_4813.PNG

http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-adam-warlock-darkhawk/

Earlier today, Gunn (courtesy of CBR) responded to that rumor (and one that Darkhawk would appear in the film as well), addressing whether the toys meant the characters would be in the film. Following that post, Gunn took to Twitter to clarify his previous comments, once again opening up the possibility that Adam Warlock could appear:

“I think it was not very well thought out because I’m getting questions about. ‘Is Darkhawk in the movie because of the Marvel Legends figure? Is Adam Warlock in the movie because of the Marvel Legends figures?’All you need to do is look at the packaging, you guys. On the packaging cover, it says ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ on the figures that are from the movie and it doesn’t say Vol. 2 on the other figures. So that should tell you what’s from the movie and what’s not.”